What Are You Doing Right Now!!!? - Page 1811 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #18101 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 01:20 PM
Dexter Morgan
 
Intermission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,815
                     
Lost my job, yay 2012. I expected it to happen, I don't feel like typing the whole story but to make it short, save the sympathy, I didn't expect to have a job anyways!


I guess Ability needs to good hard this year haha

Intermission is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #18102 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 01:26 PM
Lightweight
 
DragonStriker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 1,937
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
Lost my job, yay 2012. I expected it to happen, I don't feel like typing the whole story but to make it short, save the sympathy, I didn't expect to have a job anyways!


I guess Ability needs to good hard this year haha
Oh man that sucks Intermission hope you find a new one soon.


DragonStriker is offline  
post #18103 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 01:29 PM
Dexter Morgan
 
Intermission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,815
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonStriker View Post
Oh man that sucks Intermission hope you find a new one soon.
No big deal, like I said I saw it coming, the economy is horrible and when you need to make cuts, seniority comes into play... I was new.

Intermission is offline  
post #18104 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 01:33 PM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
Sucks Inter but i'm sure you'll find a new one soon. Sounds like you didn't love that job that much anyway huh?

Rauno is offline  
post #18105 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 01:43 PM
Dexter Morgan
 
Intermission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,815
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
Sucks Inter but i'm sure you'll find a new one soon. Sounds like you didn't love that job that much anyway huh?
Actually I really did! This might be the only job I have ever had that I enjoyed. However, I was only a seasonal worker, I had the opportunity to stay longer but they only kept 4 seasonals out of 30. They said I would have been the next person they kept if they were to keep lets say 5 people rather than 4.

Like I said, I knew there was a GOOD possibility of losing it so I was prepped and ready, no big deal.

Intermission is offline  
post #18106 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 03:10 PM
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 9,752
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Best New years eve party: Small restaurant in Maui Alice Cooper, Stephen Tyler, Weird Al


oldfan is offline  
post #18107 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 11:05 PM
Curitiba Food and Liquor
 
swpthleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 16,176
Blog Entries: 14
                     
Watching season 5 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and seeing if I can get work for tomorrow, if there's school, because there's a continuing blizzard, and it is every bit as great as it sounds.

My judo club might be leaving the dojo where it began 8 years ago due to the gym owner being a douche. If you ever want man drama, look no further than your local gym.


Sig Credit to Toxic
swpthleg is offline  
post #18108 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 11:28 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 13,735
                     
I'm heading out to get some grub.

It's 8:30PM here and Pizza Hut won't deliver a single order of their pasta, as it's not expensive enough, so I'm going to have to go in to get it. I'm also rocking a Christopher Hitchens avatar. The man was a genius and his ideas/thought processes/books are quite amazing, and it's very sad the world has lost a mind like his.

By the way, I realized that I'm not an "atheist", I'm an "anti-theist" (although I don't think the hyphen is required, not sure). This much more suits my position on the subject. I found this term out only recently, pretty interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antitheism

Also, Swp, I miss you so much it hurts sometimes (just got done watching scrubs, couldn't help myself).
M.C is online now  
post #18109 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-02-2012, 11:39 PM
Fruits & Vegetables
 
Mirage445's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 2,580
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
I'm heading out to get some grub.

It's 8:30PM here and Pizza Hut won't deliver a single order of their pasta, as it's not expensive enough, so I'm going to have to go in to get it. I'm also rocking a Christopher Hitchens avatar. The man was a genius and his ideas/thought processes/books are quite amazing, and it's very sad the world has lost a mind like his.

By the way, I realized that I'm not an "atheist", I'm an "anti-theist" (although I don't think the hyphen is required, not sure). This much more suits my position on the subject. I found this term out only recently, pretty interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antitheism

Also, Swp, I miss you so much it hurts sometimes (just got done watching scrubs, couldn't help myself).
I'm sure he's in a better place.

All kidding aside, I've listened to a few of his debates, seemed like a pretty bright fellow.




"You have a big word for a guy who don't have a gi right now." - Renato Laranja
Mirage445 is offline  
post #18110 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-03-2012, 12:01 AM
All Around Nice Guy
 
SideWays222's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 10,760
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
Actually I really did! This might be the only job I have ever had that I enjoyed. However, I was only a seasonal worker, I had the opportunity to stay longer but they only kept 4 seasonals out of 30. They said I would have been the next person they kept if they were to keep lets say 5 people rather than 4.

Like I said, I knew there was a GOOD possibility of losing it so I was prepped and ready, no big deal.
Well that sucks but it happens. I have some good websites on looking for jobs so if your interested id be glad to send it to you.



Quote:
Originally Posted by swpthleg View Post
Watching season 5 of It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia and seeing if I can get work for tomorrow, if there's school, because there's a continuing blizzard, and it is every bit as great as it sounds.

My judo club might be leaving the dojo where it began 8 years ago due to the gym owner being a douche. If you ever want man drama, look no further than your local gym.

Gotta love Always Sunny. If you need a site for all the seasons just let me know. Il gladly send it to you. The last season (7) wasnt that great. Maybe 50% of the episodes were funny and 15% was realllly funny and the rest were just entertaining i guess and not funny.
SideWays222 is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome