UFC/Pride Debate - Page 6 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #51 of 283 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 04:20 PM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: greenville sc
Posts: 561
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
the reason for that is because the pride guys beat up on each other which causes them loses which naturally causes someone to fall in the rankings..is is like college football, when a team from a no name conference is undefeated and is ranked higher than say a team like Michigan that has 2 loses in the big ten..Just because Michigan has 2 loses they were to good teams, unlike(i duno) TCU who is undefeated but played noone..I dunno i tried to give you an anology, but basically what im saying is the Pride guys have more depth in their divisions and loses are more common than in the ufc where there is the champ than Everyone else.
I understood the analogy. Well thats an OK theory, but a bit shakey, and there is absolutely no way you can prove that. So it remains a theory and nothing more
Cbingham is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 283 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 04:20 PM
SugaRUSH!
 
brownpimp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrey, Canada
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbingham
Isnt Jeff Monson the HW Champ of Abu-Dabi? He has been on a pretty decent streak as a HW in the UFC so whats wrong with that?
he beat nobodies. see people bring up points and u make up excuses.
brownpimp88 is offline  
post #53 of 283 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 04:21 PM
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbingham
Isnt Jeff Monson the HW Champ of Abu-Dabi? He has been on a pretty decent streak as a HW in the UFC so whats wrong with that?
LOOK AT MONSONS RECORD..EVERY GOOD FIGHTER ON HERE, SCHOOLED MONSON, NOW HES FIGHTING FOR THE TITLE..JOKE
Win Marcio Cruz UFC 59-Reality Check 4/15/2006
Win Branden Lee Hinkle UFC 57 Liddell vs. Couture 3 2/4/2006
Win Marc-Emmanuel CWFC-Strike Force 4 11/26/2005
Win David Cole XFC Dome of Destruction 10/15/2005
Win Jay White SF 12-Breakout 9/16/2005
Win Rich Wilson Extreme Wars-X-1 7/2/2005
Win Tengiz Tedoradze CWFC-Ultimate Foce 4/30/2005
Win Jay White SF 12-Breakout 2/26/2005
Win Brian Stromberg SF 8-Justice 1/8/2005
Win Tengiz Tedoradze CWFC 9-Xtreme Xmas 12/18/2004
Win Pat Stano Euphoria Road to the Titles 10/15/2004
Win Carlost Clayton AFC-Brazil 1 8/28/2004
Win Don Richard IC 7-The Crucible 6/5/2004
Win Joe Nye Mass Destruction 12 8/16/2003
Win Mike Delaney Absolute Fighting Championships 4 7/19/2003
Loss Forrest Griffin WEFC 1-Bring It On 6/29/2002
Loss Ricco Rodgriquez UFC 35-Throwdown 1/11/2002
Win Roman Roytberg AMC-Revenge of the Warriors 7/21/2001
Loss Chuck Liddell UFC 29 Defense of the Belts 12/16/2000
Win Tim Lajcik UFC 27-Ultimate Bad Boyz 9/22/2000
Win Bob Gilstrap AMC-Return of the Gladiators 7/29/2000
Loss David Dodd Extreme Challenge 23 4/2/1999
Win Roger Neff Ultimate Ring Challenge 20 3/1/1999
Loss Tom Sauer Extreme Challenge 20 8/22/1998
Win John Renfroe Ultimate Warrior Challenge 8/2/1998
Win Cy Cross UFCF- Night of Champions 3/14/1998




Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline  
post #54 of 283 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 04:22 PM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: greenville sc
Posts: 561
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpimp88
he beat nobodies. see people bring up points and u make up excuses.
Thats why I said "decent" Jackass, man you are just desperate over ther arent you?
Cbingham is offline  
post #55 of 283 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: greenville sc
Posts: 561
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
LOOK AT MONSONS RECORD..EVERY GOOD FIGHTER ON HERE, SCHOOLED MONSON, NOW HES FIGHTING FOR THE TITLE..JOKE
Win Marcio Cruz UFC 59-Reality Check 4/15/2006
Win Branden Lee Hinkle UFC 57 Liddell vs. Couture 3 2/4/2006
Win Marc-Emmanuel CWFC-Strike Force 4 11/26/2005
Win David Cole XFC Dome of Destruction 10/15/2005
Win Jay White SF 12-Breakout 9/16/2005
Win Rich Wilson Extreme Wars-X-1 7/2/2005
Win Tengiz Tedoradze CWFC-Ultimate Foce 4/30/2005
Win Jay White SF 12-Breakout 2/26/2005
Win Brian Stromberg SF 8-Justice 1/8/2005
Win Tengiz Tedoradze CWFC 9-Xtreme Xmas 12/18/2004
Win Pat Stano Euphoria Road to the Titles 10/15/2004
Win Carlost Clayton AFC-Brazil 1 8/28/2004
Win Don Richard IC 7-The Crucible 6/5/2004
Win Joe Nye Mass Destruction 12 8/16/2003
Win Mike Delaney Absolute Fighting Championships 4 7/19/2003
Loss Forrest Griffin WEFC 1-Bring It On 6/29/2002
Loss Ricco Rodgriquez UFC 35-Throwdown 1/11/2002
Win Roman Roytberg AMC-Revenge of the Warriors 7/21/2001
Loss Chuck Liddell UFC 29 Defense of the Belts 12/16/2000
Win Tim Lajcik UFC 27-Ultimate Bad Boyz 9/22/2000
Win Bob Gilstrap AMC-Return of the Gladiators 7/29/2000
Loss David Dodd Extreme Challenge 23 4/2/1999
Win Roger Neff Ultimate Ring Challenge 20 3/1/1999
Loss Tom Sauer Extreme Challenge 20 8/22/1998
Win John Renfroe Ultimate Warrior Challenge 8/2/1998
Win Cy Cross UFCF- Night of Champions 3/14/1998
I know man, I know, but I am not building Monson up, you guys brought him up. So whats your point? Mark Coleman is fighting Fedor next, thats a joke too. Mark Coleman has long been washed up.
Cbingham is offline  
post #56 of 283 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 04:24 PM
SugaRUSH!
 
brownpimp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrey, Canada
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbingham
Thats why I said "decent" Jackass, man you are just desperate over ther arent you?
i aint the desperate one, i showed all those patheitc mismatches, justin eilers didnt do squat to get a title shot. keep dodging my points.
brownpimp88 is offline  
post #57 of 283 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 04:28 PM Thread Starter
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: greenville sc
Posts: 561
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownpimp88
i aint the desperate one, i showed all those patheitc mismatches, justin eilers didnt do squat to get a title shot. keep dodging my points.
Try to turn the tables huh? I am not dodging anything! I pointed out the flaw in your logic right away. All you did was name mismatches, but the fact remains that everyone that fights in the UFC earned it, and that is not true in Pride. You cant explain that one, you just cant. Who cares who got a title shot, half the guys in Pride shouldnt even be in the ring! thats my point, you cannot compare depth when you have fighters like that!
Cbingham is offline  
post #58 of 283 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 04:29 PM
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbingham
I know man, I know, but I am not building Monson up, you guys brought him up. So whats your point? Mark Coleman is fighting Fedor next, thats a joke too. Mark Coleman has long been washed up.
I AGREE, COLEMAN VS FEDOR IS A JOKE...ITS JUST A WARMUP FOR FEDOR AFTER THE INJURY..THAN THE BIG REMATCH WITH MIRKO




Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline  
post #59 of 283 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 04:30 PM
Megaweight
 
jdun11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Everett, MA
Posts: 5,961
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbingham
Try to turn the tables huh? I am not dodging anything! I pointed out the flaw in your logic right away. All you did was name mismatches, but the fact remains that everyone that fights in the UFC earned it, and that is not true in Pride. You cant explain that one, you just cant. Who cares who got a title shot, half the guys in Pride shouldnt even be in the ring! thats my point, you cannot compare depth when you have fighters like that!
NAME SOME OF THESE GUYS THAT HAVE NEVER FAUGHT B4 THAT ALL OF A SUDDEN END UP IN PRIDE




Mancrushes
1.Shogun
2.BJ
3.Fedor
4.Kos
5.GSP

Im in Porno's
jdun11 is offline  
post #60 of 283 (permalink) Old 09-27-2006, 04:32 PM
SugaRUSH!
 
brownpimp88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Surrey, Canada
Posts: 3,807
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbingham
Try to turn the tables huh? I am not dodging anything! I pointed out the flaw in your logic right away. All you did was name mismatches, but the fact remains that everyone that fights in the UFC earned it, and that is not true in Pride. You cant explain that one, you just cant. Who cares who got a title shot, half the guys in Pride shouldnt even be in the ring! thats my point, you cannot compare depth when you have fighters like that!
how did eilers earn a title shot, give me a ****in break. he lost his fight before that. No one took nate quarry seriously as a contender, everyone on forums laughed at him. Joe riggs is by no means a top contender. You're not pointing out any flaws
brownpimp88 is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome