Homeless, but want to become a professional fighter - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply

Old 09-29-2009, 09:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
The Revolution
 
SimplyNate's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 3,018
SimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He CrossesSimplyNate Is Respected By All He Crosses
If the world didn't suck, we would all fall off. Words to live by.
__________________
SimplyNate is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-30-2009, 01:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
Welterweight
 
The Don's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: TN
Posts: 2,166
Blog Entries: 4
The Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really niceThe Don is just really nice
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative1 View Post
You need to meet some of your local fighters and get adgice from them. What happened to me when I joined my first club was I went to the place to sign up but it was never open for some reason, I thought it was shut down. One day when I was at the hill doing sprints (while it was plus 30 lol) there was this other dude there and we started talking about doing sprints up a hill. I mentioned I wanted good cardio for training and he asked where I trained out of. He was a local fighter and invited me to his class the next day. Turns out I was just going there at the wrong time in the evening lol. But point is, you never know who you are going to run into if your expectations are obtainable.

Good luck man. You can do it.
Yea I hooked up with my instructor searching for a school a friend at work tole me about.. there was a mess up on google and I called the wrong school.. Worked out great for me.. I ended up with one of the best instructors in Middle TN. And I run into people all the time who train at different places.. just need to keep your eyes open, ears listen and mouth shut except to ask questions.
__________________
RGDA TN Web Site

My BJJ and MMA Blog

BJJ Board

Use No Way as Way, Have No Limitation as Limitation.
Vincere Vel Mori

Yea I still exist.
The Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 30
JeremyB has a little shameless behaviour in the pastJeremyB has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by Negative1 View Post
You need to meet some of your local fighters and get adgice from them. What happened to me when I joined my first club was I went to the place to sign up but it was never open for some reason, I thought it was shut down. One day when I was at the hill doing sprints (while it was plus 30 lol) there was this other dude there and we started talking about doing sprints up a hill. I mentioned I wanted good cardio for training and he asked where I trained out of. He was a local fighter and invited me to his class the next day. Turns out I was just going there at the wrong time in the evening lol. But point is, you never know who you are going to run into if your expectations are obtainable.

Good luck man. You can do it.
Yeah its a big community here in north Seattle, Wa of atheletes, I can tell if they are trained fighters by their knuckles and how they walk lol. There's a Brazilian Jujitsu gym here, Aikido gym, and a Tai Chi/Kungfu gym. What I want is to do boxing first, just because of the amazing workout.
JeremyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:27 PM   #14 (permalink)
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,164
Blog Entries: 14
swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
I think any MMA fighter or BJJ practitioner here though, would tell you to start with BJJ first if you possibly can, then work boxing.

When I first started watching MMA about 4 1/2 years ago, I was taking TKD and boxing at the time and mostly watched the fighter's footwork.

Now that I grapple I have a better understanding of the whole picture, but I still wish I had started with BJJ; it's not offered in my area, unfortunately.
__________________

Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
MMA Fanatic
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 30
JeremyB has a little shameless behaviour in the pastJeremyB has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
I think any MMA fighter or BJJ practitioner here though, would tell you to start with BJJ first if you possibly can, then work boxing.

When I first started watching MMA about 4 1/2 years ago, I was taking TKD and boxing at the time and mostly watched the fighter's footwork.

Now that I grapple I have a better understanding of the whole picture, but I still wish I had started with BJJ; it's not offered in my area, unfortunately.
Well you being a trained fighter tells me your right. Ill try the BJJ first. Work on an area im more unfamiliar with. Number 1 thing I need to do is quit smoking cigrattes lol. I used to swim alot, used to hold my breath for 2mins, untill i started smoking.
JeremyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:41 PM   #16 (permalink)
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,164
Blog Entries: 14
swpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings Systemswpthleg Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyB View Post
Well you being a trained fighter tells me your right. Ill try the BJJ first. Work on an area im more unfamiliar with. Number 1 thing I need to do is quit smoking cigrattes lol. I used to swim alot, used to hold my breath for 2mins, untill i started smoking.
1. Stop smoking immediately if not sooner.

2. I am not a trained fighter, these are just hobbies that I love. I hope you make and use opportunities for yourself to take it to the next level.
__________________

Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios