Obama Wins Nobel Peace Prize - Page 4 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

View Poll Results: How do you feel about Obama winning the Nobel Peace Prize
I disagree with it, and it pisses me the **** off 2 20.00%
I disagree with it, but ultimately don't give a shit 2 20.00%
I don't care all together 2 20.00%
I agree with it, and I am happy for Obama 3 30.00%
I agree with it, and I want to lick Obama's butthole 1 10.00%
Didn't Obama bomb the World Trade Centers? WTF? 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 08:56 AM
Das Übermensch
 
wukkadb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 7,633
                     
Wow, what a bunch of non-Patriotic yankee scum y'all are. Your president is awared a nobel peace prize unjustly, and you are questioning this?! What kind of Amurricans are you guys? You need to support your president 100% of the time, and never question him, or his peacefulness. kthx.




What a stud

Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
The power of Aleks, his small baby and pimp hardcore dogs has granted you useful insight, my friend.
wukkadb is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 09:42 AM
mosquito weight
 
RushFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,148
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
Read what I quoted again Rush, then think about where your from. It was a joke it shouldn't involve to much thinking..
Ok, that's what I thought. I couldn't understand why you would jokingly call me a prick if you agree with me?
My autism must be acting up again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wukkadb View Post
Wow, what a bunch of non-Patriotic yankee scum y'all are. Your president is awared a nobel peace prize unjustly, and you are questioning this?! What kind of Amurricans are you guys? You need to support your president 100% of the time, and never question him, or his peacefulness. kthx.
Maybe the Nobel committee was being sarcastic as well when they gave Obama the award. Geezuz! Does that make you feel better?
RushFan is offline  
post #33 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 01:39 PM
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,176
Blog Entries: 14
                     
No, it's another quality entirely that's acting up again.


Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline  
post #34 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 02:02 PM
:|.Pie.|:
 
ZeroPRIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 3,859
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by RushFan View Post
You must be the "Award Police" Obama himself said he didnt deserve the award but why not root for an American anyway? What great injustice occurred that compels you to rubbish his Nobel Prize?
I mean maybe Heath Ledger didn't deserve his Oscar but what kind of prick Australian would stand up and voice their disapproval?

Uh because guys like Bono, you know someone who actually does somthing rather than talk talk talk, doesnt win. Obamas win(at this point in time) ranks right up there with Henry Kissinger win for least deserving.Also anyone who saw the batman movie knows that Oscar had his name all over it.

My point was that the definition of "Patriotism" seems to change depending on who is leading the country.

Thats just the way it is. Some people think supporting the poor off the backs of hard working Americans is patriotism. I happen to think otherwise in most cases.

Yeah you should have because he's Communist.

lol

answers in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotDylan View Post
****en asd
ZeroPRIDE is offline  
post #35 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 06:00 PM
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
 
ZZtigerZZ81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,066
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biowza View Post
Yeah, no idea why he won it. I mean, I like the guy and all but he's done jack all at the moment.

More to the point, why is there even a "Peace Prize"? "Peace" isn't exactly a field in which you can achieve excellence in.
I think Kalib Starnes has something to say about that. He has displayed many a peaceful showings. Excellently i might add.

First, why should anyone cheer for a person that wins a prize just because they are from the same country (even though some believe that our president isn't)? Seriously, I have nothing in common with Barack Obama other then the fact that we are both Americans. Does it make me less of a person because I am not supportive of his undeserving win? Less of an American?

If your answer is yes, then where do we draw the line on when to not blindly support people and their achievements on the solitary basis of us being from the same country?

Am I proud an American won the prize? Sure...but I would have rather had a deserving American win it. The problem is that most of the candidates that were "highly thought of" really didn't do anything to promote peace or be proactive about it. They really focused on repairing already unpeaceful situations. The one guy that cousels and treats **** victims in Africa is very deserving of some sort of recognition, but a Nobel Peace Prize is not really one that comes to mind. I don't know though. This is something (like most things) that should not be political in any aspect, but people make it that way just because Obama is a democrat (and I mean that literally not as code to suggest he is black). Another of the many reasons I hate the two-party system in America.

ZZtigerZZ81 is offline  
post #36 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 08:40 PM
mosquito weight
 
RushFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,148
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroPride
Uh because guys like Bono, you know someone who actually does somthing rather than talk talk talk, doesnt win. Obamas win(at this point in time) ranks right up there with Henry Kissinger win for least deserving.Also anyone who saw the batman movie knows that Oscar had his name all over it
I knew Kanye West was an influential artist but this is getting ridiculous.

"I'm really happy for ya.. I'm a let you finish, but Bono is one of the most peaceful Ma'f*ckers of all time!"

RushFan is offline  
post #37 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-15-2009, 11:39 PM
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,176
Blog Entries: 14
                     
On the contrary, it's a rewarding and amusing pastime.

Don't bother to pos rep me if you're just going to be snarky.


Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline  
post #38 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 12:26 AM Thread Starter
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
I added a poll. Enjoy.

EDIT: Damn...I totally forgot one to type out one of the options I had in my head:

"I disagree, but I will blindly support the decision and be happy simply because I am from the same country as Obama"
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #39 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 01:30 AM
Light Heavyweight
 
name goes here's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: London England
Posts: 3,300
                     
How about the option. 'I respect the nobel peace prize, and the committee, and assume they know better than me on this?'

name goes here is offline  
post #40 of 40 (permalink) Old 10-16-2009, 01:32 AM
mosquito weight
 
RushFan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,148
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by WouldLuv2FightU View Post
I added a poll. Enjoy.

EDIT: Damn...I totally forgot one to type out one of the options I had in my head:

"I disagree, but I will blindly support the decision and be happy simply because I am from the same country as Obama"
You also forgot to add:
"I disagree, and I want to lick Obama's butthole."
RushFan is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome