Computer pop ups - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-09-2006, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Hero Of The Day
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,177
 
Computer pop ups

On the below of the forum does that annoy anyone how you here that clicking sound and its a stupid pop up where you have to take out papparazzi or something. And also that other one with the emoticons saying "wah wah" in the most annoying voice over and over. Can someone take these out. Really annoying. Thanks lol.
Rush is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 12:08 AM
Beenofalus FTW
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Omaha, NE
Posts: 628
     
Yes this is EXTREMELY annoying! Please get it fixed asap if possible!
Beeno is offline  
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 12:47 AM
This is SPARTA!
 
Kameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 5,495
Blog Entries: 4
                     
The site needs those ads, there not pop-ups. I think they help keep the site running and keep it free, if I'm not mistaking. Just turn the volume off.


Kameleon is offline  
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 02:28 AM Thread Starter
Hero Of The Day
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,177
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameleon
The site needs those ads, there not pop-ups. I think they help keep the site running and keep it free, if I'm not mistaking. Just turn the volume off.
Well what if your listening to music or viewing a link such as spoilers to upcoming fights and MMA videos. Those ads don't keep the site running. If you want ads make them MMA ads not some crap like emoticons and papparazzi. Thanks.
Rush is offline  
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 10:50 AM
Amatuer
 
Witchy Woman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 136
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush
Well what if your listening to music or viewing a link such as spoilers to upcoming fights and MMA videos. Those ads don't keep the site running. If you want ads make them MMA ads not some crap like emoticons and papparazzi. Thanks.
Invest in some decent security software that comes with an 'Ad Blocker' and 'Popup Blocker' in the program and that should take care of the annoying ads. Though, sometimes it can mess with viewing a certain web page, all depends on how everything is coded. It's worth a shot though if you're that annoyed with it. I used to get the stupid bug zapper one all the time with a constant bzzz'ing really loud. I just 'killed' the bug, it opened a pop up, I just closed the pop up and the damn thing shut up. There are ways around them, just use one.


Póg mo thóin.
Witchy Woman is offline  
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 03:42 PM Thread Starter
Hero Of The Day
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Vancouver, Canada
Posts: 1,177
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchy Woman
Invest in some decent security software that comes with an 'Ad Blocker' and 'Popup Blocker' in the program and that should take care of the annoying ads. Though, sometimes it can mess with viewing a certain web page, all depends on how everything is coded. It's worth a shot though if you're that annoyed with it. I used to get the stupid bug zapper one all the time with a constant bzzz'ing really loud. I just 'killed' the bug, it opened a pop up, I just closed the pop up and the damn thing shut up. There are ways around them, just use one.
Well its sort of not a pop up but rather something below the layout of this site you notice something saying "emoticon" and it always talks. I have a pop up blocker already.
Rush is offline  
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Welterweight
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 2,163
Blog Entries: 4
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush
Well its sort of not a pop up but rather something below the layout of this site you notice something saying "emoticon" and it always talks. I have a pop up blocker already.
yes it is called an add.. free sites usually have them so the hosting company makes money so they can offer free sites.. unless we all want to pay subscriptions to the site... we have to deal with ads

RGDA TN Web Site

My BJJ and MMA Blog

BJJ Board

Use No Way as Way, Have No Limitation as Limitation.
Vincere Vel Mori

Yea I still exist.
The Don is offline  
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Amatuer
 
Witchy Woman's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 136
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Don
yes it is called an add.. free sites usually have them so the hosting company makes money so they can offer free sites.. unless we all want to pay subscriptions to the site... we have to deal with ads
There are security programs that will even block ads on pages too. Ours does that Don I just have that function turned off because it messes with Pogo. There's a difference between popups and ads. Ads are coded directly into a webpage. Popups do just that, pop up in a different window. Get a program with both the ad blocker and popup blocker. I already said that.


Póg mo thóin.
Witchy Woman is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome