Start Date: 1 September 2012
Application Deadline: 10 August 2012 at 4 PM.
Position Description: Ottawa Academy of Martial Arts (OAMA) is one of the premier Muay Academies in the Ottawa region and throughout Ontario. We serve recreational participants and both amateur and professional competitors.
OAMA is seeking to recruit to our team, an experienced Muay Thai Coach & Instructor. The duties of this person will include:
· Instruction of OAMA students, at all levels of proficiency, from the occasional student whose goals are to get in shape and learn the martial art of Muay Thai, to the amateur competitor who wishes to seriously train and perhaps develop into a professional athlete;
· Instruction and training of staff who wish to develop into Muay coaches in the future;
· Management of the Muay Thai Competition Team, including its weekly training and the making of travelling arrangements for both national and international competition;
· Provide management support to the Owner of OAMA as required.
· Fought amateur and professional Muay Thai in excess of 10 fights in each category
· Experienced Muay Thai coach/instructor at national and international level
· Prior experience in Thailand, including training and coaching of fighters in Thailand
· Present or past involvement with a Muay Thai organization in some form or capacity
· Ability to speak and write in both English and French
· 1 year military experience preferred
· Not presently or interested in competing anymore
If you meet the above qualifications, are well organized, and wish to be part of a dynamic and innovative organization, with significant growth potential, please forward a resume and covering letter that clearly describes how you knowledge and experienced meets our requirements, to the attention of:
Ottawa Academy of Martial Arts
1673 Carling Ave., Suite 215
Ottawa, ON K2A 1C4
Please no phone calls. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Deadline for Applications: August 10, 2012 at 4PM.