Darwin Awards - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 12:08 AM Thread Starter
Champ
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
yorT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 3,541
                     
Darwin Awards

Here some funny ones I found:



In Detroit , a 41-year-old man got stuck and drowned in two feet of water after squeezing head first through an 18-inch-wide sewer grate to retrieve his car keys.


---------------------

A 49-year-old San Francisco stockbroker, who ‘totally zoned when he ran,’ accidentally, jogged off a 100-foot high cliff on his daily run.


------------------------

While at the beach, Daniel Jones, 21, dug an 8 foot hole for protection from the wind and had been sitting in a beach chair at the bottom when it collapsed, burying him beneath 5 feet of sand. People on the beach used their hands and shovels trying to get him out but could not reach him. It took rescue workers using heavy equipment almost an hour to free him.
Jones was pronounced dead at a hospital.

----------------------------------

Santiago Alvarado, 24, was killed as he fell through the ceiling of a bicycle shop he was burglarizing. Death was caused when the long flashlight he had placed in his mouth to keep his hands free rammed into the base of his skull as he hit the floor.

--------------------------------------

Sylvester Briddell, Jr., 26, was killed as he won a bet with friends who said he would not put a revolver loaded with four bullets into his mouth and pull the trigger.
-----------------------------------------------

After stepping around a marked police patrol car parked at the front door, a man walked into H&J Leather & Firearms intent on robbing the store. The shop was full of customers and a uniformed officer was standing at the counter. Upon seeing the officer, the would-be robber announced a hold-up, and fired a few wild shots from a target pistol. The officer and a clerk
promptly returned fire, and several customers also drew their guns and fired. The robber was pronounced dead at the scene by Paramedics. Crime scene investigators located 47 expended cartridge cases in the shop. The subsequent autopsy revealed 23 gunshot wounds. Ballistics identified rounds from 7 different weapons. No one else was hurt.

-----------------------------------------

Paul Stiller, 47, and his wife Bonnie were bored just driving around at 2 A.M. so they lit a quarter stick of dynamite to toss out the window to see what would happen. Apparently they failed to notice the window was closed.

------------------------------------------

Kerry Bingham had been drinking with several friends when one of them said they knew a person who had bungee-jumped from a local bridge in the middle of traffic. The conversation grew more heated and at least 10 men trooped along the walkway of the bridge at 4:30 AM. Upon arrival at the midpoint of the bridge they discovered that no one had brought a bungee rope.

--------------------------------------------------

Bingham, who had continued drinking, volunteered and pointed out that a coil of lineman’s cable, lay near by. They secured one end around Bingham’s leg and then tied the other to the bridge. His fall lasted 40 feet before the cable tightened and tore his foot off at the ankle. He
miraculously survived his fall into the icy water and was rescued by two nearby fishermen. Bingham’s foot was never located.

-----------------------------------------------

Zookeeper Friedrich Riesfeldt ( Paderborn , Germany ) fed his constipated elephant 22 doses of animal laxative and more than a bushel of berries, figs and prunes before the plugged-up pachyderm finally got relief.

Investigators say ill-fated Friedrich, 46, was attempting to give the ailing elephant an olive oil enema when the relieved beast unloaded. The sheer force of the elephant’s unexpected defecation knocked Mr. Riesfeldt to the ground where he struck his head on a rock as the elephant continued to evacuate 200 pounds of dung on top of him.

It seems to be just one of those freak accidents that proves.. ’shit happens’.




FFL 3rd +90
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Demian Maia
Martin Kampmann
Nate Diaz
yorT is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 02:54 AM
-I came|I saw|I failed-
 
plazzman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: The plazzVan
Posts: 9,734
Blog Entries: 3
                     









plazzman is offline  
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 02:58 AM
.:Jeet Kune Do:.
 
NikosCC's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Philadelphia
Posts: 5,679
                     
HAHAH Holding up a Truck with 2x4's is the best hah


.:H.O.F. Inductee:.
.:GFX-H.O.F. Inductee:.
NikosCC is offline  
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 11:12 AM Thread Starter
Champ
Image Hosting by Picoodle.com
 
yorT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: NC
Posts: 3,541
                     
Plazz, you took pics of yourself working?




FFL 3rd +90
Mauricio "Shogun" Rua
Demian Maia
Martin Kampmann
Nate Diaz
yorT is offline  
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 12:03 PM
Banned
 
XitUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,719
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by yorT View Post

Kerry Bingham had been drinking with several friends when one of them said they knew a person who had bungee-jumped from a local bridge in the middle of traffic. The conversation grew more heated and at least 10 men trooped along the walkway of the bridge at 4:30 AM. Upon arrival at the midpoint of the bridge they discovered that no one had brought a bungee rope.


Bingham, who had continued drinking, volunteered and pointed out that a coil of lineman’s cable, lay near by. They secured one end around Bingham’s leg and then tied the other to the bridge. His fall lasted 40 feet before the cable tightened and tore his foot off at the ankle. He
miraculously survived his fall into the icy water and was rescued by two nearby fishermen. Bingham’s foot was never located.
How would this get a Darwin Award if he survived?

Some pretty funny stuff there.
XitUp is offline  
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 12:29 PM
Back In Black
 
Chrisl972's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Winter Haven, Fl
Posts: 4,185
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by XitUp View Post
How would this get a Darwin Award if he survived?

Some pretty funny stuff there.
They have Honorable Mentions to go along with the awards themselves. It's for the really stupid people that just missed being killed.

Chrisl972 is offline  
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 12:34 PM
Banned
 
XitUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,719
                     
Oh man. Someone should try to kill themself in a stupid way and fail, that would be amazing.
XitUp is offline  
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 12:47 PM
 
Composure's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 1,722
                     
Quote:
Santiago Alvarado, 24, was killed as he fell through the ceiling of a bicycle shop he was burglarizing. Death was caused when the long flashlight he had placed in his mouth to keep his hands free rammed into the base of his skull as he hit the floor.
I'd be embarassed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
Composure, your one of my fav posters here so I mean this in a sincere way, please keep your hair as far away from long ever again! Lol
Composure is offline  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 02:20 PM
Rangers rule
 
MalkyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 2,330
Blog Entries: 3
                     
"Sylvester Briddell, Jr., 26, was killed as he won a bet with friends who said he would not put a revolver loaded with four bullets into his mouth and pull the trigger."


this is my personal favourite he may have died but he died a winner.

you can also get darwin awards for removing yourself from the gene pool, so if you were to badly damage your genitals you could be awarded one.



Thanks to Plazz for the awesome sig

http://www.mmaforum.com/hall-fame/47...-plazzman.html

Show him respect
MalkyBoy is offline  
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 09-26-2008, 03:04 PM
International Stalker
 
MJB23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 6,786
                     
Quote:
While at the beach, Daniel Jones, 21, dug an 8 foot hole for protection from the wind and had been sitting in a beach chair at the bottom when it collapsed, burying him beneath 5 feet of sand. People on the beach used their hands and shovels trying to get him out but could not reach him. It took rescue workers using heavy equipment almost an hour to free him.
Jones was pronounced dead at a hospital.
I saw this happen to a kid at the beach in Rhode Island. They were digging a big hole when it collapsed on him and he was buried under like 6 feet of sand. People tried to dig him out and the firemen had to get a backhoe to get him out. He was still alive after being buried for like 8 minutes but died the next day in the hospital. It was pretty scary to see.

Some of those are really funny tho. It's amazing how stupid people can be.
MJB23 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome