2012 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 05:13 PM Thread Starter
DP's Queen
 
Toxie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 1,268
                     
2012

Lately, there are many discussions on different venues about this 2012 doomsday theory. With the movie coming out soon, everybody has some kind of opinion on the topic. I regularly like checking the Discovery Channel and National Geographic websites and both have articles attempting to scientifically debunk these apocalyptic theories.

It seems that it has sent some people into serious panic and some are considering suicide.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...edictions.html

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...rld-myths.html

What do you guys and girls think about this?



Sig made by the awemazing D.P
Toxie is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 05:17 PM
Super Heavyweight
 
joshua7789's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 4,322
                     
Its total bullshit. This is just the next in a long line of end of the world theories that are based upon crack pot theories that ignore facts. The people that believe this type of thing are the first ones to "drink the coolaide" or "jump on back of the comet". People forget that the Hysteria...excuse me, the history channel is an entertainment network and they are just like any other cable channel in that they will do whatever they can to keep people glued to the screen. Pure shenanigans, im calling it.
joshua7789 is offline  
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 05:35 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: parts unknown
Posts: 2,638
                     
fear is a great way to make ppl consume, kind of like Y2K.
alizio is offline  
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 06:02 PM
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
                     
hahahahaha

its the best thing i have ever heard in my life, anyone who honestly believes this is retarded. anyone choose to study mayan history as an elective credit? i did, lol its just when their calendar ends, there isnt even a word in their language for "dooms day" or end of times, its laughable grown adults believe this. i mean its fun to think about but so totally unfounded that its ridiculous to even speculate it as a possibility.



If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline  
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 06:23 PM
Banned
 
Negative1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 3,238
Blog Entries: 3
                     
There are a ton of theorys out that lend evidence to support this type of thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAtgPaggeTM

I've watched all 6 of these videos a couple times. It makes me laugh when we learn that the "prophets" from back in the day were actually just high outta their tree when making their predictions.

I think it is all one gigantic coincidence.
Negative1 is offline  
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-11-2009, 06:33 PM
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
 
ZZtigerZZ81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,066
Blog Entries: 2
                     
believing this is similar to believing a presidential candidate is actually going to change something (or live up to his campaign promises)

c wut i did thar

ZZtigerZZ81 is offline  
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 12:23 AM
I eat babies
 
WouldLuv2FightU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Troy, Ohio
Posts: 7,647
Blog Entries: 3
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshua7789 View Post
Its total bullshit. This is just the next in a long line of end of the world theories that are based upon crack pot theories that ignore facts. The people that believe this type of thing are the first ones to "drink the coolaide" or "jump on back of the comet". People forget that the Hysteria...excuse me, the history channel is an entertainment network and they are just like any other cable channel in that they will do whatever they can to keep people glued to the screen. Pure shenanigans, im calling it.
Word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alizio View Post
fear is a great way to make ppl consume, kind of like Y2K.
Exactly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
hahahahaha

its the best thing i have ever heard in my life, anyone who honestly believes this is retarded. anyone choose to study mayan history as an elective credit? i did, lol its just when their calendar ends, there isnt even a word in their language for "dooms day" or end of times, its laughable grown adults believe this. i mean its fun to think about but so totally unfounded that its ridiculous to even speculate it as a possibility.
WINNER!!! There is nothing in the Mayan predictions that has ANYTHING to do with the end of the world. And it's been pissing me off for the last 5-6 years that this is ALL you hear from the 2012 yappers. Do some f*ckin research on it or shut the f*ck up. Also, the movie is a piece of shit. It's only 2009 they just couldn't wait a couple more years to exploit and bank on these BS theories. Try being more creative next time asswipes. And good job on inducing unneccesary panic and suicidal thoughts.
WouldLuv2FightU is offline  
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 12:35 AM
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,176
Blog Entries: 14
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZtigerZZ81 View Post
believing this is similar to believing a presidential candidate is actually going to change something (or live up to his campaign promises)

c wut i did thar
Yes, I c. I am not worried about this particular issue, except whether or nor it will produce a sci-fi/horror movie that I want to see.


Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline  
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 12:41 AM
<= MODERATOR=>
 
Xerxes's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 5,224
                     
This is BS at its best.

Weren't we all supposed to die in 2000 already?
Xerxes is offline  
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 11-12-2009, 12:44 AM
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,176
Blog Entries: 14
                     
Oui, c'est vrai.


Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome