What Are You Doing Right Now!!!? - Page 1385 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #13841 of 32427 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 06:21 AM
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budhisten View Post
I'm really into WRC aswell, F1 is just part of my life - Been watching it since I was 5 or 6 years old, my dad sat me down and explained everything while we were watching the race It's one of the earliest memories I have of watching sports with my dad That and Denmark winning the European Cup (Soccer) in '92 ;D
I miss watching Senna, Mansell, Prost, Piquet, Patrese, Berger or Alesi.

Those were the days.

.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #13842 of 32427 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 06:30 AM
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,226
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
I miss watching Senna, Mansell, Prost, Piquet, Patrese, Berger or Alesi.

Those were the days.
Have you seen the new Senna-movie? It is absolutely spectacular, highly recommended




MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline  
post #13843 of 32427 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 06:43 AM
NO. 1 *BONER*
 
limba's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: UK
Posts: 7,727
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budhisten View Post
Have you seen the new Senna-movie? It is absolutely spectacular, highly recommended
Not yet.
"Beyond the speed of sound" is the name of the documentary?!

I have seen some promo clips.

I'm definitely gonna watch it though.

Senna was AMAZING!

I still remember the day he died. I was 11 yrs old. I watched that race live and cried after the race.

He was an idol... Still is.

.



BELIEVE!



limba is offline  
post #13844 of 32427 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 07:42 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,256
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
I like F1, but i believe this is the most exciting form of motorsport --->






Gravel, asphalt, tarmac, mud, rocks, dirt, sand, in the woods, in the mountains, in the desert, water, ice, snow, "hot" tempertatures, "cold" temperatures - you name it!

These drivers are just incredible.


PS: i'm also a big Moto GP fan - Valentino Rossi especially
screw that its all about the NBA, the NFL and rugby union and MMA coming first obviously


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is offline  
post #13845 of 32427 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 08:11 AM
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,226
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by limba View Post
Not yet.
"Beyond the speed of sound" is the name of the documentary?!

I have seen some promo clips.

I'm definitely gonna watch it though.

Senna was AMAZING!

I still remember the day he died. I was 11 yrs old. I watched that race live and cried after the race.

He was an idol... Still is.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senna_(film)

That's the one Not many movies are 100% fresh on Rotten Tomatoes :P




MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline  
post #13846 of 32427 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 12:39 PM
Dexter Morgan
 
Intermission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,815
                     
I'm not trying to be ignorant when I say this, because I don't watch F1 or any other types of racing. However, isn't it basically based on who has the fastest car?

Intermission is offline  
post #13847 of 32427 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 01:04 PM
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,734
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
I'm not trying to be ignorant when I say this, because I don't watch F1 or any other types of racing. However, isn't it basically based on who has the fastest car?
That's the most linear way of looking at it. There is a reason they have so many rules that all teams have to abide by. And why there are 3 practices prior to the actual race. It's based on driving ability, direct line speed, down force, when you pit, how often you pit, tire choice, how long you keep on the same set of tires, fuel load, use of DRS and Kers, and how the car was set up before and during the practices.

The difference between Red Bull Racing and say, Lotus, whilst great in F1 terms, is only about 2-3 seconds a lap most of the time for qualifying. The difference between Mclaren and RBR (depending on who's set the car up the best for the track) is around 0.01 - 0.8 seconds.

It's extremely intricate, and complicated. They all have to have a car that weighs the same, uses the same exhaust system, engine power is limited to a certain amount of BHP. The reason one car is faster than another, is due to the team and the driver getting the car to that point.






“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline  
post #13848 of 32427 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 02:01 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,813
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by KryOnicle View Post
That's the most linear way of looking at it. There is a reason they have so many rules that all teams have to abide by. And why there are 3 practices prior to the actual race. It's based on driving ability, direct line speed, down force, when you pit, how often you pit, tire choice, how long you keep on the same set of tires, fuel load, use of DRS and Kers, and how the car was set up before and during the practices.

The difference between Red Bull Racing and say, Lotus, whilst great in F1 terms, is only about 2-3 seconds a lap most of the time for qualifying. The difference between Mclaren and RBR (depending on who's set the car up the best for the track) is around 0.01 - 0.8 seconds.

It's extremely intricate, and complicated. They all have to have a car that weighs the same, uses the same exhaust system, engine power is limited to a certain amount of BHP. The reason one car is faster than another, is due to the team and the driver getting the car to that point.
In other words, the car that's the fastest wins.

Nah, I know nothing about racing. In fact, my limit on racing knowledge is pretty much the South Park episode that makes fun of it (they make fun of everything, of course).
M.C is online now  
post #13849 of 32427 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 02:06 PM
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,226
                     
Q&A with Chael Sonnen is live for anyone interested

http://www.mmafighting.com/2011/08/0...eigh-in-video/

BTW: How can you not love Formula 1? It's just such an impressive sport




MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline  
post #13850 of 32427 (permalink) Old 08-05-2011, 02:31 PM
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 9,226
                     
Chael finally admitted to the Lance Armstrong-comments :P About damn time!




MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome