MMA fighter leaves one attacker dead, another wounded following home invasion - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply

Old 01-07-2014, 08:20 PM   #11 (permalink)
American Fighter
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 3,836
PheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape City View Post
I'm not trying to be a dick but what does this have to do with guns? If this particular mma fighter had guns perhaps all 4 intruders would be dead. Perhaps if the intruders had guns the entire mma fighters family might be dead. Somehow I don't think the situation would be better no matter what if either side had guns. Guns could easily have escalated this into a far worse tragedy than we had with knives and fists.

I really don't want to hijack the thread.

I'll just leave it at this: I'm not going to 'hope' home invaders aren't armed and grab a knife + rely on my MMA training to protect my family. That's a big gamble.

Also, if the home invaders were killed by an armed home owner, then it would have definitely been better for one side...

As for the picture, the vast majority of those were suicides. The next majority were criminals in the commission of crimes. Guns in the hands of good people are a good thing, not bad.

I'll bow out before this starts to get wild. At the end of the day, you do what you want. I'll happily protect myself and my family to the fullest of my abilities.
__________________


Team PheelGood Fantasy Fight League

Jon Jones / Mark Hunt / Cub Swanson / Dustin Poirier / Darrell Montague
PheelGoodInc is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-07-2014, 09:21 PM   #12 (permalink)
It's a league game, Smokey
 
Ape City's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Planet of the Apes
Posts: 6,797
Ape City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings SystemApe City Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
I really don't want to hijack the thread.

I'll just leave it at this: I'm not going to 'hope' home invaders aren't armed and grab a knife + rely on my MMA training to protect my family. That's a big gamble.

Also, if the home invaders were killed by an armed home owner, then it would have definitely been better for one side...

As for the picture, the vast majority of those were suicides. The next majority were criminals in the commission of crimes. Guns in the hands of good people are a good thing, not bad.

I'll bow out before this starts to get wild. At the end of the day, you do what you want. I'll happily protect myself and my family to the fullest of my abilities.
Totally agree with what you are saying for the most part (and don't worry too much about derailing the thread, it is a fringe mma topic at best). I just think it is better to have a policy that deters people to own guns in general, be it for defensive or illegal purposes. Less guns in circulation and less acceptance makes it more difficult to acquire them illegally.

Personally I can't say I would not do the exact same as you were I in your situation. I just don't think you should be in that situation.
__________________
mad props: Toxic
Ape City is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Resident Drunk
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
MagiK11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 3,533
MagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Don't know much of the details but for someone to go 1-5 as a pro and demolish 4 armed attackers and being a lightweight at that, shows us how bad ass most of these fighters really are.
__________________

1. BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
2. Dan "Hollywood" Henderson
3. George "Rush" St Pierre
MagiK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:30 PM   #14 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,549
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape City View Post
Totally agree with what you are saying for the most part (and don't worry too much about derailing the thread, it is a fringe mma topic at best). I just think it is better to have a policy that deters people to own guns in general, be it for defensive or illegal purposes. Less guns in circulation and less acceptance makes it more difficult to acquire them illegally.

Personally I can't say I would not do the exact same as you were I in your situation. I just don't think you should be in that situation.
This is an argument you cannot win with someone who is pro gun. They will always say criminals will always have guns so I need guns to protect myself. In my experience (and this is not directed at pheel) most pro gun people are at times excessively paranoid. But gun arguments with pro gun Americans are the same as religion arguments though I find it funny most very religious people are a lot of times fanatically pro gun which is a bit weird and a whole different conversation on its own.

But obviously something is up with Americans and their guns the stats don't lie we love to shoot things and people A LOT. So I'm not a ban all guns but imho obviously something needs to be changed or refined in some way because we've got something wrong with our system.

To steal from George Carlin it's a great country but a strange culture....they think about banning toy guns but are going to keep the real ones.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 488
JASONJRF is on another level nowJASONJRF is on another level nowJASONJRF is on another level nowJASONJRF is on another level nowJASONJRF is on another level nowJASONJRF is on another level nowJASONJRF is on another level nowJASONJRF is on another level nowJASONJRF is on another level nowJASONJRF is on another level nowJASONJRF is on another level now
Good this is awesome. **** anyone who steals robs and especially home invasion assholes. They all deserve to die. Violent criminals are assholes much different then drug criminals who just do drugs and dont harm or steal from people.

Also all these anti gun people do not understand that having guns does not increase crime. Its actually the opposite. when you take away guns crime goes up. A gun is a tool that is all. Guns don't wake up in the morning and say hmmm what am i gonna do today I think ill go shoot someone. I can't stand anti gun people, they don't understand how it actually works and the fact that having guns is a good thing because the only person who can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun. I own a glock 19, a Ruger 1911, a remington 870 12ga, and a custom built AR 15 I built myself. Guess what if society ever collapses then all the people who are anti gun sure would wish they had one. Guess what when a home invasion happens and you have a family and kids guess what, I bet you wish then you had an AR with 30 round clip.

There is nothing wrong with owning guns, I am in the group that I wouldn't mind it being harder to get guns but not having them is just silly. If someone wants to injure someone they will gun or no gun.

IF you look at all the school shootings and stuff like that almost all of them the shooter was either taking or had been taking anti depressants, and when a school shooting happens everyone starts screaming about gun laws and BS. It's super easy to blame the guns in that case. Instead of doing that which solves nothing people should look at how to deal with people with depression and all the bullshit drugs doctors prescribe and over prescribe to people. They should look at that and fix that ******* problem instead of blaming it on a tool used. But that would be way to hard of a problem to fix and make far too much sense to do so instead they just blame the gun because its much easier instead of actually finding a way to solve the problem.


Bottom line if people come in your house to steal or do harm and they are in your house you should have the right to kill them bottom line. They are scum and should not be there its insane someone could kill a home invader and have charges put on them **** that that is insane.
JASONJRF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:43 PM   #16 (permalink)
American Fighter
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 3,836
PheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
This is an argument you cannot win with someone who is pro gun. They will always say criminals will always have guns so I need guns to protect myself. In my experience (and this is not directed at pheel) most pro gun people are at times excessively paranoid. But gun arguments with pro gun Americans are the same as religion arguments though I find it funny most very religious people are a lot of times fanatically pro gun which is a bit weird and a whole different conversation on its own.

But obviously something is up with Americans and their guns the stats don't lie we love to shoot things and people A LOT. So I'm not a ban all guns but imho obviously something needs to be changed or refined in some way because we've got something wrong with our system.

To steal from George Carlin it's a great country but a strange culture....they think about banning toy guns but are going to keep the real ones.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App


I really enjoyed this response. I'm paranoid as shit and damn proud of it. I go into a restaurant and sit somewhere in the back, preferably near the exit, with my back against the wall so I can see the entrance. Everyone who comes in or walk by I glance at. I look for things like unusual clothing for the weather, types of visible tattoos and placements, amount of groups people come in with... ect.

And I do all of this subconsciously without even realizing it until something unusual stands out to me.

I drive to point A to B and point out (probable) stolen cars next to us to my girlfriend. I take off my seatbelt a block away from my house and anytime I'm in a parking lot.... just in case I'm driving into an ambush (seriously).

I carry a s&w bodyguard .380 in my back right pocket and an extra 6 shot mag in my front left pocket... everywhere.

....


And I love it.


MERICA!

And baby Jesus loved guns. Fact.
__________________


Team PheelGood Fantasy Fight League

Jon Jones / Mark Hunt / Cub Swanson / Dustin Poirier / Darrell Montague
PheelGoodInc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2014, 11:50 PM   #17 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
NotDylan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: US
Posts: 316
NotDylan is on another level nowNotDylan is on another level nowNotDylan is on another level nowNotDylan is on another level nowNotDylan is on another level nowNotDylan is on another level nowNotDylan is on another level nowNotDylan is on another level nowNotDylan is on another level nowNotDylan is on another level nowNotDylan is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
This is an argument you cannot win with someone who is pro gun. They will always say criminals will always have guns so I need guns to protect myself. In my experience (and this is not directed at pheel) most pro gun people are at times excessively paranoid. But gun arguments with pro gun Americans are the same as religion arguments though I find it funny most very religious people are a lot of times fanatically pro gun which is a bit weird and a whole different conversation on its own.

But obviously something is up with Americans and their guns the stats don't lie we love to shoot things and people A LOT. So I'm not a ban all guns but imho obviously something needs to be changed or refined in some way because we've got something wrong with our system.

To steal from George Carlin it's a great country but a strange culture....they think about banning toy guns but are going to keep the real ones.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
If 4 unarmed people entered my home with the intent to harm me and I only had my hands or perhaps a bat to defend myself, I'd be hosed. Luckily, I'm allowed to shoot them

And I'm not going to argue that if there were no more guns there would be no more shootings. However there will still be bad guys preying on the weak, there would still be home invasions (just like the one we are talking about), and I'd be screwed if it happened to me. We need to get rid of the bad guys.
NotDylan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:00 AM   #18 (permalink)
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 13,581
Blog Entries: 1
UFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings System
Anyone I don't know comes into my home has a deathwish if I have a weapon in the house or an ass kicking if they don't have weapons. Anyone who does that should be beaten to death instead of just being let go or only having a couple of years in the cell
__________________

Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:10 AM   #19 (permalink)
Resident Drunk
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
 
MagiK11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Ottawa, ON
Posts: 3,533
MagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemMagiK11 Is Beyond A Rankings System
This thread is officially derailed

Not judging any of you but I grew up in Haiti, left when I went to college and University to Ottawa Canada, then lived there for 13 years. Recently quit my job in June and moved back. I have guns at my place but never go out with any.

Growing up I never went out with guns either, and my friends who did go out with guns, some of them died and others had near misses. Myself, on two occasions I had a gun pulled on me, and I simply talked my way out of those situations. Had I carried a gun I have a feeling I would have had a coin flip of a chance of either killing the guy or getting killed myself. So from my experience, I prefer not to be out in public with any firearms, and somehow feel safer that way.

To each their own.

But I must say, if someones come on my property, (especially at night) god help them.
__________________

1. BJ "The Prodigy" Penn
2. Dan "Hollywood" Henderson
3. George "Rush" St Pierre
MagiK11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 03:49 AM   #20 (permalink)
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 13,581
Blog Entries: 1
UFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings SystemUFC_OWNS Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiK11 View Post
This thread is officially derailed

Not judging any of you but I grew up in Haiti, left when I went to college and University to Ottawa Canada, then lived there for 13 years. Recently quit my job in June and moved back. I have guns at my place but never go out with any.

Growing up I never went out with guns either, and my friends who did go out with guns, some of them died and others had near misses. Myself, on two occasions I had a gun pulled on me, and I simply talked my way out of those situations. Had I carried a gun I have a feeling I would have had a coin flip of a chance of either killing the guy or getting killed myself. So from my experience, I prefer not to be out in public with any firearms, and somehow feel safer that way.

To each their own.

But I must say, if someones come on my property, (especially at night) god help them.

I think you got really lucky that you talked your way out of those situations, most of the time it doesn't matter what you say. I would have a gun on me only when someone else had a gun pulled out as well and was prepared to fire. All those mass shootings casualities could have been a lot lower if just one other person was packing and could shoot the criminal dead.
__________________

Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios