Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize - Page 2 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize
I disagree with it, and it pisses me the **** off 2 20.00%
I disagree with it, but ultimately don't give a shit 2 20.00%
I don't care all together 2 20.00%
I agree with it, and I am happy for Obama 3 30.00%
I agree with it, and I want to lick Obama's butthole 1 10.00%
Didn't Obama bomb the World Trade Centers? WTF? 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 02:11 PM
:|.Pie.|:
 
ZeroPRIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,859
                     
To be fair ive read he wasnt to happy about it when he learned he would be the winner. Im guessing he knows they are just using his name so the NPP becomes relevant again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDylan View Post
****en asd
ZeroPRIDE is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 04:34 PM
Featherweight
 
mmawrestler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Los Angeles by way of Vancouver
Posts: 1,439
                     
Im pretty sure Bono has gotte nthe peace prize to.
...Just throwin that out there

mmawrestler is offline  
post #13 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 04:41 PM
Delicious Pudding
 
D.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Jersey City, NJ
Posts: 10,932
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmawrestler View Post
Im pretty sure Bono has gotte nthe peace prize to.
...Just throwin that out there
Didn't he actually do some shit in Africa or something?



D.P. is offline  
post #14 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 08:07 PM
Lightweight
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: long island NY
Posts: 1,572
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPRIDE View Post
To be fair ive read he wasnt to happy about it when he learned he would be the winner. Im guessing he knows they are just using his name so the NPP becomes relevant again.
I agree with you about Obama not being happy about it! but IMO I think he should have stepprd up to the plate and said "thank you so much but I cannot in good conscience accept this award! but lets wait to see what I can achieve in a couple of years". I think that would have put him over the top!
jcal is offline  
post #15 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-13-2009, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmawrestler View Post
Im pretty sure Bono has gotte nthe peace prize to.
...Just throwin that out there
Yea Al Gore got it too. For preaching about an unproven THEORY that now nobody even talks about anymore, whilst flying around in his private jet and getting escorted in his Escalade. The Nobel Committee is pretty much a joke IMO. Extremely radical liberals. I think everyone's starting to see it now, which sucks because it's ruining the most prestigious award in the world.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #16 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 01:26 AM
Light Heavyweight
 
Biowza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,474
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU View Post
Yea Al Gore got it too. For preaching about an unproven THEORY that now nobody even talks about anymore, whilst flying around in his private jet and getting escorted in his Escalade. The Nobel Committee is pretty much a joke IMO. Extremely radical liberals. I think everyone's starting to see it now, which sucks because it's ruining the most prestigious award in the world.
Why do you spit out the word "theory" like its meant to be a haphazard guess? This is why the general public should leave the science to those smart enough to do it.

Oh and I hope you realise that there are OTHER awards aside from the peace prize. It's the most recognised one because the common man knows more about "peace" than they do about physics or chemistry but I really don't see how them giving the peace prize to Obama suddenly cheapens the accomplishments of all those who got the other prizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
This is by far the easiest and safest pick of the year in mma.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
Nog's only chance is one of his miracle submissions, after taking a beating the entire fight.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdun11
But its not gay if you watch it with a hot chik.

Last edited by Biowza; 10-14-2009 at 01:28 AM.
Biowza is offline  
post #17 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 01:42 AM Thread Starter
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Because Al Gore is a hypocritical lying douche that's why. Don't feel like replying to the rest cuz I feel it's pointless and I simply don't care.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #18 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:20 AM
mosquito weight
 
RushFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,148
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU View Post
The Nobel Committee is pretty much a joke IMO. Extremely radical liberals.
Link?
How did you formulate that opinion? Did Fox news help you?

Obama's Peace Prize equates to an encouragement award from the rest of the world because America turned away from Right Wing Bush philosophies.
RushFan is offline  
post #19 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:39 AM Thread Starter
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushFan View Post
Link?
How did you formulate that opinion? Did Fox news help you?

Obama's Peace Prize equates to an encouragement award from the rest of the world because America turned away from Right Wing Bush philosophies.
You want a link for my opinion? Sorry, I don't feel like it. Just gonna have to take it as is.

I don't like the fact that Obama gets an award for stuff he has only talked about. Anyone can talk about things.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #20 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-14-2009, 04:41 AM
I Finish Threads
 
HexRei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, OR
Posts: 8,988
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU View Post
The Nobel Committee is pretty much a joke IMO. Extremely radical liberals.
Yeah, can you believe they gave 2009 Physics prize to Charles K Kao "for groundbreaking achievements concerning the transmission of light in fibers for optical communication"? Clearly the liberal agenda at work. They should have given it to Reverand Bob Chucklebuck for figuring out how Jesus ascended to heaven and back.

Anyway, just cracking wise But really, most of the prizes have little to do with politics at all. Half of them are for sciences. Over half if you count economics.

Everybody good, plenty of slaves for my robot colony?
HexRei is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome