Gunman Goes Mental Kills 9 and Himself - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply

Old 03-11-2009, 12:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
Banned
 
XitUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,719
XitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by name goes here View Post
The most argumentative poster on mmaforum has an argument with me! Shocker! Unfortunately me explaining anything to you hinges on you being able to read and understand.
Well done on proving his point.
XitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-11-2009, 01:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Thug Life
 
Suvaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,345
Suvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A BallerSuvaco Is A Baller
Quote:
Originally Posted by name goes here View Post
The most argumentative poster on mmaforum has an argument with me! Shocker! Unfortunately me explaining anything to you hinges on you being able to read and understand.
you said something stupid and are being called out on it. Don't start insulting other people because you don't know how to argue a point.
Suvaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:33 PM   #23 (permalink)
Rangers rule
 
MalkyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 2,330
Blog Entries: 3
MalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation View Post
Those kind of crimes are completely different to shooting rampages carried out by "mentalists" which are a HUGE problem in the US and basically non-existent over here.

Don't even bring the IRA into this, which is yet again a completely different situation. Like it or not, the IRA and it's splinter groups are still the remenants of the legitimate Irish Republican Army who fought for our independance, however far they have strayed they still recieve support and justification based on this. Trying to compare their abilities and actions to crazy people who go on shooting rampages makes no sense.

And to your edit, no gun control won't completely stop everyone getting guns. It is hpowever highly effective in preventing people like this getting guns(and thus preventing actions like his) and makes it harder for criminals to get guns.
Sorry for the delay I've had my worst day at work in ages

I'm not against gun control I actually favour it, however my point is that if people want to get guns they will as demonstrated by the graph which shows gun crime in the UK post 97 when laws tightened gun crime has increased



With regards to the IRA I do not see why they should be discounted,it has been years since any attacks. I do not think their actions of late have been justified by the actions of the past.
__________________


Thanks to Plazz for the awesome sig

http://www.mmaforum.com/hall-fame/47...-plazzman.html

Show him respect
MalkyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:50 PM   #24 (permalink)
Megaweight
 
CornbreadBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,569
CornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By AllCornbreadBB Is Beloved By All
Everybody just hold on a minute! We call them gas stations, not petrol stations.
__________________


CornbreadBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:19 PM   #25 (permalink)
Banned
 
XitUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,719
XitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He Crosses
Gotta love a culture who calls a liquid 'gas'.
XitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 03:44 PM   #26 (permalink)
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
 
ZZtigerZZ81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,065
Blog Entries: 3
ZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by XitUp View Post
Gotta love a culture who calls a liquid 'gas'.
Just because we don't want to say it in its full form, gasoline, doesn't make us unlovable. Just lazy, even in speech.
__________________
ZZtigerZZ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:11 PM   #27 (permalink)
Banned
 
XitUp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: UK
Posts: 2,719
XitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He CrossesXitUp Is Respected By All He Crosses
It's the reason alkyeeda hates y'all.
XitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:24 PM   #28 (permalink)
Middleweight
 
Steph05050's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Alabama
Posts: 2,898
Blog Entries: 5
Steph05050 Is Beloved By AllSteph05050 Is Beloved By AllSteph05050 Is Beloved By AllSteph05050 Is Beloved By AllSteph05050 Is Beloved By AllSteph05050 Is Beloved By AllSteph05050 Is Beloved By AllSteph05050 Is Beloved By AllSteph05050 Is Beloved By AllSteph05050 Is Beloved By AllSteph05050 Is Beloved By All
http://www.wsfa.com/Global/story.asp?S=9982408

video inside the link...this is from my local news.....


ZZ yes here in alabama u can walk into walmart and buy a gun...the worker will call someone (i guess verification of license or something)..but takes not time really
__________________


My GFX
Steph05050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:34 PM   #29 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalkyBoy View Post
Sorry for the delay I've had my worst day at work in ages

I'm not against gun control I actually favour it, however my point is that if people want to get guns they will as demonstrated by the graph which shows gun crime in the UK post 97 when laws tightened gun crime has increased



With regards to the IRA I do not see why they should be discounted,it has been years since any attacks. I do not think their actions of late have been justified by the actions of the past.
Yes, people will. But not people like this guy, not normal people like him, me and you. I can't walk into the home of a powerful organised crime figure and place an order for a few pistols and an automatic rifle. And criminals, for the most part, don't use their weapons to shoot the general public, they use them in gangland disputes.

Reasoning why the IRA should be discounted, their crimes, gun related or not, are not viewed and in the past have not been dealt with like ordinary criminals. And an organisation that powerful can be stopped from doing very little, nevermind importing guns. I don't think they have any justification, but that doesn't mean people in their communities are not going to.

Naem goes here, I can read your arguments, but I can't understand them. For instance, your argument that medication was innefective in rehabilitating criminals becaue
Quote:
No pill yet cures breaking the law
had me very perplexed.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #30 (permalink)
Rangers rule
 
MalkyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 2,330
Blog Entries: 3
MalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For GreatnessMalkyBoy Is Destined For Greatness
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation View Post
Yes, people will. But not people like this guy, not normal people like him, me and you. I can't walk into the home of a powerful organised crime figure and place an order for a few pistols and an automatic rifle. And criminals, for the most part, don't use their weapons to shoot the general public, they use them in gangland disputes.

Reasoning why the IRA should be discounted, their crimes, gun related or not, are not viewed and in the past have not been dealt with like ordinary criminals. And an organisation that powerful can be stopped from doing very little, nevermind importing guns. I don't think they have any justification, but that doesn't mean people in their communities are not going to.

Naem goes here, I can read your arguments, but I can't understand them. For instance, your argument that medication was innefective in rehabilitating criminals becaue

had me very perplexed.
You just grouped a mass murderer as a normal person like me and you. I do not take kindly to that. A few years back I worked in a call centre with a guy who could get me guns. I doubt he would have, but he was in a position to get firearms just by growing up in a dodgy area.

During the troubles I can see why the IRA were viewed differently, but post cease fire I do not really see why they should be treated differently although if caught they will probably face harsher penalties.
__________________


Thanks to Plazz for the awesome sig

http://www.mmaforum.com/hall-fame/47...-plazzman.html

Show him respect
MalkyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios