UFC/Pride Debate - Page 5 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 04:56 PM   #41 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: greenville sc
Posts: 561
Cbingham has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpimp88
which question are you even talking about? I just showed u a ranking site.

there are several questions you havent answered.

1. prove that shogun is sloppy, which u havent.

2. prove that tim has a better record than fedor, which u havent.

3. prove that ufc's lightweights are indeed superior, which you havent.

4. prove babalu was top 10 in 2002, and tito was top 5 when chuck beat him, which u havent.

You know exactly what I am talking about! It was a whole paragraph long and I have posted it 3 times in our debate, twice today!

I told you the debate is done son!

all those things you just asked me are matters of oppinion any damn way, and I never said Sylvia's record was better than Fedors.

I may have been wrong about Babalu being ranked in 2002 but who cares? he was ranked in the second fight with Chuck, so I am right!
Cbingham is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-27-2006, 05:01 PM   #42 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: greenville sc
Posts: 561
Cbingham has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
well whats the question that you were referring to that we never answered??

"Then tell me why 3 out of five weight classes are topped by a UFC fighter. Even though "pride has more depth" that doesnt make any sense at all! Your Idea of depth is a bunch of A class guys beating up on a bunch of poor B class new comers. I have seen guys make their MMA debut in Pride, I have seen Sumo Wrestlers in Pride, I have seen so many one dimensional guys in Pride, and we have all seen those poor outmatched Japanese new comers getting pounded by your A list guys. You dont see any of that in the UFC, so how do you call that depth? really?"
Cbingham is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 05:03 PM   #43 (permalink)
SugaRUSH!
 
brownpimp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrey, Canada
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 1
brownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbingham
"Then tell me why 3 out of five weight classes are topped by a UFC fighter. Even though "pride has more depth" that doesnt make any sense at all! Your Idea of depth is a bunch of A class guys beating up on a bunch of poor B class new comers. I have seen guys make their MMA debut in Pride, I have seen Sumo Wrestlers in Pride, I have seen so many one dimensional guys in Pride, and we have all seen those poor outmatched Japanese new comers getting pounded by your A list guys. You dont see any of that in the UFC, so how do you call that depth? really?"
that doesnt make ufc a better company. dan henderson has beaten much better competiton than rich franklin has. Chuck has yet to fight any of the top 6 right now, while sohgun has fought 3 of them.

If you actually browse through the internet, alot of sites have shogun at #1.
brownpimp88 is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 05:09 PM   #44 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: greenville sc
Posts: 561
Cbingham has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpimp88
that doesnt make ufc a better company. dan henderson has beaten much better competiton than rich franklin has. Chuck has yet to fight any of the top 6 right now, while sohgun has fought 3 of them.

If you actually browse through the internet, alot of sites have shogun at #1.

You have NOTHING my friend NOTHING! You say Pride has more depth, but we have all seen the MMA debuts, and the one dimensional guys, and the Sumo wreslters, and guys who dont even belong in the ring. Every single guy that fights in the UFC has proven themselves worthy of being there, every single one! Pride Often looks like the early days of the UFC, more of a tough guy circus! That is not depth, I am sorry to burst your little bubble, but its the truth whether you accept it or not! On that note, I am done debating someone who dodges my arguements. goooooooodbye!
Cbingham is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 05:13 PM   #45 (permalink)
SugaRUSH!
 
brownpimp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrey, Canada
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 1
brownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbingham
You have NOTHING my friend NOTHING! You say Pride has more depth, but we have all seen the MMA debuts, and the one dimensional guys, and the Sumo wreslters, and guys who dont even belong in the ring. Every single guy that fights in the UFC has proven themselves worthy of being there, every single one! Pride Often looks like the early days of the UFC, more of a tough guy circus! That is not depth, I am sorry to burst your little bubble, but its the truth whether you accept it or not! On that note, I am done debating someone who dodges my arguements. goooooooodbye!
pride is the only company that puts together mismatches

lets take a look at some ufc title fights
arlovski vs eilers
quarry vs franklin
hughes vs riggs
arlovski vs beuntello
sylvia vs gan mcghee
tito vs elvis sinosic

and jeff monson getting a title shot for fighting cans, i have something nimrod.
brownpimp88 is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 05:13 PM   #46 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
jdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
the reason for that is because the pride guys beat up on each other which causes them loses which naturally causes someone to fall in the rankings..is is like college football, when a team from a no name conference is undefeated and is ranked higher than say a team like Michigan that has 2 loses in the big ten..Just because Michigan has 2 loses they were to good teams, unlike(i duno) TCU who is undefeated but played noone..I dunno i tried to give you an anology, but basically what im saying is the Pride guys have more depth in their divisions and loses are more common than in the ufc where there is the champ than Everyone else.
__________________



Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 05:15 PM   #47 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
jdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledgejdun11 Is True Champion Of Knowledge
all i have to say is JEFF MONSON IS GETTING A HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE SHOT
__________________



Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 05:17 PM   #48 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: greenville sc
Posts: 561
Cbingham has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpimp88
pride is the only company that puts together mismatches

lets take a look at some ufc title fights
arlovski vs eilers
quarry vs franklin
hughes vs riggs
arlovski vs beuntello
sylvia vs gan mcghee
tito vs elvis sinosic

and jeff monson getting a title shot for fighting cans, i have something nimrod.
Nah bro, You got nothing, those might be mismatches, but the fact is all those guys you just named earned their spot in the UFC by making a name for themselves in smaller MMA shows. Everyone in the UFC is an accomplished MMA fighter, not true for Pride, So depth has to go to UFC by default.
Cbingham is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 05:18 PM   #49 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: greenville sc
Posts: 561
Cbingham has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
all i have to say is JEFF MONSON IS GETTING A HEAVYWEIGHT TITLE SHOT
Isnt Jeff Monson the HW Champ of Abu-Dabi? He has been on a pretty decent streak as a HW in the UFC so whats wrong with that?
Cbingham is offline  
Old 09-27-2006, 05:20 PM   #50 (permalink)
SugaRUSH!
 
brownpimp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrey, Canada
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 1
brownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level nowbrownpimp88 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbingham
Nah bro, You got nothing, those might be mismatches, but the fact is all those guys you just named earned their spot in the UFC by making a name for themselves in smaller MMA shows. Everyone in the UFC is an accomplished MMA fighter, not true for Pride, So depth has to go to UFC by default.
justin eilers earned a title shot for losing to paul bentello one the previous card before this, try again pal.

the ufc brought in sean gannon becuase he beat kimbo slice in a street fight, if thats not a joke, then what is.
brownpimp88 is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios