Gay Marriage - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

View Poll Results: Are you for or against gay marriage rights?

For 38 60.32%
Against 25 39.68%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 06-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMW View Post
I'm for it. I don't see any logical reason why they shouldn't be allowed.

I'm also for gay adoption. I'm fine with that too, I've read studies showing they will be raised the same, some day otherwise, but then I consider how many hetersexual terrible parents there are.
Gay parenting is probably not the ideal way of being raised right now, but it's hardly the worst.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo333 View Post
Personaly i think if two people want to make a commitment to each other, whatever sex they are then good for them.As for adoption if a gay couple whether it be men or women, can offer a loving home to a child that need's one then i don't see the problem.

Gay adoption would be awful, no matter how good the parents were, because of the society we live in.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 06-16-2008, 01:03 PM   #22 (permalink)
Bad boys bad boys!
 
pauly_j's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: GY, England
Posts: 2,478
pauly_j Is Respected By All He Crossespauly_j Is Respected By All He Crossespauly_j Is Respected By All He Crossespauly_j Is Respected By All He Crossespauly_j Is Respected By All He Crossespauly_j Is Respected By All He Crossespauly_j Is Respected By All He Crossespauly_j Is Respected By All He Crossespauly_j Is Respected By All He Crossespauly_j Is Respected By All He Crossespauly_j Is Respected By All He Crosses
You totally did! You said they should struggle against it! I also said I appreciate your opinion. Do you think religions which sacrifice humans to the sun god are A.OK? Religion HAS to evolve or it fails.

Edit: To Kamikaze.
__________________
NYBA Champ @ 170!
BEST EVA!
pauly_j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:05 PM   #23 (permalink)
MMA fighter
 
kamikaze145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 2,575
Blog Entries: 7
kamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
I said struggle against it meaning not dating/having sex with guys. Or girls if you are a lesbian not that you should have to date the opposite sex.

Obviously I dont think you should sacrifice people to sun gods. When making an argument you have to be realistic.
kamikaze145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
doburg717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: perth, australia
Posts: 458
doburg717 will become famous soon enoughdoburg717 will become famous soon enoughdoburg717 will become famous soon enoughdoburg717 will become famous soon enoughdoburg717 will become famous soon enoughdoburg717 will become famous soon enoughdoburg717 will become famous soon enough
it depends on whther you mean religious or state marriage, i do beleive gays can have a legal relationship that is an equivalent of marriage but then theres as huge grey area on where the church comes in, if the church says gays cant get married( from a religious pov) its their choice

btw i say no, tbh i think marriage is between a man and a woman and its just my belief
doburg717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:08 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze145 View Post
I said struggle against it meaning not dating/having sex with guys. Or girls if you are a lesbian not that you should have to date the opposite sex.

Obviously I dont think you should sacrifice people to sun gods. When making an argument you have to be realistic.
Is the fact that a book that is thousands of years old says it's wrong the only reason you believe it to be a sin?

Do you believe Eve was created from Adams rib and then ****ed the entire human race over by listening to a talking sanke?
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:09 PM   #26 (permalink)
GMW
International Stalker
 
GMW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 5,203
Blog Entries: 2
GMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He CrossesGMW Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation View Post
Gay adoption would be awful, no matter how good the parents were, because of the society we live in.
Yeah, I considered that and I think it would be fine.
__________________

Credit to ThaMuffinMan
GMW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:12 PM   #27 (permalink)
Bantamweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Ireland
Posts: 595
mickkelly12 is on another level nowmickkelly12 is on another level nowmickkelly12 is on another level nowmickkelly12 is on another level nowmickkelly12 is on another level nowmickkelly12 is on another level nowmickkelly12 is on another level nowmickkelly12 is on another level nowmickkelly12 is on another level nowmickkelly12 is on another level nowmickkelly12 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze145 View Post
Everyone is tested. Try reading the book of Job.

I personally am against gay marriage, so no I wouldnt want it to be legal. I am not going to vote yes on gay marriage because of the seperation of church and state. I really dont think making gay marriage legal would do that much. There are gays now and there would still be gays, the only difference being some of them would be married, but that doesnt mean I am going to support it.
story of job always sounded like a way to keep faith in the face of adversity not deny your basic instincts
mickkelly12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:13 PM   #28 (permalink)
MMA fighter
 
kamikaze145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: West Carrollton, Ohio
Posts: 2,575
Blog Entries: 7
kamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatkamikaze145 Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
Let me say one thing, I dont think that anything at this point will stop gays from getting rights and becoming a protected class. It is going to happen, and very soon. I am a christian so yes I believe in the bible. I dont need anyone telling me how stupid it is and how unrealistic they think the bible is. The bible is open for interpretation and not everything in it meant to be taken literally. I dont agree with gay marriage but obviously the majority does. I have faith and like I said believe in the word of God. I am going to bail out of this debate because I feel like I have put my opinion out there for you guys.
kamikaze145 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:17 PM   #29 (permalink)
Flyweight
 
doburg717's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: perth, australia
Posts: 458
doburg717 will become famous soon enoughdoburg717 will become famous soon enoughdoburg717 will become famous soon enoughdoburg717 will become famous soon enoughdoburg717 will become famous soon enoughdoburg717 will become famous soon enoughdoburg717 will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation View Post
Is the fact that a book that is thousands of years old says it's wrong the only reason you believe it to be a sin?

Do you believe Eve was created from Adams rib and then ****ed the entire human race over by listening to a talking sanke?
tbh that greatly weakens your argument, if you wna know my thoughts on the church go back to the religion debate but its been acknowledged that alot of the stories in the bible are parables to teach life lessons ect, rather then conveying a point it just seems a weak attack
doburg717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2008, 01:19 PM   #30 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMW View Post
Yeah, I considered that and I think it would be fine.
Oh come on. Imagine the bulying. There is no way it would be "fine".

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamikaze145 View Post
Let me say one thing, I dont think that anything at this point will stop gays from getting rights and becoming a protected class. It is going to happen, and very soon. I am a christian so yes I believe in the bible. I dont need anyone telling me how stupid it is and how unrealistic they think the bible is. The bible is open for interpretation and not everything in it meant to be taken literally. I dont agree with gay marriage but obviously the majority does. I have faith and like I said believe in the word of God. I am going to bail out of this debate because I feel like I have put my opinion out there for you guys.
I like when people decide to take only certain things from the bible literally.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios