MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   The Lounge (http://www.mmaforum.com/lounge/)
-   -   Calling out MMAF fatties! (http://www.mmaforum.com/lounge/106110-calling-out-mmaf-fatties.html)

Intermission 10-18-2012 03:00 AM

Calling out MMAF fatties!
 
I've been searching for a motivation to lose weight lately and I thought up a decent idea.

If anyone else is in with me, we would weigh in and measure ourselves at the same time on the same day. We will agree on a time frame and who ever loses the most fat % wins the contest. The reason I say fat % and not total pounds is because some one who is 250 lbs can lose weight faster than someone who is 150 lbs.

Just an idea, I'm still going to get my fat ass into shape on my own, just wanted to see if anyone else was up for bettering their life with me.

Mirage445 10-18-2012 03:24 AM

Who are you calling fat?! :'(

Life B Ez 10-18-2012 03:43 AM

I'd be up for this. I'm already in pretty good shape but I've hit a plateau lately and could use some motivation.

I'm about 168 right now want to get down around 155 or so.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Killz 10-18-2012 03:48 AM

Yeah, I'm in the worst shape I've been for a while. I could deffo be up for this.

Hawndo 10-18-2012 10:22 AM

I'm trying my hardest but it's off-season for competition/fights so I don't have much motivation. This could be a great deal. Before/After pictures would be cool too.

OHKO 10-18-2012 10:35 AM

Good luck guys! Heres a little motivation:

I was 5'9 and 185lbs just 2 years ago. Obese Asian kid...Not like half of that was muscle. It was probably all fats. Started watching UFC, and I was like woah, I want to look like these guys. Started skipping, jogging and eating less ( not healthy...but still ). In six months I slimmed down to 126lbs. That was when I was 16 years old. Now I'm 18, 5'10, and stabilised at 137lbs. I still don't look anything like the UFC guys, but I'm feeling way healthier, look better, and just feel good in general.

Good luck guys!

Intermission 10-18-2012 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Life B Ez (Post 1639113)
I'd be up for this. I'm already in pretty good shape but I've hit a plateau lately and could use some motivation.

I'm about 168 right now want to get down around 155 or so.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Quote:

Originally Posted by Killz (Post 1639115)
Yeah, I'm in the worst shape I've been for a while. I could deffo be up for this.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawndo (Post 1639179)
I'm trying my hardest but it's off-season for competition/fights so I don't have much motivation. This could be a great deal. Before/After pictures would be cool too.

4 way competition so far? I like it! I think before/after pictures is a good idea. I do know for sure to prevent cheating (not like any of us would cheat) but you take a picture of the scale and a daily news paper beside it.

If we can all agree on a start date we can measure our selves and weigh ourselves :P

Quote:

Originally Posted by OHKO (Post 1639184)
Good luck guys! Heres a little motivation:

I was 5'9 and 185lbs just 2 years ago. Obese Asian kid...Not like half of that was muscle. It was probably all fats. Started watching UFC, and I was like woah, I want to look like these guys. Started skipping, jogging and eating less ( not healthy...but still ). In six months I slimmed down to 126lbs. That was when I was 16 years old. Now I'm 18, 5'10, and stabilised at 137lbs. I still don't look anything like the UFC guys, but I'm feeling way healthier, look better, and just feel good in general.

Good luck guys!

Good job man! You looking to put on a bit more muscle mass?

Hawndo 10-18-2012 01:58 PM

I'm not particularly fussed about weight, more my fat content. As fas as weight goes I'm trying to bulk up a bit but I def have a belly I want to lose.

Life B Ez 10-18-2012 06:55 PM

I need to get back to competition weight. Plus I'm looking to fight at the end of the year so I need to be within a decent range so I can cut to 145 again.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Composure 10-20-2012 04:14 AM

Good luck man! I'll always tip my hat to anyone who wants to make a change. And from experience, it pays in the long run. I used to be over 300lbs, went down to 185 (looked sickly), started lifting and now I am sitting around 235-240. If you have questions or that on anything just shoot me a PM and I could help you with any questions you may have.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:34 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2