Does anyone like Mike Schiavello? - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
Japanese MMA Discuss Japanese MMA in here, such as DREAM, Shooto, and World Victory Road and any other Japanese MMA federation.

View Poll Results: Do You Like Mike Schiavello?

Yes 22 68.75%
No 8 25.00%
Who the hell is Mike Schiavello? 2 6.25%
Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 12-31-2010, 08:48 PM   #11 (permalink)
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
osmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By All
He is the best in the business even if his knowledge of the ground game is limited. He just needs to be paired with a guy who knows grappling when he does MMA.
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-01-2011, 04:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 53
Cragly will become famous soon enoughCragly will become famous soon enoughCragly will become famous soon enoughCragly will become famous soon enoughCragly will become famous soon enoughCragly will become famous soon enoughCragly will become famous soon enoughCragly will become famous soon enoughCragly will become famous soon enoughCragly will become famous soon enoughCragly will become famous soon enough
Ive heard him do a few Australian MMA events, and always thought he was terrible.

Then again he's calling Australian MMA there's generally nothing to get excited about in fights which last 30 secs cause half the cnts have no idea what to do once taken down by an American trained wrestler eg. Daniel Cormier

I agree with above post that his knowledge of ground game is limited.

However last night at DREAM I thought he was fantastic as was surprised at his general knowledge and humor.
Cragly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 11:43 AM   #13 (permalink)
official thrash metal connoisseur
 
hellholming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,177
hellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Syko View Post
Schiavello is easily the best commentator in MMA imo, how can anyone not like him? He knows his stuff more than anyone and his one liners are hilarious.
exactly.

Goldberg is the one who sucks.
__________________
sigpic by Toxic

Fedor, Mir, Lytle, Serra, Hendo, Chuck, Minowaman, Maynard, Forrest, Hunt
Pickett, Kampmann, Matt Brown, Bisping, Weidman, Barnett, Teixeira, Lawler


hellholming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Iuanes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,213
Iuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A BallerIuanes Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikkolai View Post
It's like trying to find a pubic hair at a justin Beiber Concert
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Trigg
Is that because they're young or because they're shaved?



Yeah, sometimes Schiavello tries too hard to make things seem 'epic', sometimes he's a little cheesy but the guy is a legitimate aficionado of MMA and he keeps these 7 hour Japanese events lively. You want to hear Goldie commentate an Overeem fight? Talk about cross dressing Japanese kick boxers? Lame.
Iuanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 8,725
Hammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iuanes View Post



Yeah, sometimes Schiavello tries too hard to make things seem 'epic', sometimes he's a little cheesy but the guy is a legitimate aficionado of MMA and he keeps these 7 hour Japanese events lively. You want to hear Goldie commentate an Overeem fight? Talk about cross dressing Japanese kick boxers? Lame.
No joke, I couldn't watch Dynamite in one sitting. After three hours I was drained, couldn't take any more, my ears were hurting from my headphones, but this guy just sits in front of that table for seven freaking hours and enjoys himself like a little kid. The fact that he could even talk by the time the main event happened is a miracle.
Hammerlock2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,784
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Can't stand him, his annoying screaming if someone lands a stiff jab and the ever repeated "THE BIG KABOSH" or "Good night Irene" are tired and I get a head ache listening to him. I do mute my tv when mike and Frank Trigg are calling an event. I'd rather watch in silence than hear those two. I like Rogan personally, Goldie is pretty bad too, but I can listen to him more than Schiavello because he isn't screaming things that make no sense for half the fight, just the end of the fight. It's not Schiabello's knowledge because he probably is the most educated play by play guy, it's his delivery and style is just not to my taste.

IMO There really isn't a good play by play guy in MMA right now, a few good color guys but they are mainly ex-fighters and Joe Rogan. MMA needs a good play by play guy.
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 06:47 PM   #17 (permalink)
Super Ultra Great Delicious Wonderful
 
osmium's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Richmond, VA
Posts: 6,517
osmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By Allosmium Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Can't stand him, his annoying screaming if someone lands a stiff jab and the ever repeated "THE BIG KABOSH" or "Good night Irene" are tired and I get a head ache listening to him. I do mute my tv when mike and Frank Trigg are calling an event. I'd rather watch in silence than hear those two. I like Rogan personally, Goldie is pretty bad too, but I can listen to him more than Schiavello because he isn't screaming things that make no sense for half the fight, just the end of the fight. It's not Schiabello's knowledge because he probably is the most educated play by play guy, it's his delivery and style is just not to my taste.

IMO There really isn't a good play by play guy in MMA right now, a few good color guys but they are mainly ex-fighters and Joe Rogan. MMA needs a good play by play guy.

I think his style works better for K1 than MMA where the blow by blow comes at a faster pace and it is all striking so he isn't ever out of his comfort zone.
osmium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,784
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by osmium View Post
I think his style works better for K1 than MMA where the blow by blow comes at a faster pace and it is all striking so he isn't ever out of his comfort zone.
It does, I don't mind watching him with K1 and if we're being honest most of the time K1 is way more exciting because you can't really stall and KOs are so frequent so that style works. Not so much when guys are grappling in MMA.
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 02:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
official thrash metal connoisseur
 
hellholming's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 3,177
hellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By Allhellholming Is Beloved By All
Schiavello could probably do an event all by himself... Could you say that about Goldberg who only states facts and plugs upcoming events?
__________________
sigpic by Toxic

Fedor, Mir, Lytle, Serra, Hendo, Chuck, Minowaman, Maynard, Forrest, Hunt
Pickett, Kampmann, Matt Brown, Bisping, Weidman, Barnett, Teixeira, Lawler


hellholming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 07:57 AM   #20 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1
Ramonadatsao has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Love him, brilliant the way the daft yank doodle dandies cry like little bitches day in day out day in day out day in day out on sherdog.

Gamefly Coupon
Ramonadatsao is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios