Insane christian - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 05:24 PM
The Revolution
 
SimplyNate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,018
                     
I guess I am a half human hate monger!

SimplyNate is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 06:01 PM
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
                     
sigh*

I've seen hundred of christians on campus like this ranting and raving. Its so hard to tell which people are nuts and which people will break down and start shooting people.

RIP innocent person



If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline  
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 06:12 PM
Megaweight
 
CornbreadBB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 5,569
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post

Its so hard to tell which people are nuts and which people will break down and start shooting people.
No it's not. The ones that have Jesus in their life wont...or will. I forget which one.



CornbreadBB is offline  
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 08:04 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 361
                     
Its sad that these are the christians that get represented in the media more often than not. Sure their are some crazy ones, but for the most part were good people.
MenorcanMadman is offline  
post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 10:48 PM
Thug Life
 
Suvaco's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 4,345
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenorcanMadman View Post
Its sad that these are the christians that get represented in the media more often than not. Sure their are some crazy ones, but for the most part were good people.
Are you trying to say the media is anti-Christian?
Suvaco is offline  
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-15-2009, 11:46 PM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 361
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suvaco View Post
Are you trying to say the media is anti-Christian?
No, im saying these crazy people make a better story so thats usually what you will see. And it leads people to the conclusion that christians are crazy super religious nut jobs when most of them are just good hard working people. Their not anti-christian, this is just the representation people see because it is what will draw in more viewers. Im a christian, and it sucks that their are crazy christians out their, but it just seems we get lumped in.
MenorcanMadman is offline  
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 12:24 AM
"I <3 Trolls"
 
TraMaI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,923
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenorcanMadman View Post
No, im saying these crazy people make a better story so thats usually what you will see. And it leads people to the conclusion that christians are crazy super religious nut jobs when most of them are just good hard working people. Their not anti-christian, this is just the representation people see because it is what will draw in more viewers. Im a christian, and it sucks that their are crazy christians out their, but it just seems we get lumped in.
Funny thing is that most Atheists are too! Who would've thought that eh?
TraMaI is offline  
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 03:25 AM
Flyweight
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 361
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by TraMaI View Post
Funny thing is that most Atheists are too! Who would've thought that eh?
Me, my best friends an atheist, she is the best person I know. And ive got plenty of friends who are atheists, plenty of friends who are christians. Religious beliefs dont make you a good or bad person, and ive never thought that. I just hate what seems to be the new accepted view of christianity that were all stupid, ignorant, hate mongers or something. When reality is that for the most part were just good hardworking people like everyone else.
MenorcanMadman is offline  
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 03:48 AM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,918
                     
and let the stupid cycle of religion vs atheist argument begin again. Atheists say they just want science to be taught in schools and religion left to church, christians claim that the bible is science and evolution theory is a religon, atheists point out that scientific evidence has never significantly demonstrated proof of any modern theology and that they only support the most reasonable scientific conclusion, christians point out that their faith has nothing to do with evidence because hey, it's faith, and the cycle continues...

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is offline  
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-16-2009, 04:44 AM
"I <3 Trolls"
 
TraMaI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,923
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by MenorcanMadman View Post
Me, my best friends an atheist, she is the best person I know. And ive got plenty of friends who are atheists, plenty of friends who are christians. Religious beliefs dont make you a good or bad person, and ive never thought that. I just hate what seems to be the new accepted view of christianity that were all stupid, ignorant, hate mongers or something. When reality is that for the most part were just good hardworking people like everyone else.
I wasn taiming that specifically at ou if you thought that. I was aiming at the christians who do think that way. The ones who call us scum of the earth and satan spawn lol. My Fiance is a Christian believe it or not *cant wait for that wedding* and we get along totally fine. The people who take religions to extremes tend to make bad names for all of them but I'm mature enough to talk to someone and get to know them before I judge them on things like that.
TraMaI is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome