Arizona bill could criminalize Internet trolling - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 09:44 AM Thread Starter
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,603
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Because it leads to bills like this, and you can't change natural behavior. Kids are going to bully other kids, it doesn't matter what you do, it's part of their natural and social behavior as animals, and no good ever comes from trying to dwarf and drown any animal's natural and social behavior.

You tell a kid to stop jumping on the bed, turn around walk out the room, he jumps on the bed. They are kids, they are going to bully, it's part of who they are at this age and it is part of their social growth. What needs to changes is parents babying them and treating them like little angels, and teaching them to stand up for themselves instead of running to the school crying.

Parents are at fault for not raising their kids strong enough to stand up for themselves and deal with it, not the kids who are naturally, instinctively, and socially growing via an act of bullying that has taken place naturally for thousands of years. It's the new wave of American "pussificaton" causing this issue, not kids doing what kids do.
Agreed 100%.



Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 10:32 AM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
You are correct, although I disagree that something needs to be done about bullying. Bullying has been around since the very first time a group of kids played together thousands of years ago - it's a part of their natural social behavior and growth, there's a reason it has been present throughout human history.

That's a topic for another time, though. This bill is retarded.
If you don't think this is a growing problem then your just being blind to the facts. Honestly I got bullied growing up but lets be real when we were kids you phoned your friends today kids facebook them, when they go online they are subjected to further harassment and threats. There is no sanctuary and the internet also only serves to expand lines of communication. Johny beat Billy up so bad that he pissed himself? Bam now the entire city knows, where before it likely would have never grown to that extent. If you think that bullying is a part of growing up than your just blind to the truth. Kids are increasingly more disrespectful, question authority more, are more violent and yet some how you think picking on the weak is the same as always? Don't be blind that fact that respect is not beaten into kids anymore has drastically effected adolescent behavior as a whole. There is a reason kids keep going to school with guns and offing themselves because of the net its because they are being pushed past the breaking point. I have been there, I actually went as far as putting the barrel of a loaded gun in my mouth as a kid because of the harassment I received and honestly your post saying its a regular part of child development absolutely disgusts me.




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 02:52 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,499
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
If you don't think this is a growing problem then your just being blind to the facts. Honestly I got bullied growing up but lets be real when we were kids you phoned your friends today kids facebook them, when they go online they are subjected to further harassment and threats. There is no sanctuary and the internet also only serves to expand lines of communication. Johny beat Billy up so bad that he pissed himself? Bam now the entire city knows, where before it likely would have never grown to that extent. If you think that bullying is a part of growing up than your just blind to the truth. Kids are increasingly more disrespectful, question authority more, are more violent and yet some how you think picking on the weak is the same as always? Don't be blind that fact that respect is not beaten into kids anymore has drastically effected adolescent behavior as a whole. There is a reason kids keep going to school with guns and offing themselves because of the net its because they are being pushed past the breaking point. I have been there, I actually went as far as putting the barrel of a loaded gun in my mouth as a kid because of the harassment I received and honestly your post saying its a regular part of child development absolutely disgusts me.
It might disgust you, but it is human and child nature and therefore that is how it is and isn't going to change now, or ever. Turn your facebook off, ignore people, or better yet, hope you are born with parents that teach you these things so that you can stand up for yourself.

bullying is part of social growth in younger humans, that is why it has been here thousands of years and is just as strong now with no sign of slowing even with all these anti bullying movies/campaings going on. It is part of learning social structure, dominance, confidence, the ability to stand up for yourself, and many other things.

Fault new-aged pussificated parents for not raising their kids to be tough enough to handle it or stand up for themselves, not a child's natural behavior.
M.C is offline  
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 03:09 PM Thread Starter
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,603
                     
The world is not happy go lucky. It is harsh and cruel. So are kids. People have to learn to deal with it. If a child who grows up sheltered then gets into a highly competitive job, what then? If he or she has not grown up knowing how to deal with pressure they will crumble when someone is a dick and takes a sale/job from them being a dick.

Now when it goes from simple bullying to straight harrasment and stalking yeah legal action needs to be taken. Calling a fat girl or boy fat is not a crime.



Credit to M.C !!

Last edited by G_Land; 04-05-2012 at 03:37 PM.
G_Land is offline  
post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 03:50 PM
Bantamweight
 
H33LHooK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Where it's cold- very cold.
Posts: 691
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Fault new-aged pussificated parents for not raising their kids to be tough enough to handle it or stand up for themselves, not a child's natural behavior.
I fault the parents of the kids who bully wa-a-ay more than I do any of the kids involved.



.
H33LHooK is offline  
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 04:17 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,499
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by H33LHooK View Post
I fault the parents of the kids who bully wa-a-ay more than I do any of the kids involved.



.
Kids are mean, they bully, parents or not. Even kids who don't bully are known for laughing at the situation or doing things like making fun of a kid's name withough full on "bullying".

How many times have you heard someone's name and said "I bet he had a hard time in school"? I bet all of us have or heard someone else say it and agreed. We agree because kids are mean and bullying is part of growing up and part of the social structure.

You are right, though, whether you are against bullying or not, one thing is for certain, it is the parents and parents only who are at fault, and if anything needs changed, it is their parenting, and that is where focus needs to be, not on making movies and cashing in on it.
M.C is offline  
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 05:21 PM
Welterweight
 
Woodenhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 2,044
                     
Behaviour evolves.
Woodenhead is offline  
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,603
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodenhead View Post
Behaviour evolves.

Into...the internet????



Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline  
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 05:54 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,499
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Land View Post
Into...the internet????
It.......is..... Alive!!!

Naw, it does evolve, but naturally so.
M.C is offline  
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 04-05-2012, 06:17 PM
 
Toxic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: See that guy over in the window, with the binoculars?
Posts: 21,821
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
It might disgust you, but it is human and child nature and therefore that is how it is and isn't going to change now, or ever. Turn your facebook off, ignore people, or better yet, hope you are born with parents that teach you these things so that you can stand up for yourself.

bullying is part of social growth in younger humans, that is why it has been here thousands of years and is just as strong now with no sign of slowing even with all these anti bullying movies/campaings going on. It is part of learning social structure, dominance, confidence, the ability to stand up for yourself, and many other things.

Fault new-aged pussificated parents for not raising their kids to be tough enough to handle it or stand up for themselves, not a child's natural behavior.
Bullying is a part of social growth for the bully and stunts it for victims. Fault the parents for not raising there kids to be tough enough, how the hell are they supposed to raise a kid who is undersized to be bigger or stronger?




"If you get hit and it hurts hit him back you not knocked out yet."-Joe Doerksen
The Toxic Terrors (FFL)
Demetrious Johnson*Eduardo Dantas*Emanuel Newton*Will Brooks*Michael Page



Toxic is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome