The official: Cbingham/pt447, lets get it out in the open, thread! - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply

Old 10-04-2006, 08:20 AM   #21 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: greenville sc
Posts: 561
Cbingham has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
well Cbingham, on religion, i think we both agree... so, next subject... hmmm... homosexuality!

ok, i'm not saying "i'm for it", but i just honestly don't care. i think this argument of "family values" is bullshit, since so many people (heterosexuals) are getting devorsed, that whatever these "family values" are, obviously have nothing to do with heterosexuality.

that aside, i do believe that it is simply a genetic quirk. look, most of what we are, is programmed by our DNA, true, enviornment plays a huge role, but mostly, we are what we were born with. i don't think there is anything wrong with saying that homosexuality is a genetic quirk... i would also say it is a defect, since it is obviously natural for men and woman to like each other, since the sole prupouse of existance, is to perpetuate the species, and by being "gay" that kind of defeats the purpouse. but, i don't mean "defect" in a negative way... and again, its funny that gays take it wrong...

also, on a side note, i'm going to use the term "gay" since it is easier than writing homosexual a thousand times... not in a derrrogatory sense... funny, cause it goes along with what Cbingham was saying about the term "jap". anyway....

so, homosexuality is a genetic defect because it DOES go against the natural order of things... but, oh freaking well... how does it exactley hurt anyone. if what the church would have you believe is true, that "gayness" is a choice, then sure, you could forsee an epidemic of people choosing to be gay... but it isn't, so their idiotic argument holds no water.

so, homosexuality is a genetic mutation/quirk/defect, but it doesn't hurt anyone. and, the AIDS argument is dumb because there's plenty of heterosexual minoriteis that have AIDS... in fact, i'm sure that now, there is no great disparity in Gays and non-gays who have AIDS... its all pretty well spread around by ignorance and stupidity... not *****es in asses...lol...

i'm not gay, but i don't care if you are... there's plenty more problems then who sticks who in the bum!!!
Ok, here is how I stand on the issue. I have no problem with anyone being gay, I could not fight that battle, homosexuality is far from new, hell Alexander the Great was gay! But I can fight gay marriage, I do not think its right for 2 main reasons, 1 being that marriage is supposed to be the union of a man and a women, and 2 being gay families adopting children, now before anyone jumps down my throat I AM NOT SAYIN THE SAME THING AS MMAFREAK that was pretty dumb! My problem with a gay couple adopting is this, that child would then be subject to its parents gay life-style, I think it would corrupt the child, and possibly turn the child into a homosexual, lets face it your parents are the biggest influence in your life. If homosexuality is a genetic thing or a choice it should be expressed in private. I just can't stand how flambouyant gays are, there is no need for a gay man to try and sound like a women when he talks, or act like a women, they are still men and should behave like one, I dont go around flaunting how heterosexual I am! That ismy only problem with it. If you are gay, keep it to yourself, I dont need to know your sexual orientation!
Cbingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-04-2006, 08:36 AM   #22 (permalink)
GO BEARS!
 
asskicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 3,763
asskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enough
I agree with Cbingham. Thats why I dont want gay marriages pt447. I also dont think they should be married because they contribute no more to society being married then they do not being married, because they cant reproduce. Not saying you need to be married to reproduce but its a good idea because I dont think anyone wants a bunch of kids with different moms or dads. Child supports a *****. But I think you get what Im sayin
__________________
14-1 in Forum Bets
asskicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:54 AM   #23 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbingham
Ok, here is how I stand on the issue. I have no problem with anyone being gay, I could not fight that battle, homosexuality is far from new, hell Alexander the Great was gay! But I can fight gay marriage, I do not think its right for 2 main reasons, 1 being that marriage is supposed to be the union of a man and a women, and 2 being gay families adopting children, now before anyone jumps down my throat I AM NOT SAYIN THE SAME THING AS MMAFREAK that was pretty dumb! My problem with a gay couple adopting is this, that child would then be subject to its parents gay life-style, I think it would corrupt the child, and possibly turn the child into a homosexual, lets face it your parents are the biggest influence in your life. If homosexuality is a genetic thing or a choice it should be expressed in private. I just can't stand how flambouyant gays are, there is no need for a gay man to try and sound like a women when he talks, or act like a women, they are still men and should behave like one, I dont go around flaunting how heterosexual I am! That ismy only problem with it. If you are gay, keep it to yourself, I dont need to know your sexual orientation!
while i don't fully agree with your argument... i do with most... so, as per the rules of this little thread... next topic! lol

hmmm...

the refusal by our government to allow the unrestricted testing of stem cells!
__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:55 AM   #24 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by asskicker
I agree with Cbingham. Thats why I dont want gay marriages pt447. I also dont think they should be married because they contribute no more to society being married then they do not being married, because they cant reproduce. Not saying you need to be married to reproduce but its a good idea because I dont think anyone wants a bunch of kids with different moms or dads. Child supports a *****. But I think you get what Im sayin
cool cool, all i ask is for a thought out response, not just blanket statements. you responed intellegently... thanks!

actually, i relly liked how you brought up the "can't reproduce" thing. like i've said, i don't care if you're gay, it doesn't hurt anyone, but it IS against the natural order of things... the entire point of life, is to continue life...

very interesting though, how nature would produce homosexualit.. in various creatures, not just humanity... or is it just god playing a joke? lol
__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:55 AM   #25 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: greenville sc
Posts: 561
Cbingham has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by asskicker
I agree with Cbingham. Thats why I dont want gay marriages pt447. I also dont think they should be married because they contribute no more to society being married then they do not being married, because they cant reproduce. Not saying you need to be married to reproduce but its a good idea because I dont think anyone wants a bunch of kids with different moms or dads. Child supports a *****. But I think you get what Im sayin
I am gonna take a wild stab in the dark here and say that you are a Chicago Bears fan! The bears are my second pick for the super bowl this year, second only to my struggling Carolina Panthers. But the bears are NASTY this year!
Cbingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 08:57 AM   #26 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: greenville sc
Posts: 561
Cbingham has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
while i don't fully agree with your argument... i do with most... so, as per the rules of this little thread... next topic! lol

hmmm...

the refusal by our government to allow the unrestricted testing of stem cells!
I dont know too much about that one, let me read about it and we will come back to it
Cbingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:04 AM   #27 (permalink)
LEGEND
 
putmeonhold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Ottawa, Canada
Posts: 1,684
putmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enoughputmeonhold will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbingham
I have to agree with you here. also there are SO many holes in most religions I just cant beleive that most people buy it. Then you have people telling you to have "faith", well if you really think about it, Faith is a reason that you should not question, it is to control dangerous thought, dangerous that is to religious leaders. I could go on and on but the bottom line is I agree. Now I think most religions are not exactly dangerous today, but we all know which one is dangerous. lets look at something here, The muslim community is outraged for being portayed as a violent religion, true not all Muslims are terrorists BUT ALL TERRORISTS ARE MUSLIM. get it? got it? good.
The Pope recently quoted a long dead catholic as saying the Muslim religion is one of violence, so Muslim fanaticals went out and killed a nun in retaliation. That is rediculous, they are pissed for being called violent, so they go out and execute an innocent nun? I dont get it.

I am going home for the day. Anybody else feel free to jump in, ask questions, state your point of view! get this thread jumping so when I get to work tomorow I have something to do!
I agree with your overall point, but saying all terrorists are muslim is a horrible arguement. The unibomber, the hells angels, the FLQ, and nazi's were (or are) also terrorists. Terrorism is a tactic that reaches very far back into history and almost every culter has experienced and propagated this strategy.

Muslim terrorists make up a miniscule of the muslim population. The same thing happens with christianity. Just look how many racists in the states use the bible to back up their opinions.
__________________
Let's Bang!
putmeonhold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:16 AM   #28 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: greenville sc
Posts: 561
Cbingham has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by putmeonhold
I agree with your overall point, but saying all terrorists are muslim is a horrible arguement. The unibomber, the hells angels, the FLQ, and nazi's were (or are) also terrorists. Terrorism is a tactic that reaches very far back into history and almost every culter has experienced and propagated this strategy.

Muslim terrorists make up a miniscule of the muslim population. The same thing happens with christianity. Just look how many racists in the states use the bible to back up their opinions.
Well I am actually glad you brought this up. When I said that, I was refferring to the people that we are at war with, and was giving an example of the ideology that we are dealing with. I am well aware of Timmy the unibomber, and KKK and all that. But I was just talking about the muslims, and the religous aspect of it. They claim to be a religion of peace, but it seems to me that it is one of violence and propoganda, The Qu'ran preaches that muslims will be rewarded in paradise for killing infadels! Muslsim leaders jump up in arms at the slightest provocation, the Pope quotes someone about Muslims, and they go out and execute a nun. Basically all I was saying is the Muslim religion plays a huge part influencing these evil people that we are fighting.
Cbingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:33 AM   #29 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by putmeonhold
I agree with your overall point, but saying all terrorists are muslim is a horrible arguement. The unibomber, the hells angels, the FLQ, and nazi's were (or are) also terrorists. Terrorism is a tactic that reaches very far back into history and almost every culter has experienced and propagated this strategy.

Muslim terrorists make up a miniscule of the muslim population. The same thing happens with christianity. Just look how many racists in the states use the bible to back up their opinions.
yeah... not all terrorists are muslim, and not all muslims are terrorists... its a shame people think that... but at the same time, what exactley has the muslim community done to dissuade such beliefs? odd... still, there are plenty of examples of non-muslim terrorists... just that recently, it seems they all are!
__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 09:36 AM   #30 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbingham
Well I am actually glad you brought this up. When I said that, I was refferring to the people that we are at war with, and was giving an example of the ideology that we are dealing with. I am well aware of Timmy the unibomber, and KKK and all that. But I was just talking about the muslims, and the religous aspect of it. They claim to be a religion of peace, but it seems to me that it is one of violence and propoganda, The Qu'ran preaches that muslims will be rewarded in paradise for killing infadels! Muslsim leaders jump up in arms at the slightest provocation, the Pope quotes someone about Muslims, and they go out and execute a nun. Basically all I was saying is the Muslim religion plays a huge part influencing these evil people that we are fighting.
the problem is... jihad is being stretched to mean something it doesn't. the true concept of jihad, is to repel invaders who seek to infiltrate and destroy islam. the fact is, that nobody is trying to destroy islam, its just the hitler/jews argument all over. the islamic world is trying to modernize, and the people in power, or whomever else, don't like that. they want their people to stay ignorant and un-modern. hitler blamed the jews for germany's ecomony, yet it was the jews who where actually helping it along.

a muslim believes that fighting infidels is a holy mission... but the fact is, that going out and actively seeking a target that has never attempted to destroy islam, isn't that very mission.

this is just another example of how the very intellegent and "evil" can manipulate people's faith into believing whatever they say. in fact, this is a prime example of the terrible consequences of living a life of faith! (generalization, sure... but not by much) by giving your life over to a "higher power", you can explain away and rationalize any action taken against your fellow man.
__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios