Door 2 Door sales - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply

Old 10-24-2007, 03:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Stone Cold Crazy
 
KnockinUout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,702
KnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level now
Door 2 Door sales

My brother has been selling vacuums door to door for 5 years now. I dont talk to him a whole lot so I never really knew much about how much he made or how it worked. But he goes door 2 door every day mon-sat from 11am-8pm. The vacuums are $1600 and you gotta sell this to people. I guess my brother sells about 10 a month and he runs a crew and banks off of everyones sales and makes some great money. He wants to hire me and for every vacuum I sell I get $300 until my 12th sale then I get $400. Then when I get even more I can get promoted and make a huge amount. But I want to know who has done this or is doing this and how do you like it. I am not sure if I can go door to door selling such an expensive vacuum. Also gotta do it even if its snowin or raining like crazy.
KnockinUout is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-24-2007, 06:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
Dr. Pepper Fan
 
Green Scape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,698
Green Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to all
I did that for 1 year when I gotta outta high school, I got Top New Dealer of the North East Region. Does this vacuum start with a k?

We had morning meetings from 10-11 to talk about sales, then we'd travel far out to nice towns to grab some deals and wouldn't stop knocking until 9pm. Most of the time, I didn't get home until 12am-1am. It's a different story if you go out on your own, but you're never going to make money the way you do when you knock on doors with a van crew (stop, drop, and knock). You can get 1 out of 2-3 doors if your entrance ratio is good (plus I'm so good looking ). You do 3 presentations (hour +) you're bound to get atleast 1 sale a day if you play your numbers. Even with that, it's still very unstable, you can become wealthy and successful at it but remember, you'll always be knocking on doors everyday, always be looking for that big buck, and always be out there in the field unless you get your own store, but you'll always be running that store, and always be running those crews. ALWAYS.

I don't reccommend it, no matter how enthralled you get, or good you get at it. Nothing is worth the time you spend out there, every situation possible that can happen at a door WILL happen. I'd give you details but I don't want this to be too long, but just ask.

This was a whilte ago, I work as a coordinator now, the best thing about it is I get to go home after work, have a life, and I'm not worried about relying on door-to-door commission to pay bills. You on the other hand, will get to go home after work just to sleep for your next day of work. If you're completely serious about being in the vacuum business for the rest of your life, go for it. There will be plenty of incentives for you to stay but just remember if something's great at the time it doesn't mean it's worth it in the long run and if this is the place I think it is, they'll do everything in their psychological power to make you feel other wise. The reason they stay, is because they make money, the reason they make money is because they're good at psychology. I gotta leave now muahaha!
Green Scape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 06:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
totally gnarly
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
SurfNinja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,691
Blog Entries: 1
SurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For GreatnessSurfNinja Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Scape

I don't reccommend it, no matter how enthralled you get, or good you get at it. Nothing is worth the time you spend out there, every situation possible that can happen at a door WILL happen. I'd give you details but I don't want this to be too long, but just ask.
Ever get into a... sexy situation?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThaFranchise View Post
I've said it before but it deserves repeating, "Theres 3 guarantees in life, death, Fedor, and bitches be crazy" .


SurfNinja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2007, 07:11 PM   #4 (permalink)
Stone Cold Crazy
 
KnockinUout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,702
KnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Scape
I did that for 1 year when I gotta outta high school, I got Top New Dealer of the North East Region. Does this vacuum start with a k?

We had morning meetings from 10-11 to talk about sales, then we'd travel far out to nice towns to grab some deals and wouldn't stop knocking until 9pm. Most of the time, I didn't get home until 12am-1am. It's a different story if you go out on your own, but you're never going to make money the way you do when you knock on doors with a van crew (stop, drop, and knock). You can get 1 out of 2-3 doors if your entrance ratio is good (plus I'm so good looking ). You do 3 presentations (hour +) you're bound to get atleast 1 sale a day if you play your numbers. Even with that, it's still very unstable, you can become wealthy and successful at it but remember, you'll always be knocking on doors everyday, always be looking for that big buck, and always be out there in the field unless you get your own store, but you'll always be running that store, and always be running those crews. ALWAYS.

I don't reccommend it, no matter how enthralled you get, or good you get at it. Nothing is worth the time you spend out there, every situation possible that can happen at a door WILL happen. I'd give you details but I don't want this to be too long, but just ask.

This was a whilte ago, I work as a coordinator now, the best thing about it is I get to go home after work, have a life, and I'm not worried about relying on door-to-door commission to pay bills. You on the other hand, will get to go home after work just to sleep for your next day of work. If you're completely serious about being in the vacuum business for the rest of your life, go for it. There will be plenty of incentives for you to stay but just remember if something's great at the time it doesn't mean it's worth it in the long run and if this is the place I think it is, they'll do everything in their psychological power to make you feel other wise. The reason they stay, is because they make money, the reason they make money is because they're good at psychology. I gotta leave now muahaha!
Yeah it starts with a K. Thats exactly what my brother does. Right now he runs a crew in his van. But he is a few months away from owning his own store and becoming a distributor. He also says in a year he could promote me to a distributor. But my only day off would be sunday. He said presentations are about an hour and a half. I really dont know if I can do it.
KnockinUout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 12:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
This is SPARTA!
 
Kameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 5,493
Blog Entries: 4
Kameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level now
Kirby Vacuums. I did that for about 2 years, wasn't that great at it but all the money I made was mine(no bills at the time). At first I didn't think I could sell a vacuum that was so expensive but they teach you how to sell it and people will buy it, it is a very good product.
__________________

Kameleon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 01:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Stone Cold Crazy
 
KnockinUout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,702
KnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level now
How many did you sell a month in you beggening before you found your groove?? I cant believe this business. My brothers boss' both came over from iran and became millionares off of these vacuums. Its hard for me to wake up at 7am to do this. Come home late and not have time to train. I dont mind not having a life for a year to get some cashed built up then go back to school.
KnockinUout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned
 
southpaw447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 6,585
southpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level nowsouthpaw447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnockinUout
My brother has been selling vacuums door to door for 5 years now. I dont talk to him a whole lot so I never really knew much about how much he made or how it worked. But he goes door 2 door every day mon-sat from 11am-8pm. The vacuums are $1600 and you gotta sell this to people. I guess my brother sells about 10 a month and he runs a crew and banks off of everyones sales and makes some great money. He wants to hire me and for every vacuum I sell I get $300 until my 12th sale then I get $400. Then when I get even more I can get promoted and make a huge amount. But I want to know who has done this or is doing this and how do you like it. I am not sure if I can go door to door selling such an expensive vacuum. Also gotta do it even if its snowin or raining like crazy.
Dude. My friend sells the exact same Vaccum cleaners. Huh, wierd.
southpaw447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dr. Pepper Fan
 
Green Scape's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 1,698
Green Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to allGreen Scape is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by southpaw447
Dude. My friend sells the exact same Vaccum cleaners. Huh, wierd.
Yeah the shit's huge, it's in 70 countries and there are different distributors in every state. It's setup to not fail, it's like a pyramid of salesman that have to follow just one plan and they've been doing this since the early 1900s. They only makes sales in demos and by word of mouth, because if they do it any other way it'll take business from the distributors and their crews. It was kinda fun selling them because it made everyone else's vacuums look like shit (the electroluxes and rainbows were are about $2,000). But man, the time that goes into it, you stay so long with the same people everyday they literally become this dysfunctional family.

I sold 20-25 on a good month, but that'll never even out what you go through to get those sales. That means, I knocked on 75-100 stranger's houses in the middle of nowhere that month and got rejected, booted from the house, or the cops called on me for all the rest. But you get so used to that it rolls right off your shoulders. It makes you stronger-minded though. I sold a vacuum to an asshole state trooper who wouldn't let me go into his house. So I setup on his porch and I rolled him over. You run into everyone out there, racists, druggies, handicapped.. I even did a demonstration in front of a Quaker school. Looked like f*cking harry potter and his friends got into a buncha hemp clothes. It doesn't always have it's fun times though, so you have to do a lot of demonstrations. The reason I left was because I was f*cking too tired, I never got to see my friends or family, and they got it in my head that I should breathe, eat, shit, sleep Kirby. I got arrested once because we didn't check in with the town (we usually didn't), we called my boss, and he said said "Get him the f*ck out of there and into another house" and it was like 9:30pm, these people get PISSED if you're wasting time or not making sales.

KnockinUout, when was the last time you got to hang out with your bro because being on or running a crew is an all day deal, we usually just slept our asses off on our one dayoff.

Do you really wanna be a door-to-door vacuum salesman and is your brother any different now (like busting veins out of his forehead trying to stay positive?)
Green Scape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 11:25 AM   #9 (permalink)
Stone Cold Crazy
 
KnockinUout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Detroit
Posts: 1,702
KnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level nowKnockinUout is on another level now
I never really hung with my bro much but he is always busy because of work. But that job made him alot more outgoing and confident, Id say hes a better person because of it. I dont mind being devoted to a job if its gonna make me money. Something like this I wouldnt do for a while because he is gonna be a distributor soon and he said in a year he would promote me also and get me going in that field. So then I could just sit back and bank off of other peoples sales and them buying vacuums off of me. My brother could be doing that right now but he choses to stay in the field and bank over a grand on a vacuum as cheap as he gets them. I guess they have trips and contest every month for people who sell 15 or more a month.
KnockinUout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2007, 01:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 342
NoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enoughNoRToN will become famous soon enough
LOL, I did the training for two days they get you all charged up. Remember if you cant' sell your not gonna make any money.

If I remember correctly it is 100% referral based, Kirby does not advertise nor can you purchase them in a store.


Good Luck

PS: The product does kick serious ass and I will be purchasing one in the near future, so if your area is around Chicago send me a pm
__________________
Curran Future WEC Champ
NoRToN is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios