Building the next great war - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply

Old 06-05-2007, 05:31 PM   #21 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Josh3239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: People's Republic of Kalifornia
Posts: 799
Josh3239 is on a distinguished roadJosh3239 is on a distinguished roadJosh3239 is on a distinguished roadJosh3239 is on a distinguished road
I needed a small break from this forum, but now I am back I think I am about done with this thread though, I gotta stop getting so into this stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
as far as how strong we are... when was the last time America did anything worthwile in the world? something actually, genuenlly good? pick your examples carefully because i'm pretty sure most of the ones you'd think of aren't so.
Well, we tried to stop the genocide in Somalia until we started gtting shot at and Clinton wimped out. We successfully ended the ethnic cleansing with Milosevic. We drove the Iraqi Army out of Kuwait. We kicked the Taliban the hell out of Afghanistan. President Bush ended the North Korean "threat" peacefully.

Regarding Somalia, we all saw Black Hawk Down but there was a much deeper story to that. To make it short we brought food, medicine, and peacekeepers and we got shot at for it so President Clinton put his tail between his legs and ran for it.

To be honest I do not know a lot about Milosevic except that he was committing a long list of crimes against humanity and he isn't now thanks to the US.

Iraqi army illegally invaded Kuwait based on bogus claims. They proceded to what but can be described as plundered Kuwait. We ordered him out, he refused so we forced him out.

The Taliban was ridiculously oppressive. They have been removed and a government has been formed. No doubt the nation is weak, but over time they will strenghten.

The North Korean "threat" is over. Personally, I was not afraid of a nation that couldn't even put electricity in all of their people's homes but many people were. Kim Jong Ill tried to act like a tough guy and give up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg
indeed the idea that we are a christian nation is inaccurate. For a leader to base major decisions on that assumption is dangerous.
I agree that its dangerous but to believe that this isn't a christian nation is ridiculous. From the beginning our country has been Christian (and I am not). How many US Presidents were friendly with the KKK? How many Presidents have we had that are Jewish, Muslim, Atheist, or Mormon?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg
as former head of the FSB (KGB) Putin is far smarter than Bush, I guarantee, surrounded by far smarter people than the Bush cabinet and advisors
Why is that? Because the rest of the world as well as US media wants to make question Bush's intelligience or do you really have an accurate idea of Bush's intelligience. I am not saying he is the smartest person in the world or the smartest President ever, but like I said in the beginning of this thread. People crap on him more than they should and unless you have some proof to back that he is dumber and surrounded by dumb people I am gonna write this off and inaccurate made-up Bush-bashing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg
but the U.S. would be making a grave mistake to f**k with federatsiya russkaya.
The USSR couldn't hang with the US during the days when it was strongest. Today it is a broke, crime ridden nation. It doesn't matter who their PM is at this point, they couldn't do what we are doing now in Afghanistan back when they were a superpower what makes you think they could when they aren't?

Last edited by Josh3239 : 06-05-2007 at 05:35 PM.
Josh3239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-05-2007, 05:36 PM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 1,511
BJJ Boy will become famous soon enoughBJJ Boy will become famous soon enoughBJJ Boy will become famous soon enoughBJJ Boy will become famous soon enoughBJJ Boy will become famous soon enoughBJJ Boy will become famous soon enough
I heard this on the news. Im still not sure whats going on, but i think i get it.
BJJ Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 05:44 PM   #23 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Josh3239's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: People's Republic of Kalifornia
Posts: 799
Josh3239 is on a distinguished roadJosh3239 is on a distinguished roadJosh3239 is on a distinguished roadJosh3239 is on a distinguished road
Putin is throwing a fit because the US wants to put a missle defense shield in Europe.
Josh3239 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 09:01 PM   #24 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
liveson777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,749
liveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg
indeed the idea that we are a christian nation is inaccurate. For a leader to base major decisions on that assumption is dangerous.

as former head of the FSB (KGB) Putin is far smarter than Bush, I guarantee, surrounded by far smarter people than the Bush cabinet and advisors, and he may just be blowing smoke (he is a politician after all) but the U.S. would be making a grave mistake to f**k with federatsiya russkaya.

you say it dangerous if he does base it on his faith i say its dangerous if he dosent base it on his faith...

its all in the interpretation
__________________
My Top 10:
Fedor
Henderson
GSP
Lyoto Machida
Aleks E
Josh Barnett
Big Nog
BJ Penn
Anderson Silva
Cro Cop Musosi and bada hari
liveson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveson777
you say it dangerous if he does base it on his faith i say its dangerous if he dosent base it on his faith...

its all in the interpretation
so its dangerous for someone to base their decisions on reason, observation and testing, and it's ok and good for someone to base their decisions on millenia of supersition, hate, fear and war???

ok
__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:19 PM   #26 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
liveson777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,749
liveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
so its dangerous for someone to base their decisions on reason, observation and testing, and it's ok and good for someone to base their decisions on millenia of supersition, hate, fear and war???

ok
HMMM i dont reacall saying any of that... God did give us common sense and we are supopsed to use it...

but u also go with what you think God is tryn to tell you... ur tryn to genralize my post which is not a good thing cause ur tryn distort me view
__________________
My Top 10:
Fedor
Henderson
GSP
Lyoto Machida
Aleks E
Josh Barnett
Big Nog
BJ Penn
Anderson Silva
Cro Cop Musosi and bada hari
liveson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:20 PM   #27 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh3239
I agree that its dangerous but to believe that this isn't a christian nation is ridiculous. From the beginning our country has been Christian (and I am not). How many US Presidents were friendly with the KKK? How many Presidents have we had that are Jewish, Muslim, Atheist, or Mormon?

perhaps, and indeed. but the Nation is not itself Christian. simply hijaked by Christians.
__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:21 PM   #28 (permalink)
Lightweight
 
liveson777's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,749
liveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really niceliveson777 is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
perhaps, and indeed. but the Nation is not itself Christian. simply hijaked by Christians.
anyway u slice its a christian nation and thats not gonna change so just deal with it

im sry i was tryn to put you down.. i just wish you would change ur views on Christanity and i shouldnt try to provoke you...

but i truly believe God love this nation as well as the rest but he honors us cause we are tryn to do his will


plz dont misconstrue my post and try to gentralize them to try and put us down
__________________
My Top 10:
Fedor
Henderson
GSP
Lyoto Machida
Aleks E
Josh Barnett
Big Nog
BJ Penn
Anderson Silva
Cro Cop Musosi and bada hari

Last edited by liveson777 : 06-05-2007 at 10:26 PM.
liveson777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:25 PM   #29 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by liveson777
HMMM i dont reacall saying any of that... God did give us common sense and we are supopsed to use it...

but u also go with what you think God is tryn to tell you... ur tryn to genralize my post which is not a good thing cause ur tryn distort me view
you're supposed to "go with what you think god is telling you?"

wow, what a horribly innaccurate, irresponsible way to live. if he gave us reason, then we should use reason. that reason shows that basing ethics and decisions on religious doctrine has done nothing but lead to war, hate, fear, and injustice. also, you said that it is dangerous for someone not to use their faith to make decisions in politics, but that faith leads people to beliefs in ignorance, inequality and superiority. you can exlain it away all you want, and do what you can to find some benevolance in religion and religious belief, but this government was founded upon secular democracy... that means, believe what you want, but do not impose personal faith onto broad policy. you can be against abortion--but you have no right to impose your beliefs on everyone. don't like abortions? don't have one. but don't be so arrogant to say you know what's best for everyoen because your little book says so.

the abortion thing was an example, as i don't know your opininions, so don't try and use that as a coutner argument.
__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 10:27 PM   #30 (permalink)
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,167
Blog Entries: 14
swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
Absolutely, it's all in the interpretation. Our president believes in "the rapture" in which the world is destroyed and the second coming of Christ occurs. That leads me to believe that he and his advisors have a skewed perception of foreign policy as it pertains to weapons of mass destruction.

Just because we've never had a non-Christian president does not mean that our nation is exclusively Christian. It means that a significant portion of our voting population is narrow-minded, or suffering from a terrible case of blinkered vision.

The Russian Federation has always been broke and crime-ridden. That is, was, and likely will be the situation there for the foreseeable future. My statement with regard to the superior intelligence of Russian politicians was not based on conjecture. It is a hell of a lot harder to get into university over there, which any high-level administrative position in government or law enforcement would require. Education has always been a top priority there, as much as their limited funds will allow. The state will frequently fund gifted students, just as they do gifted musicians or elite athletes.

I did not suggest that our president was a total idiot. I am embarrassed by how inarticulate he is when he's not reading something that was written for him, though.
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios