To all non-Canadians... - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply

Old 04-24-2007, 01:21 PM   #21 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Hughesfan2791's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: England
Posts: 385
Hughesfan2791 is an unknown quantity at this pointHughesfan2791 is an unknown quantity at this point
I live in Uk. Why is there a thing between US and Canada?
I just see you as two different countries really. I prfer US though, know a lil more about it.
Hughesfan2791 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-24-2007, 01:25 PM   #22 (permalink)
Smoke of Dope
 
dopesmoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 515
dopesmoker has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb2140
I was half joking.

because everytime I've visited canada, the people were very friendly, and on here they are not to friendly twords Americans.

the truth is that it is just a few posters on here that make you guys look bad with some of the nasty posts
alot of the time, the Canadian flamers arent wrong, so if your gonna hate Canadians for posting facts about the current war, well then your just as ignorant as you claim the people to be.
dopesmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:47 PM   #23 (permalink)
canadian champ
 
moldy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Sask, Canada
Posts: 1,523
moldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nicemoldy is just really nice
He has a big sign on his house that says free the herb free the poeple i should get a pick for you. Look it up Maniou Beach. I cant remeber which magazine that article was in but its true.
moldy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 01:55 PM   #24 (permalink)
Smoke of Dope
 
dopesmoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 515
dopesmoker has a little shameless behaviour in the past
you mean manitou beach?
dopesmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 02:09 PM   #25 (permalink)
Forum OG
 
Robb2140's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 3,061
Robb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopesmoker
alot of the time, the Canadian flamers arent wrong, so if your gonna hate Canadians for posting facts about the current war, well then your just as ignorant as you claim the people to be.

alot of the time they are wrong and are not posting facts but posting oppinion that is based on emotion.

not all Americans are for the war. i am against going into iraq since day 1. i do support are troops.

And I am far from ignorant, last i checked Canada had troops over there too.

Our govt says jump and yours says how high.

Last edited by Robb2140 : 04-24-2007 at 02:13 PM.
Robb2140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Light Heavy Champ
 
baz00ca's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Canada
Posts: 819
baz00ca is an unknown quantity at this pointbaz00ca is an unknown quantity at this pointbaz00ca is an unknown quantity at this point
Quote:
Originally Posted by robb2140
alot of the time they are wrong and are not posting facts but posting oppinion that is based on emotion.

not all Americans are for the war. i am against going into iraq since day 1. i do support are troops.

And I am far from ignorant, last i checked Canada had troops over there too.

Our govt says jump and yours says how high.
now i don't want to get into a big argument over this, but is this based on fact or emotion? because as i remember it we weren't willing to send any troops to Iraq until Harper got in. we do have a bunch of troops in Afghanistan though.


Anyway a simple observation i have made throughout this. somehow every thread discussing a country turns into an us vs them thread. I know Canada gets the worst of the backlash for having an inferiority complex but i feel that all countries have people like this. Theres being a patriot and then there being unable to accept a bit of constructive criticism towards ones country(also a sign of an inferiority complex IMO), 2 different things but one can be disguised as the other.

Patriotism: * To show love, support, and sacrifice for one's country.

now if someone really loves ones country wouldn't they want to make it the best place they possible can? to do this sometimes we need someone looking in from the outside to see what we have missed. No country is the best, no country is the worst, all have there own positives and negatives. But by working together i truly believe that we can help every country become a great place to live. In conclusion we all need to learn how to accept criticisms without getting defensive, alot of times there is something to it. just as we would use it to grow as people, we should use it to grow as countries.
__________________
"When I lose, I get my butt kicked. When I win, I be doin' the butt kickin..." - Quinton Jackson
baz00ca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:21 PM   #27 (permalink)
Featherweight
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,221
xbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level nowxbrokenshieldx is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by baz00ca
now i don't want to get into a big argument over this, but is this based on fact or emotion? because as i remember it we weren't willing to send any troops to Iraq until Harper got in. we do have a bunch of troops in Afghanistan though.


Anyway a simple observation i have made throughout this. somehow every thread discussing a country turns into an us vs them thread. I know Canada gets the worst of the backlash for having an inferiority complex but i feel that all countries have people like this. Theres being a patriot and then there being unable to accept a bit of constructive criticism towards ones country(also a sign of an inferiority complex IMO), 2 different things but one can be disguised as the other.

Patriotism: * To show love, support, and sacrifice for one's country.

now if someone really loves ones country wouldn't they want to make it the best place they possible can? to do this sometimes we need someone looking in from the outside to see what we have missed. No country is the best, no country is the worst, all have there own positives and negatives. But by working together i truly believe that we can help every country become a great place to live. In conclusion we all need to learn how to accept criticisms without getting defensive, alot of times there is something to it. just as we would use it to grow as people, we should use it to grow as countries.
good post..

canada has some great things about their country.. US has some great things about their country. and both have some problems. unfortunately for our country (The US), our main problem is running our country
xbrokenshieldx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 03:30 PM   #28 (permalink)
Forum OG
 
Robb2140's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: New York
Posts: 3,061
Robb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of KnowledgeRobb2140 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
Quote:
Originally Posted by baz00ca
now i don't want to get into a big argument over this, but is this based on fact or emotion? because as i remember it we weren't willing to send any troops to Iraq until Harper got in. we do have a bunch of troops in Afghanistan though.


Anyway a simple observation i have made throughout this. somehow every thread discussing a country turns into an us vs them thread. I know Canada gets the worst of the backlash for having an inferiority complex but i feel that all countries have people like this. Theres being a patriot and then there being unable to accept a bit of constructive criticism towards ones country(also a sign of an inferiority complex IMO), 2 different things but one can be disguised as the other.

Patriotism: * To show love, support, and sacrifice for one's country.

now if someone really loves ones country wouldn't they want to make it the best place they possible can? to do this sometimes we need someone looking in from the outside to see what we have missed. No country is the best, no country is the worst, all have there own positives and negatives. But by working together i truly believe that we can help every country become a great place to live. In conclusion we all need to learn how to accept criticisms without getting defensive, alot of times there is something to it. just as we would use it to grow as people, we should use it to grow as countries.

totally agree repped
Robb2140 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 42
StillLuv2FightU has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by dopesmoker
alot of the time, the Canadian flamers arent wrong, so if your gonna hate Canadians for posting facts about the current war, well then your just as ignorant as you claim the people to be.
No, they are usually wrong. I still have yet to see you debate about true facts lol. Everytime I see you spout off about how much you hate America you get like 10 replies telling you to do some research because 90% of what you said was either complete BS or ill-informed rhetoric from the early 90s.

Last edited by StillLuv2FightU : 04-24-2007 at 05:14 PM.
StillLuv2FightU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2007, 05:18 PM   #30 (permalink)
Smoke of Dope
 
dopesmoker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 515
dopesmoker has a little shameless behaviour in the past
I was yet to be proved wrong, If you want resources stating how piss poor americas education system is, just google it, thousands of results

as for how america lost to vietnam, they did didnt they?

as for Canada beating america in 1812, we did take over two forts, captured two generals while america did litterally nothing, was I wrong? I dont think so

its just ignorant americans trying to defend against facts, dont bother me, just adds to my argument that the average americans are stupid.

edit : im right until proved wrong, if by saying "Lol retard, go get information" is proving me wrong, well like i said, it just adds to my argument that the average american is stupid
dopesmoker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios