What Are You Doing Right Now!!!? - Page 1657 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16561 of 32427 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 05:11 AM
Colossal-weight
 
John8204's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 8,284
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UFC_OWNS View Post
John8204 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #16562 of 32427 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 05:12 AM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
I really like this site. Sadly some members really do turn me away.

I am a Sonnen fan, but a lot of his trollers really rub me the wrong way.

This whole everyone praise Nick Diaz (the biggest douche bag alive) really doesn't make me want to even look at threads in the UFC section. I thought Ari was dumb for leaving after he won. Now I am starting to slightly see where she was coming from.

Unfortunately I think it will be the members that push me away, not my interest in the sport fading.
Seems like you are just extremely whiny and get butthurt when people don't share your opinions.

"Waaah! Everyone hates on Sonnen who is a cheat, liar and scumbag! WHY!????????"

"Waaaah! Nick Diaz is doing well and I hate him yet everyone keeps praising him! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"



Get over yourself or just go quietly (un)like Ari. There are hundred of posters here. The forum will recover.

Roflcopter is offline  
post #16563 of 32427 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 05:22 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,464
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
I really like this site. Sadly some members really do turn me away.

I am a Sonnen fan, but a lot of his trollers really rub me the wrong way.

This whole everyone praise Nick Diaz (the biggest douche bag alive) really doesn't make me want to even look at threads in the UFC section. I thought Ari was dumb for leaving after he won. Now I am starting to slightly see where she was coming from.

Unfortunately I think it will be the members that push me away, not my interest in the sport fading.
You see, this is where I take issue. "Everybody" is a pretty conclusive word. From what I could see, there are people who dislike and like Diaz in equal measure. Same goes for Lesnar. Same goes for Sonnen. etc.

People tend to give far too much weight to the posts they disagree with, and not enough to the ones that do agree. So, in your case, you're left with this feeling that "everybody" is praising Diaz. But they aint bro. Far from it.

Sometimes you need to step back from your personal opinions and actually look at *all* the posts. You soon realise that just as many people agree with you as don't. To leave the forum because not everybody does agree is being a bit knee jerk.

Personally, I like this place a lot. I have NOBODY who lives near me who enjoys MMA. Without this place, I would have NOBODY to discuss it with. Seeing as its my favourite sport, I'm more than happy to take in all opinions. Its far better then no opinions at all.
Soojooko is offline  
post #16564 of 32427 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 05:28 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,102
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
Seems like you are just extremely whiny and get butthurt when people don't share your opinions.

"Waaah! Everyone hates on Sonnen who is a cheat, liar and scumbag! WHY!????????"

"Waaaah! Nick Diaz is doing well and I hate him yet everyone keeps praising him! WAAAAAAAAAAAAAH"



Get over yourself or just go quietly (un)like Ari. There are hundred of posters here. The forum will recover.
You deserve some rep but i gots to spread anyways



Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is online now  
post #16565 of 32427 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 05:31 AM
Kneel Before Christ!
 
Roflcopter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 8,024
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post
You see, this is where I take issue. "Everybody" is a pretty conclusive word. From what I could see, there are people who dislike and like Diaz in equal measure. Same goes for Lesnar. Same goes for Sonnen. etc.

People tend to give far too much weight to the posts they disagree with, and not enough to the ones that do agree. So, in your case, you're left with this feeling that "everybody" is praising Diaz. But they aint bro. Far from it.

Sometimes you need to step back from your personal opinions and actually look at *all* the posts. You soon realise that just as many people agree with you as don't. To leave the forum because not everybody does agree is being a bit knee jerk.

Personally, I like this place a lot. I have NOBODY who lives near me who enjoys MMA. Without this place, I would have NOBODY to discuss it with. Seeing as its my favourite sport, I'm more than happy to take in all opinions. Its far better then no opinions at all.
That's only because the UFC hasn't expanded to the Moon yet. Once they start doing shows there, its popularity will pick up.

Roflcopter is offline  
post #16566 of 32427 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 05:38 AM
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 9,216
                     
How in the hell does THIS of all threads turn into a fistfight? Keep it civil gentlemen, this kind of discussion isn't leading anywhere good :/




MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline  
post #16567 of 32427 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 05:43 AM
of Nazareth
 
Soojooko's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: The Moon
Posts: 9,464
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roflcopter View Post
That's only because the UFC hasn't expanded to the Moon yet. Once they start doing shows there, its popularity will pick up.
Soojooko is offline  
post #16568 of 32427 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 05:43 AM
 
Budhisten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Denmark
Posts: 9,216
                     
OWNS, you know that baiting and insulting results in infractions right? Please, if this is how you feel then be the bigger man instead of taking petty jabs like that, it's just no nescessary and helps absolutely nothing.




MMAForum - Please follow, like and download our app!
Budhisten is offline  
post #16569 of 32427 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 05:44 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,102
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Budhisten View Post
OWNS, you know that baiting and insulting results in infractions right? Please, if this is how you feel then be the bigger man instead of taking petty jabs like that, it's just no nescessary and helps absolutely nothing.
Why doesn't his ever get deleted? and why does he never get infracted? no one likes him im just being honest like always.


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is online now  
post #16570 of 32427 (permalink) Old 11-04-2011, 05:46 AM
You're not terribly important to me
 
UFC_OWNS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Sell me this pen
Posts: 15,102
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soojooko View Post


Jim Norton
Nick Dipaolo
Dave Attell
Dave Chappelle
Bill Burr
Joey Diaz
Colin Quinn
Bob Kelly
Rich Vos
Patrice O'Neal
Louis CK


UFC_OWNS is online now  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome