One of our soldiers... read it... - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply

Old 04-18-2007, 04:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 68
crashcrew has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
wow, in response to your blatant ignorance, i'll call your information as coming from fundamentalist, theocratic conservatives...

seems like you're just as biased as you say I, and others am...

no need to be a jerk.
What ignorance? Everything I posted is the truth. A person can't be biased if they are telling the truth. The "America is in Iraq because of oil" has been played out and proven false so many times...only an ignorant person would still spew this rhetoric BS.
crashcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-18-2007, 06:38 PM   #22 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Kodanshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the Shadow of the Watchtower
Posts: 62
Kodanshi is on a distinguished roadKodanshi is on a distinguished roadKodanshi is on a distinguished roadKodanshi is on a distinguished road
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcrew
What ignorance? Everything I posted is the truth. A person can't be biased if they are telling the truth. The "America is in Iraq because of oil" has been played out and proven false so many times...only an ignorant person would still spew this rhetoric BS.
Re: my chosen highlighted section. Now you can call THAT BS… Of course you can maintain a bias, especially as you can’t have a simple definition for ‘truth’. Truth like Saddam Hussein harboured Weapons of Mass Destruction? Nope. That turned out a load of biased Weapons of Gas Eruption!
Kodanshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 06:59 PM   #23 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcrew
What ignorance? Everything I posted is the truth. A person can't be biased if they are telling the truth. The "America is in Iraq because of oil" has been played out and proven false so many times...only an ignorant person would still spew this rhetoric BS.
to proclaim yourself as the most truthful is very akin to self-rightous, self-authoritative, Bush-style thinking. many people think God exists because they "know so", but that doesn't make him real. unless you present contrasting points to mine, in the form of proof, it's all just oppinion.


"you can't be biased if you're telling the truth". definetly one of the most ignorant statements i've ever heard.
__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 07:14 PM   #24 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Kodanshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the Shadow of the Watchtower
Posts: 62
Kodanshi is on a distinguished roadKodanshi is on a distinguished roadKodanshi is on a distinguished roadKodanshi is on a distinguished road
Question

crashcrew: philosophers have debated the nature of ‘truth’ for centuries now and come to no agreed definition or method of establishing it, what makes doing so any easier now?
Kodanshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:53 PM   #25 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 68
crashcrew has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodanshi
crashcrew: philosophers have debated the nature of ‘truth’ for centuries now and come to no agreed definition or method of establishing it, what makes doing so any easier now?

Fire is hot...ice is cold...TRUTH...see how easy that was socrates?
crashcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 09:55 PM   #26 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 68
crashcrew has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
to proclaim yourself as the most truthful is very akin to self-rightous, self-authoritative, Bush-style thinking. many people think God exists because they "know so", but that doesn't make him real. unless you present contrasting points to mine, in the form of proof, it's all just oppinion.


"you can't be biased if you're telling the truth". definetly one of the most ignorant statements i've ever heard.
If you knew how to comprehend..you would realize that what I meant was...If you are telling the TRUTH about a subject..that is not being "biased"..it is being correct. The poster I replied to said I was biased. When in fact I was only telling truths. Understand?
crashcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2007, 10:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Kodanshi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In the Shadow of the Watchtower
Posts: 62
Kodanshi is on a distinguished roadKodanshi is on a distinguished roadKodanshi is on a distinguished roadKodanshi is on a distinguished road
Exclamation

Your references to ice & fire come as ‘FACTS’, not ‘truths’. For a little hint at the depths of complexity you’ve attempted to gloss over please go here!
Kodanshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:58 AM   #28 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by crashcrew
Fire is hot...ice is cold...TRUTH...see how easy that was socrates?
you are obviuosly not very well read. when people do what you just did there, it proves they have no recourse to intellegent discourse. obviously things such as that are "true"; he was talking about matters of opinion, perspective and metaphysics. although, "hot & cold" are relative terms. if you ask someone in Japan if something is cold, they'd say; "no, it's *insert japanese word for cold*".

just because you see something clearly from your perspective, doesn't make it true. kids forced into religion from birth have no chance to see things our of that imposed perspective, therefore whatever they think is already skewed by that dogma. But that doesn't make the earth 6,000 years old. Evolution still happens if nobody knew about it, but religion ceases to exist if everyone stops believing in it...

just an example.
__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 06:59 AM   #29 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodanshi
Your references to ice & fire come as ‘FACTS’, not ‘truths’. For a little hint at the depths of complexity you’ve attempted to gloss over please go here!
or i could have stated it as simply as you... lol
__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2007, 08:57 AM   #30 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 68
crashcrew has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
you are obviuosly not very well read. when people do what you just did there, it proves they have no recourse to intellegent discourse. obviously things such as that are "true"; he was talking about matters of opinion, perspective and metaphysics. although, "hot & cold" are relative terms. if you ask someone in Japan if something is cold, they'd say; "no, it's *insert japanese word for cold*".

just because you see something clearly from your perspective, doesn't make it true. kids forced into religion from birth have no chance to see things our of that imposed perspective, therefore whatever they think is already skewed by that dogma. But that doesn't make the earth 6,000 years old. Evolution still happens if nobody knew about it, but religion ceases to exist if everyone stops believing in it...

just an example.

Hey stupid...What I wrote was not a matter of opinion. The US not using one drop of Iraqi oil since the start of this war is the TRUTH..or a FACT...and again, if you went to Japan, idiot, they would still tell you that fire is hot and ice is cold. You're trying to sound all deep and sh!t..when in fact, or in all truthfullness, you're sounding like a retard with no common sense.

Last edited by crashcrew : 04-19-2007 at 09:00 AM.
crashcrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios