The MMAF Thread for Advice on your Love Life - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #41 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 01:41 PM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,356
Blog Entries: 1
                     
She told me it was because you kept calling her John and making her wear a top hat and bow tie.

She also said she lost a bit of respect for you when she saw you hadn't been posting much on MMAF these last few months.
Killz is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 01:48 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 10,071
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawndo View Post
Okay soooooo;

Met a nice girl I really like on a night out. Says she doesn't put out on the first night (which after having a tart of a cheating ex I really respect) but go back to hers for after drinks post night club. Everyone leaves leaving us two alone (the phenomenal wingmen that are my friends actually just picked up the girls and firemen carried them out of the flat. She says she really likes me and likes that I'm nice to her as she's been treated badly before. We kiss for ages. Go to bed, don't have sex but get up to other stuff. Spend all next day together. Now she doesn't seem interested at all.

I think it's cause I work away but no real idea, thoughts?
Alcohol, heat of the moment mixed with emotional wreck that freely admits she's been treated like shit the first time you meet her? In my experience bad sign.

Or its possible it's just her being nervous. I was turned down for a date, but she was okay with us "hanging out" just the two of us, going to dinner etc going back to her place, but it wasn't a date. After that we went on dates. A lot of younger women(under 25) have a tendency to freak themselves out and instead of just facing it, they just cancel all together.

I've found changing the settings label helps, even if the setting doesn't. If she doesn't want to go out, ask her if she just wants to get together, do the same thing you planned on but it makes her more relaxed because it feels casual.

Also how long has it been? You're not panicking because she hasn't replied to a text the day after right? More specifics on why she seems uninterested could help.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is online now  
post #43 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 02:41 PM
Sleepy
 
Hawndo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Dundee, Scotland
Posts: 2,153
                     
I did text her the next day but the conversation was just chatty and if I tried to say something slightly flirty (nothing OTT or creepy) she just glossed over it or ignored it then just stopped texting. SO a week later I just text asking how she was getting on/up to etc and she seemed dead happy to hear from me but it ended the same chit chat stuff before a random end to the conversation and that was it. This was Sunday. I wouldn't have even attempted to hit on her that night if it wasn't for her best friend telling me she liked me and I should flirt (can never tell if a girl is interested or not so hardly ever bother).

She actually mentioned the next day "sucks you are away again, when would I get to see you?". But one of my best friends who is a girl reckons she does actually like me. confused.com


Thanks to Leakler for the sig
Hawndo is offline  
post #44 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 03:29 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 10,071
                     
Sounds like she does. She's probably getting busy/bored with the conversation. Skip the flirty garbage, she's already in and just ask her to go out. Like relatively quickly. Text get the usual heys out of the way what she's doing and ask her if she wants to go to dinner or a concert or whatever. Just have a plan, ask her, if she says yes say great and end the conversation. If she says no say well maybe another time and move along. If she says the day doesn't work suggest another day that she is available. But just get the details and time and then goodbye see you then, have your conversations on the date(where all the flirty things come in) not on the phone. Because it sounds like she's literally bored with texting you and wants to actually see you.


Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is online now  
post #45 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 04:19 PM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,126
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
She told me it was because you kept calling her John and making her wear a top hat and bow tie.

She also said she lost a bit of respect for you when she saw you hadn't been posting much on MMAF these last few months.
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawndo View Post
Okay soooooo;

Met a nice girl I really like on a night out. Says she doesn't put out on the first night (which after having a tart of a cheating ex I really respect) but go back to hers for after drinks post night club. Everyone leaves leaving us two alone (the phenomenal wingmen that are my friends actually just picked up the girls and firemen carried them out of the flat. She says she really likes me and likes that I'm nice to her as she's been treated badly before. We kiss for ages. Go to bed, don't have sex but get up to other stuff. Spend all next day together. Now she doesn't seem interested at all.

I think it's cause I work away but no real idea, thoughts?
Jokes aside. Girls are an interesting breed. I deal with em all the time more on a work basis. I seem to have better platonic relations with them more than anything. It's very difficult to decipher what they're thinking or feeling.

Let me tell you a story a really abbreviated version. One time this girl who totally digged me meets up for dinner she sits next to me...chit chat...laugh...have good time...blah...blah...then at the end of the night she leaves with her friends without saying good bye. I'm like wtf! Did I just get blown off. I was about to write it off right then and there. Then I decided to call up a friend who gave me the inside tip that she really did like me. So I called her up that same night and said what's up? One thing led to another and I was in bed with her and we dated for awhile. Best sexy time while it lasted.

Another time got a girl who would always call me to hang out. As soon as we hooked up...wham bam thank you man. Yes I became the booty call. I've never quite recovered. In fact I plan on going to therapy.

So my advice just go for it. Take her down, get in her guard, then bypass it. If you find yourself stuck in the guard then her force is strong and you're better off watching a Farrah Abrahams vid.

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.


Last edited by No_Mercy; 08-01-2013 at 04:21 PM.
No_Mercy is offline  
post #46 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 04:31 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 10,071
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
Jokes aside. Girls are an interesting breed. I deal with em all the time more on a work basis. I seem to have better platonic relations with them more than anything. It's very difficult to decipher what they're thinking or feeling.

Let me tell you a story a really abbreviated version. One time this girl who totally digged me meets up for dinner she sits next to me...chit chat...laugh...have good time...blah...blah...then at the end of the night she leaves with her friends without saying good bye. I'm like wtf! Did I just get blown off. I was about to write it off right then and there. Then I decided to call up a friend who gave me the inside tip that she really did like me. So I called her up that same night and said what's up? One thing led to another and I was in bed with her and we dated for awhile. Best sexy time while it lasted.

Another time got a girl who would always call me to hang out. As soon as we hooked up...wham bam thank you man. Yes I became the booty call. I've never quite recovered. In fact I plan on going to therapy.

So my advice just go for it. Take her down, get in her guard, then bypass it. If you find yourself stuck in the guard then her force is strong and you're better off watching a Farrah Abrahams vid.
I've never been a booty call to my knowledge I've had a few fwbs which I guess really amounts to booty call most of the time.

Related to the first story. I went out with a girl once literally spent all day having a great time, we met some of her friends as was the initial plan, we ditched them to be by ourselves had a blast. Got back to her place and she literally just went "see ya" and went inside. She text me like four hours later and is like hey we need to get together again soon. And was super suggestive and outright told me she fell asleep after she went inside and had "a dream" about me and a bunch of shit. Next time we go out she friend zoned the **** out of me as in like wouldn't sit by me at the bar. When I started just talking to another girl she flipped out and left told me I didn't like her.....******* women.

So glad I put that chapter of my life to bed.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is online now  
post #47 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-01-2013, 04:35 PM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,126
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
I've never been a booty call to my knowledge I've had a few fwbs which I guess really amounts to booty call most of the time.

Related to the first story. I went out with a girl once literally spent all day having a great time, we met some of her friends as was the initial plan, we ditched them to be by ourselves had a blast. Got back to her place and she literally just went "see ya" and went inside. She text me like four hours later and is like hey we need to get together again soon. And was super suggestive and outright told me she fell asleep after she went inside and had "a dream" about me and a bunch of shit. Next time we go out she friend zoned the **** out of me as in like wouldn't sit by me at the bar. When I started just talking to another girl she flipped out and left told me I didn't like her.....******* women.

So glad I put that chapter of my life to bed.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Oh...there's a good line I just read. Goes something like this.

"I swear most woman don't fart. They keep it bottled inside them and it comes out as drama." hahaah.

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
post #48 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 01:33 AM Thread Starter
Cupcake: Team Tate
 
LizaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 10,281
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Hawndo it sounds like whatever bad experience she's had in the past with her exes may make her put the emotional brakers on when things get too heated (in spite of a night of "doing other stuff"). I think she's confused, wary and maybe a bit nervous of getting too close to someone she could actually really like.

I say keep the lines on contact open. It's never gonna hurt and you never know, she may come round soon enough also encouraging that a female friend of yours thinks she could be intyo you, the female perspective is always helpful (as I hope this post is).

Or ask her out like Ez suggested, put the cards on the table.
LizaG is offline  
post #49 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 04:57 AM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,126
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugar-Free_LizaG View Post
Hawndo it sounds like whatever bad experience she's had in the past with her exes may make her put the emotional brakers on when things get too heated (in spite of a night of "doing other stuff"). I think she's confused, wary and maybe a bit nervous of getting too close to someone she could actually really like.

I say keep the lines on contact open. It's never gonna hurt and you never know, she may come round soon enough also encouraging that a female friend of yours thinks she could be intyo you, the female perspective is always helpful (as I hope this post is).

Or ask her out like Ez suggested, put the cards on the table.
See this is why we have Suga Free on here. Gives us a perspective from the ladies point of view. I mean through experience we may have a "better idea" on their thought process, but we'll never know completely the way another woman does.

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
post #50 of 86 (permalink) Old 08-02-2013, 05:03 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,356
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Women are weird.
Killz is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome