Rousey on Fallon Fox: "She can try hormones, chop her pecker off, but it's still the - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 12:43 PM Thread Starter
Number 1 Nerf-Herder
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,506
                     
Rousey on Fallon Fox: "She can try hormones, chop her pecker off, but it's still the

same bone structure a man has.


Quote:
Ronda Rousey is backing Matt Mitrione and says she is glad the UFC did not cut him for comments he made regarding transgender fighter Fallon Fox on Monday.

Mitrione labelled Fox a “disgusting sociopathic freak” for wanting to fight women after undergoing gender realignment from female to male. He holds that hormone therapy is not enough to reduce the advantage that Fox has gained from being born male and living more than twenty years in that gender.

His comments earned him a suspension from the UFC thanks to their vulgar nature and the fact that some media outlets spun them as if he had been addressing transgender persons as a whole. But the comments were specifically aimed at Fox and Rousey tells the New York Post that she broadly agrees with him.

Quote:
"She can try hormones, chop her pecker off, but it's still the same bone structure a man has. It's an advantage. I don't think it's fair,” she said. “I understand the UFC doesn't want to be associated with views like [Mitrione's]. I'm also glad they didn't straight cut him.

“[Realignment] not something that happened to her. It was a decision she made. She should be aware in her career after that, it's going to be an arduous path. I don't know why she's surprised by that. It's going to draw a lot of emotions.”

Also, Rousey doesn't like Avril Lavigne because Lavigne used to wear the same shirts as her. Obviously.


http://www.fightersonlymag.com/conte...n-fox-position




Watch The Trews! True news! Subscribe here!!


https://m.youtube.com/user/russellbrand
Dr Gonzo is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 12:45 PM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,091
Blog Entries: 1
                     
good girl rousey


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #3 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 12:47 PM Thread Starter
Number 1 Nerf-Herder
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,506
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
good girl rousey
My sentiments too.




Watch The Trews! True news! Subscribe here!!


https://m.youtube.com/user/russellbrand
Dr Gonzo is offline  
post #4 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 12:50 PM
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
                     
Wait, she read a lot and has an informed opinion, yet doesn't acknowledge any body changes that arise from HRT or SRS. Seems pretty informed to me.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline  
post #5 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 01:03 PM
Asian MMA is dead
 
Stun Gun's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 4,814
                     
And here we go again



Sig Credit - El Bresko
Stun Gun is offline  
post #6 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 01:06 PM Thread Starter
Number 1 Nerf-Herder
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,506
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stun Gun View Post
And here we go again
Yeah lets keep this civilised. Try to keep discussion on Rousys opinions. If we can.




Watch The Trews! True news! Subscribe here!!


https://m.youtube.com/user/russellbrand
Dr Gonzo is offline  
post #7 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 01:07 PM
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stun Gun View Post
And here we go again
It's hardly worth it anymore, I really don't understand why all these UFC level fighters feel the need to comment on this regional can crusher. Yeah, she's 2-0 as a pro, but the combined record of her pro opponents is 0-5. Fallon, whether you believe she should be fighting in WMMA or not, will never fight for the UFC. Yes, it is a pertinent issue in the MMA world, but all these top level fighters giving their opinion like it's important that they do is foolish.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline  
post #8 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 01:16 PM Thread Starter
Number 1 Nerf-Herder
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,506
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
It's hardly worth it anymore, I really don't understand why all these UFC level fighters feel the need to comment on this regional can crusher. Yeah, she's 2-0 as a pro, but the combined record of her pro opponents is 0-5. Fallon, whether you believe she should be fighting in WMMA or not, will never fight for the UFC. Yes, it is a pertinent issue in the MMA world, but all these top level fighters giving their opinion like it's important that they do is foolish.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App
The reason all these UFC level fighters feel the need to comment, in my opinion, is, as you say, because its a pertinent issue. I don't believe that the fighters who have commented believe their comments are so important. They're just commenting on what is the most talked about subject in MMA at the moment.




Watch The Trews! True news! Subscribe here!!


https://m.youtube.com/user/russellbrand
Dr Gonzo is offline  
post #9 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 01:19 PM
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyson Fury View Post
The reason all these UFC level fighters feel the need to comment, in my opinion, is, as you say, because its a pertinent issue. I don't believe that the fighters who have commented believe their comments are so important. They're just commenting on what is the most talked about subject in MMA at the moment.
I guess the main reason I'm so irked by all of this is that no one looks at the caliber of opponent she was facing as a factor of her success. They all form opinions centralizing around her sexual identification.

The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline  
post #10 of 120 (permalink) Old 04-11-2013, 01:31 PM Thread Starter
Number 1 Nerf-Herder
 
Dr Gonzo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 2,506
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
I guess the main reason I'm so irked by all of this is that no one looks at the caliber of opponent she was facing as a factor of her success. They all form opinions centralizing around her sexual identification.
I see. I think the problem is that people don't care about the calibre of opponent. I think people care about the fact she was a man, now is a female and is fighting females. For me, I just could never imagine hitting a woman, no matter what operations I've had. It just doesn't seem right to some people. And I think thats what Cain/Rousy/Rogan/Mitrione have a problem with. Calibre of opponent is inconsequential. In reality, its a woman with the genetic makeup if a man beating up other women.

That being said, people don't seem to have a problem with Christine Santos!




Watch The Trews! True news! Subscribe here!!


https://m.youtube.com/user/russellbrand
Dr Gonzo is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome