MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   The Lounge (http://www.mmaforum.com/lounge/)
-   -   Elementary School shooting, 20 children dead (http://www.mmaforum.com/lounge/107723-elementary-school-shooting-20-children-dead.html)

OU 12-14-2012 01:09 PM

Elementary School shooting, 20 children dead
 
http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/12/14...ool/?hpt=hp_t1

18 children dead. Most of if not all kindergartners. 4-6 year old children. Very sad.

Budhisten 12-14-2012 02:43 PM

Scary - just scary... How many of these incidents will it take for the US to start reviewing their gunlaws? And don't give me the whole "Guns don't kill people, people kill people" because I agree with you. But the guns sure as hell doesn't make it any harder for them.

Last year 11 people died from gunfire in Japan, 587 Americans died - as a result of misfires alone! There is nearly one gun per citizen in American, which is more than 20 times more than any other civilized nation in this world. It's just insanity.

As for the news (Don't wanna turn this into a gun-thread, just had to vent, I apologize) this has been a disturbing day for me. I work with children age 5-8 every day of my life and picturing something similar happening to one of my classes is just heartbreaking. Absolutely terrifying. And hearing some of the surviving children describe the scenario is equally as heartbreaking, their innocense making it so much harder to bear.

What a sad, pathetic human being one has to be to do something this despicable. Hope we don't see any more crazy shit before 12/21 :/

OU 12-14-2012 02:50 PM

Yeah I don't like how these things turn into gun control issues, too early for that for my taste.

It's a tragic situation. It makes me sick,sad,angry,depressed and more all at the same time. The thought of someone killing an entire class of kindergartners. Just horrible.

Life B Ez 12-14-2012 03:23 PM

Can we try not to turn this into a gun law debate right now. I have my feelings on them as well but I don't think we need yo turn this into a flame war over politics. Ith a horrible scenario and that's it.

Haven't heard anything new. Hope they can sort out if it was one or two gunman. I really can't conceive what would cause this. All the school shootings okay I somewhat understood them. Columbine and VA Tech. I can see what the person was thinking this I just don't get and I can't make myself even come close.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

OU 12-14-2012 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Life B Ez (Post 1657773)
Can we try not to turn this into a gun law debate right now. I have my feelings on them as well but I don't think we need yo turn this into a flame war over politics. Ith a horrible scenario and that's it.

Haven't heard anything new. Hope they can sort out if it was one or two gunman. I really can't conceive what would cause this. All the school shootings okay I somewhat understood them. Columbine and VA Tech. I can see what the person was thinking this I just don't get and I can't make myself even come close.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3

Yeah I agree with all of this.

I just heard that the guy was 20, his brother is 24 and in custody. The shooter killed his own mother then went to the school and killed an entire kindergarten glass.

Budhisten 12-14-2012 03:42 PM

His mother was the kindergarten teacher - he killed his father at home, went to the school - killed the mother and her class... Despicable :(

OU 12-14-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Budhisten (Post 1657778)
His mother was the kindergarten teacher - he killed his father at home, went to the school - killed the mother and her class... Despicable :(

Yeah I just heard the dad was killed as well. I guess he was killed in New Jersey. The child count is now at 20. 20 kids, 6 adults not including the shooter and his parents. Unbelievable that someone actually did this.

M.C 12-14-2012 04:13 PM

The world is full of wild animals that kill each other all the time, humans are no exceptions. We are wild great apes that just so happen to be smart enough to feel the way we feel about these type of things, yet still have a wild animal mentality that allows us to do these things in the first place. Crazy/sad/etc, but most interesting for me is the natural aspect of things like this.

Pretty crazy stuff. Anyone know how big of a town this was done in? I don't know too much about it yet.

OU 12-14-2012 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M.C (Post 1657786)
The world is full of wild animals that kill each other all the time, humans are no exceptions. We are wild great apes that just so happen to be smart enough to feel the way we feel about these type of things, yet still have a wild animal mentality that allows us to do these things in the first place. Crazy/sad/etc, but most interesting for me is the natural aspect of things like this.

Pretty crazy stuff. Anyone know how big of a town this was done in? I don't know too much about it yet.

You find things like this interesting? You make it sound natural. What an awful perspective on this situation.

M.C 12-14-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OUSOONERSOU (Post 1657787)
You find things like this interesting? You make it sound natural. What an awful perspective on this situation.

It is natural, and it is interesting for anyone who is interested in social behavior or anyone who finds it interesting to link how humans act compared to how other species of the animal world act. Every psychologist in the world right now is finding this interesting, not that I am one, but it's the same basic interest.

Everyone already knows it's sad, I don't have to say it is, it already is. However, it's also very interesting to me on a social/naturalistic level. There's nothing wrong with that.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:43 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2