Eating meat is immoral - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply

Old 06-26-2014, 06:34 AM   #21 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
ReptilianSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 763
ReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazh View Post
These posts actually resemble mine 6+ years ago, I believed there was another plane of existence, not necessarily heaven/hell but a non-physical world which souls dwell, I did have some strange experiences with recreational drugs and ouija boards when young that to this day I can't really explain.

Maybe you have a right to express anger, but then again what rights do we have and don't have? Who gives us the right? Why do we have certain rights and not others?

You're wrong about apathy towards life; I don't want to hurt, kill or upset anybody, infact I'd much prefer to bring happiness and joy, I just feel after years of investing mentally and emotionally into an ideology and seeing literally zero progress it's a struggle to continue investing into something that you no longer believe will actually achieve anything for myself or anybody else. As I said I admire your spunk, but I'd imagine there will come a time when your tank is empty.
So basically you're admitting you gave up, threw in the towel. You weren't seeing "progress" so you stopped. This isn't about progress, it's about doing the right thing EVEN IN THE FACE OF DEFEAT. Even if I know I'm out matched and out sized in some thing, I will still try and do the right thing, winning or failing is irrelevant, doing the right thing is all that matters. Like Neo said to Agent Smith in the third matrix film when Smith was about to finish Neo and kill him - " Why Mr Anderson, why do you persist when you are outmatched and have zero hope?!" Neo says - "BECAUSE I CHOOSE TO". I don't do this for some end goal (even though ultimately I hope there is an end goal) I do this because I choose to try and do the right thing in my life, even when I'm losing and failing.

There are people being sentenced to death in other parts of the world for choosing to do the right thing. People put their lives on the line to simply do the right thing.

We have natural rights. I'm born into this body with my own mind, emotions and actions. I own them, no one else does. I think thoughts, I feel emotions and I express them and make actions in the world. I'm born with these natural rights. I'm born with a mouth and tongue and a brain to communicate language, so it's my natural right to express myself. I have a right to feel and express any thing that comes from my mind or my body, that's naturally what we're born with. If I want to put a particular substance in my body, I will do. I own my body, no one else does, so I'll put what ever I want inside it. I don't care what some law written down onto a piece of paper says by some men wearing dark suits - they don't own my body - I do.

"The natural liberty of man is to be free from any superior power on earth, and not to be under the will or legislative authority of man, but to have only the law of nature for his rule". - John Locke
__________________
www.whatonearthishappening.com

Doctors destroy health
Lawyers destroy justice
Psychiatrists destroy minds
Major media destroys Information
Religions destroy spirituality
Governments destroy freedom
ReptilianSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-26-2014, 06:37 AM   #22 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montucky
Posts: 5,009
slapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings System
http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/15/sc...anted=all&_r=0
__________________
"I fear no man, but Jim Harrison and Mike Stone are the two last men that I would wish to meet in an alley fight. Jim Harrison's fighting style is not flamboyant or spectacular, it's just simple and deadly!" - Bruce Lee sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:40 AM   #23 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
ReptilianSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 763
ReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
Morality has nothing to do with it. Time will tell what's the better approach. We are in fact omnivores (the proof being we can digest meat and vegabtles) and unless some evolutionary stuff happens we will be omnivores until the next big rock from space hits us.
Just because that our bodies can digest meat doesn't mean that we have to and there's overwhelming evidence to state so. Millions of people live long, healthy lives choosing not to digest meat and adopt a plant based diet.
__________________
www.whatonearthishappening.com

Doctors destroy health
Lawyers destroy justice
Psychiatrists destroy minds
Major media destroys Information
Religions destroy spirituality
Governments destroy freedom
ReptilianSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:40 AM   #24 (permalink)
Milky Joe
 
gazh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Coconut Shy
Posts: 2,368
gazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By All
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptilianSlayer View Post
So basically you're admitting you gave up, threw in the towel. You weren't seeing "progress" so you stopped. This isn't about progress, it's about doing the right thing EVEN IN THE FACE OF DEFEAT. Even if I know I'm out matched and out sized in some thing, I will still try and do the right thing, winning or failing is irrelevant, doing the right thing is all that matters. Like Neo said to Agent Smith in the third matrix film when Smith was about to finish Neo and kill him - " Why Mr Anderson, why do you persist when you are outmatched and have zero hope?!" Neo says - "BECAUSE I CHOOSE TO". I don't do this for some end goal (even though ultimately I hope there is an end goal) I do this because I choose to try and do the right thing in my life, even when I'm losing and failing.

We have natural rights. I'm born into this body with my own mind, emotions and actions. I own them, no one else does. I think thoughts, I feel emotions and I express them and make actions in the world. I'm born with these natural rights. I'm born with a mouth and tongue and a brain to communicate language, so it's my natural right to express myself. I have a right to feel and express any thing that comes from my mind or my body, that's naturally what we're born with. If I want to put a particular substance in my body, I will do. I own my body, no one else does, so I'll put what ever I want inside it. I don't care what some law written down onto a piece of paper says by some men wearing dark suits - they don't own my body - I do.
At some point you're going to have to look after yourself and not a concept or notion, despite how idealistic or positive for humanity it maybe. My advice, as a 30 year old man, set smaller more winnable goals, you feel less anger and more positive thus depleting less telomeres giving you more time to achieve your bigger goals.

You own your body, you own your fists but to swing it at somebodies jaw in the street is not your right? yes/no.
__________________
"I don't drink coffee, I take tea my dear, I like my toast done on one side"
gazh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:43 AM   #25 (permalink)
M.C
Filthy Casuals
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 10,979
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
Morality has nothing to do with it. Time will tell what's the better approach. We are in fact omnivores (the proof being we can digest meat and vegabtles) and unless some evolutionary stuff happens we will be omnivores until the next big rock from space hits us.
Agreed, especially about the rock thing... it's coming, even if it's very far off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptilianSlayer View Post
None of this is happening randomly, we choose to live in suffering on this planet. It's a choice. All of the warfare, death, destruction, it's all a choice and it's all self inflicted.
Is anyone in this thread suffering? I don't choose to suffer, I've actually made my life pretty well. It would be nice to have less war, but as Fallout states "war...war never changes".

I would say if anyone has a negative viewpoint here, it would be you. I'm pretty positive about most things, life is good in general. You keep talking about destruction/death/war, so focused on the bad things that you will NEVER be able to solve. I, on the other hand, look at the positives and live a pretty happy life without worrying so much about the uncontrollable. Not saying that you don't live a happy life as well, but it would be best if you didn't try to claim others have a bleak outlook on life or anything like that, I know for a fact I'm a positive person with a perfectly happy life, and I eat meat constantly (among other things you are against).
__________________


“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the requisite spine and testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montucky
Posts: 5,009
slapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReptilianSlayer View Post
Just because that our bodies can digest meat doesn't mean that we have to and there's overwhelming evidence to state so. Millions of people live long, healthy lives choosing not to digest meat and adopt a plant based diet.
lol..
__________________
"I fear no man, but Jim Harrison and Mike Stone are the two last men that I would wish to meet in an alley fight. Jim Harrison's fighting style is not flamboyant or spectacular, it's just simple and deadly!" - Bruce Lee sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:45 AM   #27 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
ReptilianSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 763
ReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by slapshot View Post
"My entry into what seemed the moral high ground, though, was surprisingly unpleasant. I felt embattled not only by a bizarrely intense lust for chicken but nightmares in which I would be eating a gorgeous, rare steak — I could distinctly taste the savory drippings — from which I awoke in a panic, until I realized that I had been carnivorous only in my imagination".

Sounds like a man who loved the taste of animal flesh too much that when he gave up and went back to eating it he looked for erroneous justifications for it by trying to make erroneous claims about plant life with no evidence to back it up (like the video you posted).

You keep telling yourself (like that guy) that plants feel pain just like we and other animals do if it helps you sleep at night.
__________________
www.whatonearthishappening.com

Doctors destroy health
Lawyers destroy justice
Psychiatrists destroy minds
Major media destroys Information
Religions destroy spirituality
Governments destroy freedom
ReptilianSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 06:56 AM   #28 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
slapshot's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Montucky
Posts: 5,009
slapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings Systemslapshot Is Beyond A Rankings System
Meat is less difficult to digest than vegetables ever wonder why? Its just obtuse ignorance to claim killing a mammal is morally worse than killing a plant, its all life and it all dies just like you..

Who the **** are we to decide what life form has more or less significance or right, rights, than the other..

Your argument falls on its face in practicality and scientific merit, but hay keep telling yourself it matters if it helps you sleep at night.

Make no mistake, I feel absolutely no remorse, no pang of guilt, not even a first thought much less a second to the food I eat be it animal or vegetable.

Arrogance its whats for dinner.
__________________
"I fear no man, but Jim Harrison and Mike Stone are the two last men that I would wish to meet in an alley fight. Jim Harrison's fighting style is not flamboyant or spectacular, it's just simple and deadly!" - Bruce Lee sakurabushidokan.homestead.com
slapshot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:00 AM   #29 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
ReptilianSlayer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 763
ReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A BallerReptilianSlayer Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by gazh View Post
At some point you're going to have to look after yourself and not a concept or notion, despite how idealistic or positive for humanity it maybe. My advice, as a 30 year old man, set smaller more winnable goals, you feel less anger and more positive thus depleting less telomeres giving you more time to achieve your bigger goals.

You own your body, you own your fists but to swing it at somebodies jaw in the street is not your right? yes/no.
I don't seek goals, I seek to live my life with basic moral principles. Perhaps that was your trouble - setting goals and working towards an end goal rather than living life in the present moment and just being. Here's the principle I live my life by. Do not cause harm, suffering or loss to other people. Why? Because no person on the planet wants to feel harm, suffering or loss, therefore it would be morally wrong for me to inflict suffering onto others. All truths in life are simple, the world isn't some complex mystery. Lies and deception hide the truth and make it complex. There doesn't have to be a "goal", by having a goal you're just living in an imagined future rather than accepting the present moment. I allign myself with simple, true, moral principles of life, that is all. If everyone on planet earth did this, there would be no suffering on this planet.

Your second paragraph is answered in my above paragraph. Do not cause harm, suffering or loss to other people. Swinging my fists on the street and intitating acts of violence and aggression onto other people will cause harm and physical suffering to other people, there no, that is not a natural right I have. Self defense is a natural right. If some one begins randomly swinging their fists at me on the street I'm going to react with force to neutralise the threat. Natural rights are not things you have to use your brain to think about and intellectualise, they are inherently known inside without any thought required. If some one attacks you, you instantly defend yourself, no thinking is required.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
Agreed, especially about the rock thing... it's coming, even if it's very far off.



Is anyone in this thread suffering? I don't choose to suffer, I've actually made my life pretty well. It would be nice to have less war, but as Fallout states "war...war never changes".

I would say if anyone has a negative viewpoint here, it would be you. I'm pretty positive about most things, life is good in general. You keep talking about destruction/death/war, so focused on the bad things that you will NEVER be able to solve. I, on the other hand, look at the positives and live a pretty happy life without worrying so much about the uncontrollable. Not saying that you don't live a happy life as well, but it would be best if you didn't try to claim others have a bleak outlook on life or anything like that, I know for a fact I'm a positive person with a perfectly happy life, and I eat meat constantly (among other things you are against).
I don't have a negative outlook in life, I haven't used the word negative once in any of my posts. It's just factual information. I was referring to the species collectively, not your or my individual lives per say. Collectively our species is undergoing great suffering, that's not "negative", that's a fact of life. If I tell you that a great tornado is heading your way and if you don't move out of the way it's going to tear you apart and rip your entire house up is that "negative" information? No, it's just factual information.

An alcoholic who is in self denial will never heal himself. He must first ACKNOWLEDGE that there is a serious problem he must address to over come it. He can either choose to perceive that problem as "negative" or he can just acknowledge it as that, a problem and work on healing himself and getting over hid alcoholism. Shedding light on the problems in the world is not negative, it's stating information on facts and then discussing how we can live our lives and do our parts to try and end these problems.
__________________
www.whatonearthishappening.com

Doctors destroy health
Lawyers destroy justice
Psychiatrists destroy minds
Major media destroys Information
Religions destroy spirituality
Governments destroy freedom
ReptilianSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2014, 07:02 AM   #30 (permalink)
Milky Joe
 
gazh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: The Coconut Shy
Posts: 2,368
gazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By Allgazh Is Beloved By All
Your angry words can also inflict suffering on others.

Anyway I'm just about out of insightful things to say at this point, see ya.

__________________
"I don't drink coffee, I take tea my dear, I like my toast done on one side"
gazh is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios