Q&A With MMAF's Own Transgender Woman, Cowgirl - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 09:37 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,157
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Bresko View Post
the most sickening thing about it is the comedians actually apologised.

Cowgirl, you can't take everything they say so seriously, it's comedy.
Apparently comedy has to always be nice and cuddly like gabriel isglesius or dane cook or shucky ducky or ralphie may those mediocre guys.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 09:44 AM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
Apparently comedy has to always be nice and cuddly like gabriel isglesius or dane cook or shucky ducky or ralphie may those mediocre guys.
When it comes to comedy, your list is pretty damn awesome.
OU is offline  
post #53 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 09:45 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,157
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
When it comes to comedy, your list is pretty damn awesome.
thank you frand, a lot of people have told me that but I can't fit chris rock and seinfeld and a few others on their too


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #54 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 09:47 AM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
thank you frand, a lot of people have told me that but I can't fit chris rock and seinfeld and a few others on their too
Well you list isn't perfect, but it's pretty damn great. How do you feel about Jim Jeffries? Nick Kroll?

P.S. Old Eddie Murphy is king. Bernie Mac was also genius.
OU is offline  
post #55 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 09:51 AM
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,732
                     
Imo there isn't a single subject a comedian should shy away from. Anything can be made fun of. If they can make a serious subject funny by being clever with it, all the power to them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3






“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline  
post #56 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 09:53 AM Thread Starter
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by K R Y View Post
Imo there isn't a single subject a comedian should shy away from. Anything can be made fun of. If they can make a serious subject funny by being clever with it, all the power to them.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
I agree, if they can be clever about it. I definitely enjoy some edgier comedians, I just fail to see how saying you would stab your son if he was gay, is clever.

The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline  
post #57 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 09:54 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,157
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
Well you list isn't perfect, but it's pretty damn great. How do you feel about Jim Jeffries? Nick Kroll?

P.S. Old Eddie Murphy is king. Bernie Mac was also genius.
KRY is dead on the money, Murphy was good until he pretty much sold out for dogshite comedy movies, jeffries is a funny ****er but he speaks pretty much like half the people in this country anyways and never heard of nick krolls stuff.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #58 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 10:02 AM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
KRY is dead on the money, Murphy was good until he pretty much sold out for dogshite comedy movies, jeffries is a funny ****er but he speaks pretty much like half the people in this country anyways and never heard of nick krolls stuff.
He is an actor on a show called The League that is hilarios. But he had a standup special on comedy central before that. Now he has his own show on comedy central. He isn't great, but not too bad.

What about Mitch Hedberg? Another great comedian that died too young. I loved his stuff, loved his style of comedy.
OU is offline  
post #59 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 10:03 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,157
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Mitch was good, greg giraldo was also good and he's dead too. The patrice death greatly hurt me the most out of anyone he was special not just in standup but everytime I heard him on opie and anthony


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #60 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 10:06 AM
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,732
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
I agree, if they can be clever about it. I definitely enjoy some edgier comedians, I just fail to see how saying you would stab your son if he was gay, is clever.
Can't comment on that as I haven't seen it. It's all about delivery for me. I will say just seeing it written like that it's not exactly inlaid with wit.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3






“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome