UFC/Pride Debate - Page 12 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 03:12 PM   #111 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: greenville sc
Posts: 561
Cbingham has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
belfort is one of PRIDE's current top LHW's? do you even have a clue what's going on in PRIDE????

coutoure was a great one, but that doesn't mean he was a wash towards the end.

horn is respected, but he's not an actual contendor for anything... please

fine, babalu... there's 1 for you

how is mirko my beloved? when have i praised him so much? in fact, when have i mentioned him in my posts in this thread? great argument... man, you're pure gold you know that?

great rebuttle!
Belfort was at the #10 spot at LHW two weeks ago.

You consider Couture washed up because he got beat by the #1 LHW in the world? thats pretty harsh.

Horn is always a contender.

And you are one of those Pride HW lovers and Cro-Cop is #2 right?

Last edited by Cbingham : 09-28-2006 at 03:16 PM.
Cbingham is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-28-2006, 03:26 PM   #112 (permalink)
This is SPARTA!
 
Kameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 5,493
Blog Entries: 4
Kameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by TLB
Who the hell said those guys were A level fighters? You need to stop saying that. Like Cbingham pointed out earlier, Franklin vs. Loiseau, St. Pierre vs. Penn, Ortiz vs. Shamrock, Arlovski vs. Sylvia, Liddell vs. Babalu, Hughes vs. Penn, Hughes vs St. Pierre, Franklin vs. Silva and Ortiz vs Liddell. But you say the UFC as a whole sucks. What the hell kind of MMA fan are you?

People talk about the main events for UFC being good and getting better in the next couple of months.
Ortiz vs. Shamrock - This fight wasn't that good, one sided
Arlovski vs. Sylvia - This fight was a joke, Tim won by not winning
Liddell vs. Babalu - Predictable
Hughes vs. Penn - Did not live up to the hype

Those are some of the headline main events from past UFC PPV's, there were not impressive. That's all UFC can depend on because most of the undercard matches suck.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLB
I certainly wouldn’t say UFC “sucked balls” in 05 I ordered every PPV and there were fights in every one of them that I enjoyed, once again I am a fan of MMA and no matter what The UFC is always going to have at least a few good fights in every card.
A few like maybe 2 or 3 matches out of 8 or 9. Unlike Pride were the majority, now I've seen some PPV's that weren't that good, the majority have good matches like 5 or 6 out of 8 or 9 matches.

@pt447 - How is Randleman the biggest joke in MMA?
__________________

Kameleon is offline  
Old 09-28-2006, 03:29 PM   #113 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbingham
Belfort was at the #10 spot at LHW two weeks ago.

You consider Couture washed up because he got beat by the #1 LHW in the world? thats pretty harsh.

Horn is always a contender.

And you are one of those Pride HW lovers and Cro-Cop is #2 right?
HW lover? does that mean i have to choose between PRIDE or UFC? or aren't we supposed to rank these fightesr as a whole? cause then, there's still no way silvia, AA, or anyone else in the UFC is above Fedor, CC, Nog, Kharitonov, Aleks... should i continue?

and i don't care what PRIDE themselves think... Vitor hasn't proven he's worth anything in the past few years! so no, i don't consier him a top 10 guy!
__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline  
Old 09-28-2006, 03:31 PM   #114 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: greenville sc
Posts: 561
Cbingham has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameleon

People talk about the main events for UFC being good and getting better in the next couple of months.
Ortiz vs. Shamrock - This fight wasn't that good, one sided
Arlovski vs. Sylvia - This fight was a joke, Tim won by not winning
Liddell vs. Babalu - Predictable
Hughes vs. Penn - Did not live up to the hype

Those are some of the headline main events from past UFC PPV's, there were not impressive. That's all UFC can depend on because most of the undercard matches suck.



A few like maybe 2 or 3 matches out of 8 or 9. Unlike Pride were the majority, now I've seen some PPV's that weren't that good, the majority have good matches like 5 or 6 out of 8 or 9 matches.

@pt447 - How is Randleman the biggest joke in MMA?
Sylvia and Arlovksi 3 was boring but the two before it were awsome.

How can you say that Hughes vs. Penn didnt live up to the hyp? That fight was a thrill ride, Hughes damn near tapped from a triangle choke and an armbar at the same time! It was up and down, two edge of your seat rounds!

Ortiz and shamrock was a dominant performance by Ortiz!
Cbingham is offline  
Old 09-28-2006, 03:31 PM   #115 (permalink)
This is SPARTA!
 
Kameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 5,493
Blog Entries: 4
Kameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level nowKameleon is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbingham
Belfort was at the #10 spot at LHW two weeks ago.

You consider Couture washed up because he got beat by the #1 LHW in the world? thats pretty harsh.

Horn is always a contender.

And you are one of those Pride HW lovers and Cro-Cop is #2 right?
Cro Cop will be number 1 when he beats Fedor at Shockwave.
__________________

Kameleon is offline  
Old 09-28-2006, 03:32 PM   #116 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameleon

People talk about the main events for UFC being good and getting better in the next couple of months.
Ortiz vs. Shamrock - This fight wasn't that good, one sided
Arlovski vs. Sylvia - This fight was a joke, Tim won by not winning
Liddell vs. Babalu - Predictable
Hughes vs. Penn - Did not live up to the hype

Those are some of the headline main events from past UFC PPV's, there were not impressive. That's all UFC can depend on because most of the undercard matches suck.



A few like maybe 2 or 3 matches out of 8 or 9. Unlike Pride were the majority, now I've seen some PPV's that weren't that good, the majority have good matches like 5 or 6 out of 8 or 9 matches.

@pt447 - How is Randleman the biggest joke in MMA?
perhaps i eggaderated... but i just don't see why people like this guy? sure, he KO'd CC, but he didn't neccisarily "beat" him... you see my difference? anyway, that's not the point. the point is, he is horribly boring in the ring... after 15 min of controlling a guy but not actually doing anything to win the fight, he'll just explode and usually gets caught in something. he's not a consistant fighter, except at losing, and he's way too into his own self-hype to ever be taken seriously! i just think he's a waste of time, energy, and a space for a better fighter to have in any fight!

just my OP... now, why did you ask me to clarify? do you have a different view? please, tell me, for discussion sake. no slap fights here! LOL
__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline  
Old 09-28-2006, 03:34 PM   #117 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameleon
Cro Cop will be number 1 when he beats Fedor at Shockwave.
that's a huge prediction! that fight is gunna be off the hizzy!!!

fedor cro-cop
__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline  
Old 09-28-2006, 03:42 PM   #118 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: greenville sc
Posts: 561
Cbingham has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
belfort is a joke... couture has been a wash for a while now, what exactley has horn accomplished, tito ok, babalu decent, randleman is the biggest joke in MMA ever!!!

great argument!
Oh and by the way, you saying that Belfort is a joke, just validates my arguement, alot of guys who were cut from the UFC for losing too much are now in some of the top spots in Pride. Thanks!
Cbingham is offline  
Old 09-28-2006, 03:43 PM   #119 (permalink)
SugaRUSH!
 
brownpimp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrey, Canada
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 1
brownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbingham
You know what I think is funny Brownpimp?

I told you repeatedly that this debate is over, because you were dodging my questions. I have called you out for it on several occasions, you admitted to dodging me, yet you still try and debate. You lost bro, you cannot win a debate by only adressing the questions/points that make you look good. So it doesnt matter what you say now. You lost, I know it, you know it, and anyone that goes back and reads where you admitted to dodging my questions will know it. So just shut up.
dont tell me to shut up u ****in prick, i answered ur dogding question about pride beating B level guys by saying ufc had joke contenders. Just to tell u shogun was #1 ranked in 2005 before he broke his arm against coleman, dont believe me, find out yourself.

Belfort is not pride's top lhw, he's thier 7th best. Yet he can beat ufc's 3rd best, how sad.
brownpimp88 is offline  
Old 09-28-2006, 03:45 PM   #120 (permalink)
SugaRUSH!
 
brownpimp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrey, Canada
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 1
brownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbingham
Belfort was at the #10 spot at LHW two weeks ago.

You consider Couture washed up because he got beat by the #1 LHW in the world? thats pretty harsh.

Horn is always a contender.

And you are one of those Pride HW lovers and Cro-Cop is #2 right?
which source are you going by, most people dont consider belfort top 10. Horn is not a contender at 205, all his accomplishements are at 185, pride's top 8 205ers would beat horn.
brownpimp88 is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios