Q&A With MMAF's Own Transgender Woman, Cowgirl - Page 7 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 11:11 AM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
Mitch was good, greg giraldo was also good and he's dead too. The patrice death greatly hurt me the most out of anyone he was special not just in standup but everytime I heard him on opie and anthony
Yeah Patrice was something special. Not just as a comic.
OU is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 11:15 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,077
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by K R Y View Post
Can't comment on that as I haven't seen it. It's all about delivery for me. I will say just seeing it written like that it's not exactly inlaid with wit.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
His delivery and timing was classic tracy morgan good, of course no one ever also sees the context of something and instead reads it like a quote that has no comedic effect,mood,timing or delivery in it. Also wit and being clever is only a part of being a great comic, sometimes goofy and extreme things work well and often do in comedy clubs and specials. If you don't find those funny I have no hope for you. Also old chappelle is also on my list of great comics



Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #63 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 03:55 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,848
                     
Not going to comment on Morgan's remarks that people choose to be gay. I could care less. Have sex with whatever gender you want. I don't care how your preferences developed.

OWNS,
While I agree with your main point that political correctness is useless bullshit most of the time, I find no humor in Morgan saying he would stab his son if he turned out to be gay. That's just ridiculous and horrifying.

I agree that people need to be able to laugh at themselves though. So many racial and social minorities get so offended at the slightest joke. I'm what you might call a mutt. Half white half hispanic/latina/Honduran. My co-workers, and even my own husband and friends jokingly call me a "half-spick" all the time. Even my hispanic friends and family do the same. For my birthday, my brother made me a burrito with half of it grilled. It's all fun to me.

Cowgirl,
While you defined yourself as male, did you ever have a girlfriend?
TanyaJade is offline  
post #64 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 04:04 PM Thread Starter
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
Not going to comment on Morgan's remarks that people choose to be gay. I could care less. Have sex with whatever gender you want. I don't care how your preferences developed.

OWNS,
While I agree with your main point that political correctness is useless bullshit most of the time, I find no humor in Morgan saying he would stab his son if he turned out to be gay. That's just ridiculous and horrifying.

I agree that people need to be able to laugh at themselves though. So many racial and social minorities get so offended at the slightest joke. I'm what you might call a mutt. Half white half hispanic/latina/Honduran. My co-workers, and even my own husband and friends jokingly call me a "half-spick" all the time. Even my hispanic friends and family do the same. For my birthday, my brother made me a burrito with half of it grilled. It's all fun to me.

Cowgirl,
While you defined yourself as male, did you ever have a girlfriend?
I did, I had two over the course of my male identity.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline  
post #65 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 04:18 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Idaho
Posts: 2,848
                     
And I take it these relationships were consummated?
Were these experiences also part of what led to to you wanting to become a woman?
TanyaJade is offline  
post #66 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 04:29 PM Thread Starter
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ari View Post
And I take it these relationships were consummated?
Were these experiences also part of what led to to you wanting to become a woman?
It certainly helped reinforce that I felt out of place.

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline  
post #67 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 06:48 PM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,913
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cowgirl View Post
Yes, Michael's tirade was directed at a heckler, however, the comparison I was making here was this line, "if my son was gay, I'd pull out a knife and stab him."

That is hate speech, it is admitting he would commit a hate crime. Anyways, let's not derail this thread anymore as I don't wish to see it closed, feel free to shoot me a PM about this though if you want to keep discussing it.
And for those that think there's nothing wrong with it, imagine the backlash if a white comedian said that if his daughter turned out to be "ni**erlover", he'd stab them. But swap in a child who even "acts gay" (whatever that means), and the knifing joke is just good clean fun.

Obviously comedians say stuff they don't really mean for the sake of humor all the time, and as such standup acts should be taken with a grain of salt. But having seen what he said, I think it was fairly fuzzy regarding whether he really felt that way or not, it didn't all seem like it was just for the sake of the joke.

Assuming his apology was genuine I think issuing it was important. I don't want the homophobes among his fans taking his comments as tacit acceptance and approval of their own bigoted attitudes.

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is online now  
post #68 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 08:26 PM
Featherweight
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Western Massachusetts, New England, United States of America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System
Posts: 1,000
                     
let me get caught up:

Louis CK, Rich Vos and Christopher Titus always cross that line and do so amazingly.

GLADD and many LBG associations often have an issue with taking up the cause for the T because it does not fall in the same range; i hang out a lot with friends who go to Smith & Mount Holyoke College up here and it's bizarre how the queer camaraderie seems to only face talk about trans... i thought we, tolerant intelligent people, were all on the same team.

i was proven wrong when someone told me there was no "T" in Queer.

.
.
.

Carley Simon, thanks for writing that song about me!
Jesy Blue is offline  
post #69 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 08:45 PM Thread Starter
The Chosen One
 
Cookie Monster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Canada's East Coast
Posts: 1,487
Blog Entries: 5
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesy Blue View Post
let me get caught up:

Louis CK, Rich Vos and Christopher Titus always cross that line and do so amazingly.

GLADD and many LBG associations often have an issue with taking up the cause for the T because it does not fall in the same range; i hang out a lot with friends who go to Smith & Mount Holyoke College up here and it's bizarre how the queer camaraderie seems to only face talk about trans... i thought we, tolerant intelligent people, were all on the same team.

i was proven wrong when someone told me there was no "T" in Queer.
That's a very interesting perspective, one that I don't share from my experiences, what city is that?

Sent from Verticalsports.com App

The poster formerly known as Cowgirl


Thanks to Killz for the great sig!

Cookie Monster is offline  
post #70 of 77 (permalink) Old 04-30-2013, 11:02 PM
Featherweight
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Western Massachusetts, New England, United States of America, Western Hemisphere, Earth, Sol System
Posts: 1,000
                     
not just a city... seen it in in random locations in the northeast, tennesee, florida, upstate ny, north carolina.

and it's not a locational thing; it's individual groups. there are 2 different organizations at Mount Holyoke College, True Colors (the "american" LGB support group) and La Familia (the international student LBGT support group); notice the lack of T in one and not the other? on the same campus even.



.
.
.

Carley Simon, thanks for writing that song about me!
Jesy Blue is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome