Eating meat is immoral - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply

Old 06-26-2014, 05:53 AM   #11 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
ReptilianSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 767
ReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Brainwashed into thinking meat is tasty? Salads are good, veggies are good, but meat is also good. I like eating a variety of foods and I couldn't imagine taking a food type out of my current diet. I have oranges/strawberries that I eat daily along with fish, steak, bacon, and good quality ground beef to grill burgers. It's not brainwashing, it's just the fact that meat tastes great.

I've seen the documentary btw, it hasn't affected my opinion on eating meat whatsoever. I don't really have much to say on the subject, I enjoy eating steak and other types of meat. If I couldn't walk into a store and buy it, I'd hunt it, even if I had a vast array of greens/veggies/what have you to eat.

Also, if aliens ever show up and start gathering us up for food, that would suck. However, that would also be the natural order of things. The universe/everything in it owes us nothing, hell we are lucky to even be alive as it is.
It isn't the natural order of things, it's a choice. You choose to eat animal flesh, nature isn't forcing you to do so. Nature has provided you with fruits and vegetables that grow in the ground which you can eat and live a perfectly health life with. But you choose to eat animal flesh because you like the taste. As long as you like the taste, the suffering and unnecessary death of the animals doesn't matter. That's just selfishness, plain and simple.

Like I said, what if theoretically human flesh tasted even better than any steak you could sink your teeth into? What if human babies were the best kind of flesh to eat and they were packaged in a supermarket? Is this the line you won't cross? Won't eat human flesh, but every other animal is ok? Even if that human flesh tastes better than the other animals? You're saying you eat it because you like the taste and don't care about their unconsented slavery and deaths, so where will you draw the line for taste?

I think you're vastly downplaying the Alien scenario. You and I, and every other human being would be crippled with fear. Seeing these "superior" beings butcher your entire family and then butcher you, just because they like the taste of you? That's bat shit insane, and there's nothing natural about it. Might does not = right.

@Gaz. What?! I think you're in the wrong thread mate. Democracy is a cancer to this earth by the way. Majority vote doesn't = right.
__________________
www.whatonearthishappening.com

Doctors destroy health
Lawyers destroy justice
Psychiatrists destroy minds
Major media destroys Information
Religions destroy spirituality
Governments destroy freedom
ReptilianSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-26-2014, 05:59 AM   #12 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montucky
Posts: 5,139
slapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptilianSlayer View Post
It isn't the natural order of things, it's a choice. You choose to eat animal flesh, nature isn't forcing you to do so. Nature has provided you with fruits and vegetables that grow in the ground which you can eat and live a perfectly health life with. But you choose to eat animal flesh because you like the taste. As long as you like the taste, the suffering and unnecessary death of the animals doesn't matter. That's just selfishness, plain and simple.

Like I said, what if theoretically human flesh tasted even better than any steak you could sink your teeth into? What if human babies were the best kind of flesh to eat and they were packaged in a supermarket? Is this the line you won't cross? Won't eat human flesh, but every other animal is ok? Even if that human flesh tastes better than the other animals? You're saying you eat it because you like the taste and don't care about their unconsented slavery and deaths, so where will you draw the line for taste?

I think you're vastly downplaying the Alien scenario. You and I, and every other human being would be crippled with fear. Seeing these "superior" beings butcher your entire family and then butcher you, just because they like the taste of you? That's bat shit insane, and there's nothing natural about it. Might does not = right.

@Gaz. What?! I think you're in the wrong thread mate. Democracy is a cancer to this earth by the way. Majority vote doesn't = right.
__________________
"I fear no man, but Jim Harrison and Mike Stone are the two last men that I would wish to meet in an alley fight. Jim Harrison's fighting style is not flamboyant or spectacular, it's just simple and deadly!" - Bruce Lee sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
ReptilianSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 767
ReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
Care to add any thing relevant and mature to the discussion like other posters in this thread or are you just going to continue posting immature garbage because your world view is challenged?



They can feel excitement, pleasure and joy just like your pet cat/dog. Would you walk up to that cow and slit it's throat because you fancied a tasty snack as you were passing by? Lets go even further, how about dog/cat meat? Ever tasted their dead flesh? I wonder if it tastes good. Would you go that far? They do it in some countries without batting an eye lid.

I'm sure going up to 10/10 beautiful women and raping them would provide some great sexual pleasure, but I don't do it because it's morally wrong and women don't consent to that kind of suffering, the same way an animal doesn't consent to being brutally slaughtered simply because the taste of it's flesh gives me pleasure.
__________________
www.whatonearthishappening.com

Doctors destroy health
Lawyers destroy justice
Psychiatrists destroy minds
Major media destroys Information
Religions destroy spirituality
Governments destroy freedom
ReptilianSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
Milky Joe
 
gazh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Coconut Shy
Posts: 2,381
gazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By All
RS, I admire your spunk and even agree with some parts of your argument.

But what I can't get away with is your anger, dude, yes the world is fvcked full of bizarre contradictions and shit that seems so obviously wrong it could almost make you get on your knees and ask the bearded guy in the sky why! WHY?

We are simply organic matter, overgrown bacteria, the pain in your heart isn't going to help solve any of the injustices in this world (sad but true) but It will speed up the depletion of your telomeres. All of this shit you say, in this thread and others, the forum in your signature, I was reading that shit 10 years ago, went vege and then vegan in 03 and 04, did juice in 06, went complete rawfoods in 07.

I now eat what I want, with no rules and restrictions, I just try and live the most content life I can.
__________________
"I don't drink coffee, I take tea my dear, I like my toast done on one side"
gazh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:10 AM   #15 (permalink)
M.C
Filthy Casuals
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 11,072
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptilianSlayer View Post
It isn't the natural order of things, it's a choice. You choose to eat animal flesh, nature isn't forcing you to do so. Nature has provided you with fruits and vegetables that grow in the ground which you can eat and live a perfectly health life with. But you choose to eat animal flesh because you like the taste. As long as you like the taste, the suffering and unnecessary death of the animals doesn't matter. That's just selfishness, plain and simple.

Like I said, what if theoretically human flesh tasted even better than any steak you could sink your teeth into? What if human babies were the best kind of flesh to eat and they were packaged in a supermarket? Is this the line you won't cross? Won't eat human flesh, but every other animal is ok? Even if that human flesh tastes better than the other animals? You're saying you eat it because you like the taste and don't care about their unconsented slavery and deaths, so where will you draw the line for taste?

I think you're vastly downplaying the Alien scenario. You and I, and every other human being would be crippled with fear. Seeing these "superior" beings butcher your entire family and then butcher you, just because they like the taste of you? That's bat shit insane, and there's nothing natural about it. Might does not = right.

@Gaz. What?! I think you're in the wrong thread mate. Democracy is a cancer to this earth by the way. Majority vote doesn't = right.
It's natural to eat. Meat, greens, veggies, what have you. It's all food. I choose to eat meat absolutely, I love the stuff as I've stated multiple times now. Not sure where you are going with this? Trying to convince me that I eat meat by choice? I agree, it's delicious and I buy the stuff.

People have eaten other people throughout human history. It's frowned upon and illegal, but yeah. Personally it doesn't interest me any, but in an alternate universe where cannibalism was more readily available/more a part of our life? Who knows.
__________________


“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:10 AM   #16 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montucky
Posts: 5,139
slapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings System
http://www.ecology.com/2012/10/08/trees-communicate/
http://www.pri.org/stories/2014-01-0...k-about-plants
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fGLABm7jJ-Y
http://iluvsa.blogspot.com/2009/11/s...feel-pain.html
http://www.wired.com/2009/10/plant-siblings/
__________________
"I fear no man, but Jim Harrison and Mike Stone are the two last men that I would wish to meet in an alley fight. Jim Harrison's fighting style is not flamboyant or spectacular, it's just simple and deadly!" - Bruce Lee sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:16 AM   #17 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
ReptilianSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 767
ReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazh View Post
RS, I admire your spunk and even agree with some parts of your argument.

But what I can't get away with is your anger, dude, yes the world is fvcked full of bizarre contradictions and shit that seems so obviously wrong it could almost make you get on your knees and ask the bearded guy in the sky why! WHY?

We are simply organic matter, overgrown bacteria, the pain in your heart isn't going to help solve any of the injustices in this world (sad but true) but It will speed up the depletion of your telomeres. All of this shit you say, in this thread and others, the forum in your signature, I was reading that shit 10 years ago, went vege and then vegan in 03 and 04, did juice in 06, went complete rawfoods in 07.

I now eat what I want, with no rules and restrictions, I just try and live the most content life I can.
If you want to believe we're just advanced forms of bacteria then believe that, but that isn't what I believe. There is some thing else at work and there is purpose to life on this planet. I've every right to express anger if I feel it, that's what it's there for. We feel emotions as a moral compass towards our decision making. If I feel upset or angry about the current state of the world and I use it as a motivation to do things to change, I'll do it.

Sounds to me like you're going down a dodgy path mate. You sound apathetic towards life, death and suffering. I believe that the purpose of our lives at this time is to end suffering on this planet and reach the next stage of evolution, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

It doesn't make me ask why to the bearded man in the sky, I already know why. None of this is happening randomly, we choose to live in suffering on this planet. It's a choice. All of the warfare, death, destruction, it's all a choice and it's all self inflicted. It doesn't have to be that way and I'll try my best to try and make sure it isn't that way. As long as I know I'm doing the right thing and I know I'm TRYING to do my part to end suffering on this planet, that's all that matters.
__________________
www.whatonearthishappening.com

Doctors destroy health
Lawyers destroy justice
Psychiatrists destroy minds
Major media destroys Information
Religions destroy spirituality
Governments destroy freedom
ReptilianSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:21 AM   #18 (permalink)
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,276
Hammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings SystemHammerlock2.0 Is Beyond A Rankings System
Morality has nothing to do with it. Time will tell what's the better approach. We are in fact omnivores (the proof being we can digest meat and vegetables) and unless some evolutionary stuff happens we will be omnivores until the next big rock from space hits us.
__________________


Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm

Last edited by Hammerlock2.0 : 06-26-2014 at 06:55 AM. Reason: holy shit how did i misspell vegetables so bad?
Hammerlock2.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:26 AM   #19 (permalink)
Milky Joe
 
gazh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Coconut Shy
Posts: 2,381
gazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptilianSlayer View Post
If you want to believe we're just advanced forms of bacteria then believe that, but that isn't what I believe. There is some thing else at work and there is purpose to life on this planet. I've every right to express anger if I feel it, that's what it's there for. We feel emotions as a moral compass towards our decision making. If I feel upset or angry about the current state of the world and I use it as a motivation to do things to change, I'll do it.

Sounds to me like you're going down a dodgy path mate. You sound apathetic towards life, death and suffering. I believe that the purpose of our lives at this time is to end suffering on this planet and reach the next stage of evolution, and I'm glad to be a part of it.

It doesn't make me ask why to the bearded man in the sky, I already know why. None of this is happening randomly, we choose to live in suffering on this planet. It's a choice. All of the warfare, death, destruction, it's all a choice and it's all self inflicted. It doesn't have to be that way and I'll try my best to try and make sure it isn't that way. As long as I know I'm doing the right thing and I know I'm TRYING to do my part to end suffering on this planet, that's all that matters.
These posts actually resemble mine 6+ years ago, I believed there was another plane of existence, not necessarily heaven/hell but a non-physical world where souls dwell, I did have some strange experiences with recreational drugs and ouija boards when young that to this day I can't really explain.

Maybe you have a right to express anger, but then again what rights do we have and don't have? Who gives us the right? Why do we have certain rights and not others?

You're wrong about apathy towards life; I don't want to hurt, kill or upset anybody, infact I'd much prefer to bring happiness and joy, I just feel after years of investing mentally and emotionally into an ideology and seeing literally zero progress it's a struggle to continue investing into something that you no longer believe will actually achieve anything for myself or anybody else. As I said I admire your spunk, but I'd imagine there will come a time when your tank is empty.
__________________
"I don't drink coffee, I take tea my dear, I like my toast done on one side"
gazh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:27 AM   #20 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
ReptilianSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 767
ReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A Baller
All that video proves is that a plant transfers an electrical signal - like every thing else. That doesn't mean that if feels pain. Because there are electrical reactions in the plant doesn't suddenly erase the fact that they are not sentient beings, have a nervous system (that's what produces the sensation of pain) or have brains. There is absolutely no evidence what so ever to conclude to state any of this. An experiment showing that plants transfer a current of electricity through their leaves doesn't mean they feel pain.
__________________
www.whatonearthishappening.com

Doctors destroy health
Lawyers destroy justice
Psychiatrists destroy minds
Major media destroys Information
Religions destroy spirituality
Governments destroy freedom
ReptilianSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios