MMA fighters to K-1 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
K-1 Grand Prix K-1 is a combat sport that combines stand up techniques from Muay Thai, Karate, Savate, San shou, Kickboxing and traditional Boxing to determine the single best stand-up fighter in the world (the "1").

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2009, 05:46 PM Thread Starter
:|.Pie.|:
 
ZeroPRIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,859
                     
MMA fighters to K-1

Who do you think could make the transition from mma to K-1? The most obvious choice would be Anderson Silva because he has great muay thai and striking but who are some others? Choose from any weight class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDylan View Post
****en asd
ZeroPRIDE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 08:25 AM
Flyweight
 
Don$ukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 488
                     
Anderson Silva could definetly be an average K1 fighter like win a few then lose a few. Apart from Silva, Gegard Mousasi(with a top standup trainer) and Melvin Manhoef could make some noise in K1.
Machida I would like to see fight just simply because I dont think I have seen him take any damage in UFC, even against Sokoudjou.
Without a doubt though I can definetly see Matt Hughes making the transition and he would probably win K1 MAX every year.

Franklin,Gouveia,Maia,Kharitonov,Hunt,Liddell,Pari syan,Hardy,Shlemenko,Machida,Gomi,Bustamante,Evans ,Edgar,Hathaway,Bonnar,Murray,S.Carter,Ludwig,Pett is,K.Gill,Sobral,Mousasi,D.Cruz,Arona,Nogueiras,Co te,Ole Laursen,Kawajiri,Sakuraba & K1 Lebanner!
Don$ukh is offline  
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 05:16 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
joshua7789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,322
                     
Rich Franklin. People forgot how good his stand up is after he got destroyed by Anderson Silva. His fight against Matt Hammil showed how good he is with body kicks and his hands are better then anyone in his weight class besides Silva. Other then that, Anderson Silva was a great kickboxer prior to his current mma run. Andrei Arlovski has great hands and strong kicks. Sokoudjou should leave mma and give pro kickboxing a run. That guy has no place fighting in bigtime mma right now, but he is solid enough with his hands and legs to competet in K1 i believe.
joshua7789 is offline  
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-04-2009, 07:01 PM Thread Starter
:|.Pie.|:
 
ZeroPRIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,859
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don$ukh View Post
Anderson Silva could definetly be an average K1 fighter like win a few then lose a few. Apart from Silva, Gegard Mousasi(with a top standup trainer) and Melvin Manhoef could make some noise in K1.
Machida I would like to see fight just simply because I dont think I have seen him take any damage in UFC, even against Sokoudjou.
Without a doubt though I can definetly see Matt Hughes making the transition and he would probably win K1 MAX every year.

Melvin Manhoef already fights in K-1.

Machida he fights with a passive style and thats a foul in K-1 so unless he fights aggressive he would lose it.But i would like to see him nonetheless

As for hughes he actually has to have stand up skills which is average at best, and he would never win a K-1 Max GP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDylan View Post
****en asd
ZeroPRIDE is offline  
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 09:50 AM
Flyweight
 
Don$ukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 488
                     
Come on Zero you didnt actually think I was serious about Hughes, I just had a random thought of him doing a Flying knee ko of Kraus and then beating Masato in the K1 Max final by kokato geri axe kick. It just really made me laugh because his standup is shocking.
I really think Machida with his shotokan background could be a very technical k1 fighter if he lights up his legs more and he wont have to worry about takedowns or wrestling so I dont think he would be as passive in k1, He could develop a Everton teixeira style.

Franklin,Gouveia,Maia,Kharitonov,Hunt,Liddell,Pari syan,Hardy,Shlemenko,Machida,Gomi,Bustamante,Evans ,Edgar,Hathaway,Bonnar,Murray,S.Carter,Ludwig,Pett is,K.Gill,Sobral,Mousasi,D.Cruz,Arona,Nogueiras,Co te,Ole Laursen,Kawajiri,Sakuraba & K1 Lebanner!
Don$ukh is offline  
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 10:11 AM
Flyweight
 
Don$ukh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London
Posts: 488
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua7789 View Post
Rich Franklin. People forgot how good his stand up is after he got destroyed by Anderson Silva. His fight against Matt Hammil showed how good he is with body kicks and his hands are better then anyone in his weight class besides Silva. Other then that, Anderson Silva was a great kickboxer prior to his current mma run. Andrei Arlovski has great hands and strong kicks. Sokoudjou should leave mma and give pro kickboxing a run. That guy has no place fighting in bigtime mma right now, but he is solid enough with his hands and legs to competet in K1 i believe.
Rich Franklin is an interesting choice, K1 clinching rule change would really help him but I just cant see his standup style being successful. One thing for sure though is that his standup in Ufc is underrated and the guy has some serious striking skills.
As for sokodjou you are right in that he should not be fighting skilled grapplers even with his judo. He does have more skills to his striking then he has showed so far, he just seems too scared by fighters going for the shoot in mma.

Franklin,Gouveia,Maia,Kharitonov,Hunt,Liddell,Pari syan,Hardy,Shlemenko,Machida,Gomi,Bustamante,Evans ,Edgar,Hathaway,Bonnar,Murray,S.Carter,Ludwig,Pett is,K.Gill,Sobral,Mousasi,D.Cruz,Arona,Nogueiras,Co te,Ole Laursen,Kawajiri,Sakuraba & K1 Lebanner!
Don$ukh is offline  
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-05-2009, 07:27 PM Thread Starter
:|.Pie.|:
 
ZeroPRIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,859
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don$ukh View Post
Come on Zero you didnt actually think I was serious about Hughes, I just had a random thought of him doing a Flying knee ko of Kraus and then beating Masato in the K1 Max final by kokato geri axe kick. It just really made me laugh because his standup is shocking.
I really think Machida with his shotokan background could be a very technical k1 fighter if he lights up his legs more and he wont have to worry about takedowns or wrestling so I dont think he would be as passive in k1, He could develop a Everton teixeira style.
Thanks god cuz i was like "WTF really?"


Agree. If he becomes a little bit more aggressive and along with his elusiveness he would do pretty well i think.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDylan View Post
****en asd
ZeroPRIDE is offline  
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 06:01 PM
Sexy as F
 
Evil Ira's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Tyne and Wear, UK
Posts: 2,044
                     
I'd like to have seen 'The Old Chuck' in K1 with his amazing fists.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Ira View Post
Top Five Ways to paper cut your balls.
Quote:
Originally Posted by name goes here View Post
4 trying to teach your willy to read
Evil Ira is offline  
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-09-2009, 08:05 PM
Megaweight
 
CornbreadBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,569
                     
Thiago Alves, BJ Penn, Wandi, Arlovski (if he had a chin), Aleksander Emelianenko, Belfort, Kongo, Yvel



CornbreadBB is offline  
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-11-2009, 07:33 PM Thread Starter
:|.Pie.|:
 
ZeroPRIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,859
                     
Arlovski may not have a chin with mma gloves but he might with boxing gloves. I also like the Kongo pick CB simply becuase he was a kickboxer before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDylan View Post
****en asd
ZeroPRIDE is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome