MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   The Lounge (http://www.mmaforum.com/lounge/)
-   -   One of our soldiers... read it... (http://www.mmaforum.com/lounge/12410-one-our-soldiers-read.html)

pt447 04-16-2007 06:17 PM

One of our soldiers... read it...
 
The Blog | Elayne Boosler: Just A Soldier | The Huffington Post

this shit is heavy...:(

ID06 04-16-2007 06:23 PM

powerful words, very powerful

pt447 04-16-2007 11:17 PM

very telling, wouldn\'t you say? talk about troop morale and outlook... seems like they see the whole situation just like us at home...

WouldLuv2FightU 04-17-2007 06:59 AM

good article...it\'s wierd how some troops are like this guy and others are so hardcore for the war and calling home telling us all to stop whining and let them finish the job they came to do and have worked so hard for.

pt447 04-17-2007 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
good article...it\'s wierd how some troops are like this guy and others are so hardcore for the war and calling home telling us all to stop whining and let them finish the job they came to do and have worked so hard for.

that\'s because the indoctrination doesn\'t take hold of everyone...

WouldLuv2FightU 04-17-2007 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pt447
that\'s because the indoctrination doesn\'t take hold of everyone...

I don\'t know. I think even without the military brainwashing them, they still raise a good point. It makes this whole "bring the troops home" thing kinda iffy for me. I agree they are there for no reason, and dying for no reason. But then again, the guys who have been risking their lives everyday for the last 5 years and watching their buddies die all the time, think that it is wrong to want to end this war before it\'s finished and pull out like "cowards". For them, it\'s like making everything they\'ve done and risked their life for even more meaningless. What good is all their hard work and all that if they are just going to give up and retreat before they\'re done? They raise a good point in saying pulling out early would just make the war all that much more meaningless...

pt447 04-17-2007 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
I don\'t know. I think even without the military brainwashing them, they still raise a good point. It makes this whole "bring the troops home" thing kinda iffy for me. I agree they are there for no reason, and dying for no reason. But then again, the guys who have been risking their lives everyday for the last 5 years and watching their buddies die all the time, think that it is wrong to want to end this war before it\'s finished and pull out like "cowards". For them, it\'s like making everything they\'ve done and risked their life for even more meaningless. What good is all their hard work and all that if they are just going to give up and retreat before they\'re done? They raise a good point in saying pulling out early would just make the war all that much more meaningless...

reality bites... but who\'s fault is that? sometimes you work your ass off for a ******** boss and still get fired...

Kodanshi 04-17-2007 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
What good is all their hard work and all that if they are just going to give up and retreat before they\'re done? They raise a good point in saying pulling out early would just make the war all that much more meaningless...

Yes! Absolutely well–said.

Most of the time you only hear about the statistics — this many people killed, ‘American/British troops’, etc. Always good to get down to the individual and experience the whole situation from their point of view. As such that blog post makes great reading, and very moving.

WouldLuv2FightU 04-17-2007 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pt447
reality bites... but who\'s fault is that? sometimes you work your ass off for a ******** boss and still get fired...

True dat, I think for some it\'s a bit different though. Risking your life 24 hours a day for 20k a year is kinda understandable IMO. Most people who get fired just give up some hard work, these guys are cheating death every minute of every day. I think it\'s a bit different.

pt447 04-17-2007 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
True dat, I think for some it\'s a bit different though. Risking your life 24 hours a day for 20k a year is kinda understandable IMO. Most people who get fired just give up some hard work, these guys are cheating death every minute of every day. I think it\'s a bit different.

yes, but it\'s not like they chose to be there and want to finish the job they started. they were called up to go fight a war provenly based on lies, deception and religious totalitarianism... they are pawns in Bush\'s game, and from his own mouth he\'s said how the war is about oil and "stopping evil"... if they don\'t see that, that\'s their fault. but it is good to know that some of our brave soldiers aren\'t mindless drones.

at some point, shit\'s gotta stop. what, are we supposed to stay there forever, or just until the oil runs out?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2