Scriptural Inconsistencies - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply

Old 12-12-2006, 06:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by asskicker
This is an interesting thread and i have no problem with it. But pt do you really get offended when people refer to Christmas. Does being atheist mean you do nothing of the Christmas sort?
i didn't say that, and if you check, i said my "offense" to being wished a Merry Christmas was sarcasm. i couldn't care less, but it IS proof that anyone who wishes anyone they don't know a Merry Christmas is simply assuming "everyone" is Christian! that is an indisputable fact. If they thought otherwise, they'd have no problem saying "happy holidays" instead. but they DO think that everyone is, or SHOULD be, and so it is an act of ignorance!!!
__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-12-2006, 07:09 PM   #12 (permalink)
GO BEARS!
 
asskicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 3,763
asskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
i didn't say that, and if you check, i said my "offense" to being wished a Merry Christmas was sarcasm. i couldn't care less, but it IS proof that anyone who wishes anyone they don't know a Merry Christmas is simply assuming "everyone" is Christian! that is an indisputable fact. If they thought otherwise, they'd have no problem saying "happy holidays" instead. but they DO think that everyone is, or SHOULD be, and so it is an act of ignorance!!!
Why must you always be so difficult and philosophical? Even LHW Philosophers can ease up on smartiness every once in awhile.
__________________
14-1 in Forum Bets
asskicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 07:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by asskicker
Why must you always be so difficult and philosophical? Even LHW Philosophers can ease up on smartiness every once in awhile.
i know, i know. but i take my views as seriously as someone with faith and i have a deep rooted need to defend my beliefs. as everyone should. and also, it's hard to let things slip through, when i almost always have an answer or response!

__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 09:40 PM   #14 (permalink)
GO BEARS!
 
asskicker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana
Posts: 3,763
asskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enoughasskicker will become famous soon enough
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
i know, i know. but i take my views as seriously as someone with faith and i have a deep rooted need to defend my beliefs. as everyone should. and also, it's hard to let things slip through, when i almost always have an answer or response!

I know I was just givin u a hard time
__________________
14-1 in Forum Bets
asskicker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 10:00 PM   #15 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by asskicker
I know I was just givin u a hard time
jerk...
__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:39 AM   #16 (permalink)
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
WouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He Crosses
f-dog I completely understand what you are saying and I'm sure pt does also but the one thing that can ultimately be said to you is simply this "If you are a Christian, then don't read the thread". And no, I'm not trying to be a **** at all, I have nothing against you and like I said I understand completely what you are saying, but I thought it was interesting. I would say that if it is something that may or does offend you, then just don't read it. Again let me emphasize I'm not trying to be a prick in the least bit.

Pt, I know you were being half-sarcastic, but the other half that was serious about the "Merry Christmas" arguement is a load of hooey. It is not okay to say "Happy Holidays" instead. It is a holiday because it is Christmas. It was Christmas first, holiday second. It doesn't matter if someone doesn't believe Christ was actually born on that day at all...no matter how you look at it, it's still Christmas. You wouldn't expect everyone to say "Happy Holidays" about Halloween or St. Patrick's Day would you? So when someone says "Happy Halloween" does that automatically mean that they assume everyone celebrates it? No, it's just what it is called. Just like Christmas. It's called Christmas no matter what religion or lack thereof you have. And I'll say the same thing to you, I'm not trying to be hostile or a prick either! Just pointing something out!
WouldLuv2FightU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 09:11 AM   #17 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU
f-dog I completely understand what you are saying and I'm sure pt does also but the one thing that can ultimately be said to you is simply this "If you are a Christian, then don't read the thread". And no, I'm not trying to be a **** at all, I have nothing against you and like I said I understand completely what you are saying, but I thought it was interesting. I would say that if it is something that may or does offend you, then just don't read it. Again let me emphasize I'm not trying to be a prick in the least bit.

Pt, I know you were being half-sarcastic, but the other half that was serious about the "Merry Christmas" arguement is a load of hooey. It is not okay to say "Happy Holidays" instead. It is a holiday because it is Christmas. It was Christmas first, holiday second. It doesn't matter if someone doesn't believe Christ was actually born on that day at all...no matter how you look at it, it's still Christmas. You wouldn't expect everyone to say "Happy Holidays" about Halloween or St. Patrick's Day would you? So when someone says "Happy Halloween" does that automatically mean that they assume everyone celebrates it? No, it's just what it is called. Just like Christmas. It's called Christmas no matter what religion or lack thereof you have. And I'll say the same thing to you, I'm not trying to be hostile or a prick either! Just pointing something out!
"it was a christmas holiday first"... so it's better?

comeone... actually hanachuah has been around longer than Christmas, so IT was first. and the fact is, you don't just wish a stranger Merry Christmas, assuming they're Christian. you can put a manger in front of your house, but not in front of a mall. you can wish Merry Christmas to frinds and family you know celebrate it, but don't just assume I am or do.

you can't just say, "it was here first so deal with it". life moves on, cultures mutate, and if we are what we say we are, then this shouldn't be a problem. but the fact is, we're all talk. nobody wants to integrate anyone or learn anything about anyone. people don't want change, and very rarely accept it.
__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 07:18 PM   #18 (permalink)
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
WouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
"it was a christmas holiday first"... so it's better?

comeone... actually hanachuah has been around longer than Christmas, so IT was first. and the fact is, you don't just wish a stranger Merry Christmas, assuming they're Christian. you can put a manger in front of your house, but not in front of a mall. you can wish Merry Christmas to frinds and family you know celebrate it, but don't just assume I am or do.

you can't just say, "it was here first so deal with it". life moves on, cultures mutate, and if we are what we say we are, then this shouldn't be a problem. but the fact is, we're all talk. nobody wants to integrate anyone or learn anything about anyone. people don't want change, and very rarely accept it.
No that doesn't make it better at all. I'm just saying it is considered a HOLIDAY because it's CHRISTMAS. December 25 is a holiday because it is CHRISTMAS. December ? through December ? (lol I have no idea) is a HOLIDAY because it is HANNUKAH.
Yea but if I was Jewish and someone said Merry Christmas to me I would just be like "dude look at my nose I don't celebrate Christmas thanks anyway though!" I just think it is a dumb thing to get bent outta shape about, not saying you but all the people who SERIOUSLY get offended. The majority of america is Christian, so I think majority rules they have the right to say merry christmas. Plus it's just a habit and I'm not a chirstian but it's still christmas. People just look for reasons to cry sometimes, not you, the real offended people.

Like I said though, would you expect everyone to say happy holidays about EVERY holiday? You can't just assume everyone celebrates halloween and thanksgiving and their birthday and independence day. Yet no one has a problem with people who say Happy Halloween, Happy Thanksgiving, Happy Birthday...etc.


When you say Merry Christmas to someone who doesn't celebrate it, then all you are saying is have a good day December 25. Saying Merry Christmas doesn't have to mean that everyone assumes everyone is Christian. If a Jew came up to me and said Hppy Hannukah, then I would just take that as have a happy 12 days that Hannukah falls on, just cuz they said it doesn't mean I HAVE to celebrate it. It's just people being friendly.

Last edited by WouldLuv2FightU : 12-13-2006 at 07:25 PM.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:25 PM   #19 (permalink)
Free Thinker
 
pt447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: In your closet!
Posts: 5,673
Blog Entries: 1
pt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level nowpt447 is on another level now
well, i guess we're not gunna agree on this. i just don't think it should be "accepted" when in definition and truth it is an example of "why not let's just assume everyone celebrates christmas"

if it was truly only a secular winter greeting, you wouldn't find mangers in front of people's houses!
__________________
whiskey, racism, money, grease, twinkie's, guns.....yep lol thats about it

http://www.watchblog.com/

http://www.xanga.com/mfalino
pt447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2006, 08:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
WouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He CrossesWouldLuv2FightU Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by pt447
well, i guess we're not gunna agree on this. i just don't think it should be "accepted" when in definition and truth it is an example of "why not let's just assume everyone celebrates christmas"

if it was truly only a secular winter greeting, you wouldn't find mangers in front of people's houses!
LOL holy shit I am arguing with PT what the **** happened!?

I just don't understand how it hurts anyone to say Merry Christmas. No one says they have to take the 2 words literally, it's just a friendly thing to say. It's not like they are trying to push their religion on you, there just being friendly. And if someone has a manger in front of their house, what's wrong with that? They believe Christ was born on December 25, why aren't they allowed to believe that if they choose? Now, if they are going around putting mangers in front of OTHER people's houses then yeah that is not right hahaa. But saying Merry Christmas doesn't automatically mean people assume everyone is Christian. This country was founded by Christians so the phrase goes way back. It wasn't until the last 100 years that this country has become such a huge melting pot that everyone has to complain that they are not being included in something. That is this countries downfall...people complain about silly things too much and we try too hard to please every single person in this country and not to offend anyone. That is what makes this country look like a bunch of pussies. People are afraid to racially profile an Arabic man at the airport, so instead they let him go through to show they are not racist and do a full body cavity search on the 90 year old lady next in line. I know this sounds a little off the topic but it's not. There is no reason IMO to get offended by someone saying Merry Christmas, or Happy Hannukah, or anything like that. There is no malevolent meaning behind any of those greetings, they are just friendly greetings. Some people in this country are just getting too soft. And that is going to be our downfall, actually it's prolly too late it already has become our downfall.

Our enemies know all of this. That is why we saw those Arabic men in that Minneapolis airport staging their own arrest by praying and chanting and looking like terrorists, but when they got arrested they had no evidence of terrorism on them. So now they are trying to sue the airport for racially profiling and discrimination. They are doing this on purpose because they know that if they do it will make it easier for the real terrorists to get away with it again. After 9/11 this country was almost completely racist. Everyone bashed Arabic people in this country even though they had nothing to do with the tragedy. So after a couple months of bashing, Arab-Americans started to complain, so now look where that lead us. Now we do NOT racially profile the arabs and it will bite us in the ass AGAIN. Troy Smith couldn't take his Heisman on the plane on his way home. Why? Because it could possibly be a bomb or somehting. Is there one person in this entire country that can honestly think that Troy Smith was gonna blow up the plane with his trophy? No, I guarantee there is not one single person. But, since racially profiling is bad, and we want to do the 'right thing', Troy had to make arrangements to get his Heisman home using other means.

Complaining about people using a friendly greeting like Merry Christmas is a slippery slope. It is all connected and just like our censorship laws, our easily offended public is making this country look like a bunch of weak pussies and easy targets for our enemies. They see us having a fit about silly things like this and they love it.

Last edited by WouldLuv2FightU : 12-13-2006 at 08:57 PM.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios