It's sh*t like this that makes scientists look bad... - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 11:52 AM Thread Starter
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameleon
It is morally wrong to do embryonic research on any living creature on Earth. We can't play God, only he and he alone has that kind of power. There are no truly great benefits that would come of this.
it's not playing god, we're taking cells from a nudeveloped cretaure to help in research that WOULD benefit those already alive. the cells they take aren't from human beings, they aren't alive. they have no nervous systems, can't feel anything, aren't aware of their existanse or anything. doing reserach on a bundle of unformed cells is more important than "protecting life" where no life exists!!!

whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 12:00 PM
This is SPARTA!
 
Kameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 5,495
Blog Entries: 4
                     
Please, people use the same arguement when talking about abortions. How the fetus doesnt' feel pain because of a lack of a "nervous system", how do you know the cell doesn't feel pain? Research like this along with cloning will only brings more problems to this troubled world of ours.


Kameleon is offline  
post #13 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 12:35 PM Thread Starter
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameleon
[B]Please, people use the same arguement when talking about abortions. How the fetus doesnt' feel pain because of a lack of a "nervous system", how do you know the cell doesn't feel pain? B]
that is by far, one of the most ignorant statements i've ever heard!!! asking questions like that, makes me terrified for this country if religion is allowed to have its way...

i know the fetus doesn't feel pain, because it doesn't have a nervou system... without one, pain is impossible!!! that's just a fact! i mean, just because you "believe" that it is alive, doesn't mean it is! just because religion likes to pretend human's aren't animals, doesn't make it true. the bundle of cells the stemcells are taken from are in no way a human being! it isn't alive!

all you have to do is study biology to understand all this... but of course, religion wouldn't want anyone to do that...

the fact is, you can't just choose to ignore the fact that without a nervous system, pain, as well as any sensory possibility is impossible!!!! it's just a fact that religious people choose to ignore. (along with many others)

whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino

Last edited by pt447; 11-07-2006 at 12:38 PM.
pt447 is offline  
post #14 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 05:13 PM
1 2 3 Blast Off!
 
TheSuplexor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,972
                     

moooooo----wahhhhhhh------lol

Mac Danzig and his bird feeder once visited the Virgin Islands. They are now The Islands.
Mac Danzig can kill two fighters with one bird feeder.
Superman owns a pair of Mac Danzig bird feeder pajamas.
TheSuplexor is offline  
post #15 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 05:30 PM Thread Starter
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by doublelegtakedown

moooooo----wahhhhhhh------lol
that's one of the best responses i've ever seen! bravo, rep!

whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline  
post #16 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 05:50 PM
1 2 3 Blast Off!
 
TheSuplexor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 2,972
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
that's one of the best responses i've ever seen! bravo, rep!
you guys were rambling about all this scientific stuff....so time for a pic.

Mac Danzig and his bird feeder once visited the Virgin Islands. They are now The Islands.
Mac Danzig can kill two fighters with one bird feeder.
Superman owns a pair of Mac Danzig bird feeder pajamas.
TheSuplexor is offline  
post #17 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 06:20 PM
This is SPARTA!
 
Kameleon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Houston, Texas
Posts: 5,495
Blog Entries: 4
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
that is by far, one of the most ignorant statements i've ever heard!!! asking questions like that, makes me terrified for this country if religion is allowed to have its way...

i know the fetus doesn't feel pain, because it doesn't have a nervou system... without one, pain is impossible!!! that's just a fact! i mean, just because you "believe" that it is alive, doesn't mean it is! just because religion likes to pretend human's aren't animals, doesn't make it true. the bundle of cells the stemcells are taken from are in no way a human being! it isn't alive!

all you have to do is study biology to understand all this... but of course, religion wouldn't want anyone to do that...

the fact is, you can't just choose to ignore the fact that without a nervous system, pain, as well as any sensory possibility is impossible!!!! it's just a fact that religious people choose to ignore. (along with many others)
LOL. I got you to go on a rant.

The above statements were made for your enjoyment. We need stem cell research and I could give a **** about religion.


Kameleon is offline  
post #18 of 18 (permalink) Old 11-07-2006, 08:07 PM Thread Starter
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kameleon
LOL. I got you to go on a rant.

The above statements were made for your enjoyment. We need stem cell research and I could give a **** about religion.
really? awsome! i know wouldluv2fightu likes when i rant so he'll enjoy reading all this! you did a pretty good job of making me think you were an asshole! strangely, i remember while i was typing my responses, i sort of thought that i remember you not thinking the way you were posting! lol... i suck

whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome