What Are You Doing Right Now!!!? - Page 2014 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #20131 of 32427 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 05:15 PM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,382
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Home from work. Finally set up a twitter account to see what its all about.
HitOrGetHit is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #20132 of 32427 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 05:25 PM
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,603
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
If you open a sammich shop, name a sammich after me. Call it "The Big M.C".

I'm tempted to open a business as well, actually, just never thought of one that I could profit from around here.

If I open one Ill do that for sure! I want it to be a 50's style with the high bar and stools. What would be on the "Big M.C"?

I've been reading into the pro/cons of opening your own place instead of a franchise. I like the idea of both but Im leaning towards my own.



Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline  
post #20133 of 32427 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 05:31 PM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,382
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Man it has been awhile since I used PS. I am struggling big time making a background in a sig.
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #20134 of 32427 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Dexter Morgan
 
Intermission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,815
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Land View Post
If I open one Ill do that for sure! I want it to be a 50's style with the high bar and stools. What would be on the "Big M.C"?

I've been reading into the pro/cons of opening your own place instead of a franchise. I like the idea of both but Im leaning towards my own.
I can tell you my personal opinion. If you buy a franchise, your getting the customer base right out the gate. If you purchase the rights to Subway for example, you get their menu, the ingredients, and the hundreds of millions of people who already know and love subway. However, you have their monthly franchise fee.

If your absolutely positive you can build your own brand, then privately owned is the way to go. Over the years you can build a great customer base and not have to pay someone else for it.

Intermission is offline  
post #20135 of 32427 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 07:52 PM
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,603
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
I can tell you my personal opinion. If you buy a franchise, your getting the customer base right out the gate. If you purchase the rights to Subway for example, you get their menu, the ingredients, and the hundreds of millions of people who already know and love subway. However, you have their monthly franchise fee.

If your absolutely positive you can build your own brand, then privately owned is the way to go. Over the years you can build a great customer base and not have to pay someone else for it.

Thats the biggest thing about buying into a franchise, The name reconision and free advertising. Like I said before a friend of mine owns 6 Subways.

To buy into one you have to have a min. 100K up front.

To start my own sammich place the over head would be high right off the bat but there is no monthly fee like you said. The same with the outdoor gear place.



Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline  
post #20136 of 32427 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 08:00 PM
Dexter Morgan
 
Intermission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,815
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Land View Post
Thats the biggest thing about buying into a franchise, The name reconision and free advertising. Like I said before a friend of mine owns 6 Subways.

To buy into one you have to have a min. 100K up front.

To start my own sammich place the over head would be high right off the bat but there is no monthly fee like you said. The same with the outdoor gear place.
If you had to choose between sammich shop and outdoor gear, I would say sammich 100%. You need to look at it from a demand stand point. 100% of the human population requires food to live, 0% require outdoor goods.

Not saying a outdoor shop is a bad idea, but with food you know it is ALWAYS in high demand and you are way more likely to get repeat customers.

Intermission is offline  
post #20137 of 32427 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 08:08 PM
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,603
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
If you had to choose between sammich shop and outdoor gear, I would say sammich 100%. You need to look at it from a demand stand point. 100% of the human population requires food to live, 0% require outdoor goods.

Not saying a outdoor shop is a bad idea, but with food you know it is ALWAYS in high demand and you are way more likely to get repeat customers.
That's true. Plus the general "Hang out" spot for most age groops



Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline  
post #20138 of 32427 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 08:11 PM
Dexter Morgan
 
Intermission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,815
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Land View Post
That's true. Plus the general "Hang out" spot for most age groops
Marketing my friend, if you can market it to the right age group. Your in a gold mine.

Intermission is offline  
post #20139 of 32427 (permalink) Old 03-28-2012, 10:31 PM
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,603
                     
Did I just see there will be an Anchorman 2????????????????????



Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline  
post #20140 of 32427 (permalink) Old 03-29-2012, 01:07 AM
Cole World
 
Andrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Estonia
Posts: 1,846
                     
Today is my birthday, bitches! I've made it to 21!

Gonna make some mornincoffee, boil few eggs and get my day started. Yeah buddy!



Andrus is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 2 (0 members and 2 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome