something wrong with democratic debate - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 12:16 PM Thread Starter
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,003
                     
something wrong with democratic debate

I dont normaly watch this political bull sh*t but I ran across it the other night while watching tv and decided to watch alittle of it.

what was said there is what is wrong with america today.

Clinton stated " The people we are fighting against, The republicans."

Does anyone else find something wrong there. We shouldnt be fightting against each other. Most of all not in times of war. so anyone who is a democrat please dont vote for her

just one more reason to hate clinton I guess

"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 12:48 PM
( . )( . )
 
Zender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 843
                     
Although I don't really know much about politics on your side of the pond, I think it's a bit weird that you only have 2 choices for the vote. I mean surely there are more than just 2 types of people over there. I don't like that method of thought either btw. We should be working together, EVERYONE, to make the world a better place. Instead we get people deliberately throwing spanners into the works just so they can point and say "me & my friends could have done better".
Zender is offline  
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 12:56 PM Thread Starter
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,003
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zender
Although I don't really know much about politics on your side of the pond, I think it's a bit weird that you only have 2 choices for the vote. I mean surely there are more than just 2 types of people over there. I don't like that method of thought either btw. We should be working together, EVERYONE, to make the world a better place. Instead we get people deliberately throwing spanners into the works just so they can point and say "me & my friends could have done better".
there are more than 2 choices its just that the either democrats or republicans always win.

but the way it gos is that the democrats will vote in someone to run for them and the republicans will vote someone to run for them then they run agaist each other along with a few other canadates for office

"The fat man flies at midnight"
americanfighter is offline  
post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 06:23 PM
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
                     
this stems from the party system, which goes completely against the concept of a democracy. what we have is two parties constantly vying for power, who will do and say anything to get your vote! there is no democracy in this country, just a hereditary bipartisan ecconomic monarcy!

whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline  
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 06:57 PM
( . )( . )
 
Zender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 843
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
this stems from the party system, which goes completely against the concept of a democracy. what we have is two parties constantly vying for power, who will do and say anything to get your vote! there is no democracy in this country, just a hereditary bipartisan ecconomic monarcy!
That's what I thought. I understand voting in the leader of the party but then each party has to stick by it's 'moral' views. IMO it stifles progress as basic principles have to be stuck to in order to qualify being a member.

Before we get too deep, I'm not a big political person so don't think you'll get a great debate out of me. lol I shouldn't really have gave that false sense of security by posting in this thread but just had to say my tuppence worth.
Zender is offline  
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 07:00 PM
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Demicans = Republicrats. There's not much of a difference between the 2 anymore. Hillary is a horrible candidate, I mean HORRIBLE. She can't even answer a freakin question to save her life. God I hope she doesn't get voted in, this world will be ****ed. Yes I said WORLD.

They're all pretty much morons, they're creating a civil war between our parties...I can't express in text how much I absolutely loathe Hellary Clinton.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 07:06 PM
( . )( . )
 
Zender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Scotland
Posts: 843
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
Demicans = Republicrats. There's not much of a difference between the 2 anymore. Hillary is a horrible candidate, I mean HORRIBLE. She can't even answer a freakin question to save her life. God I hope she doesn't get voted in, this world will be ****ed. Yes I said WORLD.

They're all pretty much morons, they're creating a civil war between our parties...I can't express in text how much I absolutely loathe Hellary Clinton.
.....all that and she can't even give a decent BJ.
Zender is offline  
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 07:08 PM Thread Starter
MMA Patriot
 
americanfighter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: louisville ky
Posts: 4,003
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
this stems from the party system, which goes completely against the concept of a democracy. what we have is two parties constantly vying for power, who will do and say anything to get your vote! there is no democracy in this country, just a hereditary bipartisan ecconomic monarcy!
I wouldnt go as far to say its a monarcy.We have alot of freedoms that you shouldnt take advantage of. I am glad to live here and think there is no better place on earth to live. I am just saying we need to stop fighting each other.

we just need to get better leaders like teddy (greatest prez in my opinion) lincon and FDR.

Saposedly There is a guy named brown back running for republican thats pretty good but Rudy pretty much has that clinched.

Unfortunatly it looks like we might be stuck with Rudy or clinton.

Hell Right now I probably voted for colbert

edit remove thumbs up

"The fat man flies at midnight"

Last edited by americanfighter; 11-19-2007 at 07:19 PM.
americanfighter is offline  
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 07:09 PM
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zender
.....all that and she can't even give a decent BJ.
lol...I'm pretty certain that her saliva contains deadly enzymes that only evil space alien goddesses are equipped with. She is the spawn of something evil, that's all I know. And where there's evil, there's bound to be deadly enzymes lurking around in some saliva.

PS Rudy stinks too.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 11-19-2007, 07:18 PM
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by americanfighter
I wouldnt go as far to say its a monarcy.We have alot of freedoms that you shouldnt take advantage of. I am glad to live here and think there is no better place on earth to live. I am just saying we need to stop fighting each other.

we just need to get better leaders like teddy (greatest prez in my opinion) lincon and FDR.

Saposedly There is a guy named brown back running for republican thats pretty good but Rudy pretty much has that clinched.

Unfortunatly it looks like we might be stuck with Rudy or clinton.

Hell Right now I probably voted for colbert
not a blood monarchy perhaps, but a monarchy none-the-less. who gains power after the previous leaves it? either Dem or Repub, and either way, nothing changes. and they are all in bed with money-flaunting lobbyests, religious groups, coorporations, etc...

nothing changes because those in power, both sides, know that nothing will change. there is not one ounce of true democracy in this country, only class-based striation due to the belief that all happiness stems from making money!!!

whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome