What Are You Doing Right Now!!!? - Page 2366 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 12:31 AM   #23651 (permalink)
WEC For Life
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,883
Blog Entries: 13
HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Drunk at home eating some food and watching 8 Mile.
__________________

The 2014 Hit Squad (FFL)
Eddie Alvarez - Junior Dos Santos - Patricio Freire - Jessica Eye - Pat Curran
HitOrGetHit is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-03-2012, 12:54 AM   #23652 (permalink)
American Fighter
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 3,884
PheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
In uniform or out? The vast majority of people walk around without a gun and aren't scared in normal clothing, there's nothing to be scared about unless you're in the woods hiking.
Both.

Active shooters, terrorist attacks, or other officers in need of help always run through my mind. The day this happens, the last thing I want to say is "I wish I had my gun." I could never live with myself if I chose not to carry that day, and knew that people died because I decided to not carry the life saving tool of my profession.
__________________


Team PheelGood Fantasy Fight League

Jon Jones / Mark Hunt / Cub Swanson / Dustin Poirier / Darrell Montague
PheelGoodInc is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 01:28 AM   #23653 (permalink)
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 8,624
Life B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings SystemLife B Ez Is Beyond A Rankings System
Holy ****. I felt like you were a cop when you started posting about guns. I get it, you see a lot of shit on a day to day basis and it at least ihmo makes a lot of guys really jaded a little paranoid and you feel need your gun, but that was straight out fox news sounding propaganda. I really don't mean any disrespect and I don't care about you carrying, but that was just a little too much for me.

I'm unamerican I guess, don't understand guns, don't want guns, have no interest in ever owning a gun. And I haven't always lived in nice suburban neighborhoods either. But I also didn't understand the huge uproar in the country about the FBI using face recognition in cameras.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App
__________________
Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 02:01 AM   #23654 (permalink)
M.C
needs more cowbell
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 10,426
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
Both.

Active shooters, terrorist attacks, or other officers in need of help always run through my mind. The day this happens, the last thing I want to say is "I wish I had my gun." I could never live with myself if I chose not to carry that day, and knew that people died because I decided to not carry the life saving tool of my profession.
The day this happens? You know that it's an extremely rare occurrence that you will find any situation that requires you to even think about pulling out a gun, that the vast majority of Americans do not carry and have absolutely no fear about it, and that being scared of walking around without a gun reeks of paranoia?

Maybe "scared" is the wrong word? I've never met anyone in my life or even heard of anyone who is so paranoid that they are "scared" to be without...anything, much less a gun. I am thinking you meant more like "Since I'm already allowed to carry, I may as well carry, it couldn't hurt and could potentially help" kind of thing.

As for what I'm doing, I just had my pasta and now I'm super tired. I can't sleep tonight as I have to get some work done, but I wish I could just pass out right now.
__________________


“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin
“slow and drunk is no match for fast and scared shitless.”-Jacob
M.C is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 03:22 AM   #23655 (permalink)
American Fighter
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 3,884
PheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Holy ****. I felt like you were a cop when you started posting about guns. I get it, you see a lot of shit on a day to day basis and it at least ihmo makes a lot of guys really jaded a little paranoid and you feel need your gun, but that was straight out fox news sounding propaganda. I really don't mean any disrespect and I don't care about you carrying, but that was just a little too much for me.

I'm unamerican I guess, don't understand guns, don't want guns, have no interest in ever owning a gun. And I haven't always lived in nice suburban neighborhoods either. But I also didn't understand the huge uproar in the country about the FBI using face recognition in cameras.

Sent from my Desire HD using VerticalSports.Com App
Not unamerican at all. Guns aren't for everyone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
The day this happens? You know that it's an extremely rare occurrence that you will find any situation that requires you to even think about pulling out a gun, that the vast majority of Americans do not carry and have absolutely no fear about it, and that being scared of walking around without a gun reeks of paranoia?

Maybe "scared" is the wrong word? I've never met anyone in my life or even heard of anyone who is so paranoid that they are "scared" to be without...anything, much less a gun. I am thinking you meant more like "Since I'm already allowed to carry, I may as well carry, it couldn't hurt and could potentially help" kind of thing.

As for what I'm doing, I just had my pasta and now I'm super tired. I can't sleep tonight as I have to get some work done, but I wish I could just pass out right now.
It feels kind of like forgetting your cell phone or something at home for the day. It's just a very nagging feeling if I don't have it. I feel uneasy and pray to God today isn't the day.

As for it being a rare occurrence, I've been in several near shootings on duty, and put 2 people at gun point before off duty. I don't live in a ghetto area either.

I've been through numerous training classes that really hammer in the point to take your gun with you everywhere. Active shooters and terrorist attacks are the things which cross my mind most. Had one off duty had a gun at the Colorado theatre, Columbine, Virginia tech, ect many lives could have been saved. If you get a chance check out the Beslan massacre. Again, one armed citizen or off duty with a gun could have saved not only lives, but the survivors lives who will never be the same. This is becoming all too common and is likely to only get worse before better.

This is something I just read today. Another re-enforcement as to why I always carry. http://rhinoden.rangerup.com/the-per...m_medium=email
__________________


Team PheelGood Fantasy Fight League

Jon Jones / Mark Hunt / Cub Swanson / Dustin Poirier / Darrell Montague
PheelGoodInc is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 04:59 AM   #23656 (permalink)
M.C
needs more cowbell
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 10,426
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
Quote:
Originally Posted by PheelGoodInc View Post
Not unamerican at all. Guns aren't for everyone.



It feels kind of like forgetting your cell phone or something at home for the day. It's just a very nagging feeling if I don't have it. I feel uneasy and pray to God today isn't the day.

As for it being a rare occurrence, I've been in several near shootings on duty, and put 2 people at gun point before off duty. I don't live in a ghetto area either.

I've been through numerous training classes that really hammer in the point to take your gun with you everywhere. Active shooters and terrorist attacks are the things which cross my mind most. Had one off duty had a gun at the Colorado theatre, Columbine, Virginia tech, ect many lives could have been saved. If you get a chance check out the Beslan massacre. Again, one armed citizen or off duty with a gun could have saved not only lives, but the survivors lives who will never be the same. This is becoming all too common and is likely to only get worse before better.

This is something I just read today. Another re-enforcement as to why I always carry. http://rhinoden.rangerup.com/the-per...m_medium=email
If you feel uneasy and "pray to god today isn't the day", then you are indeed very paranoid about this subject. I am not saying that to be insulting, I'm saying 99% of the American population doesn't walk around with guns when they go shopping, and none of them are hoping "today isn't the day". You're talking about over 310,000,000 people who are perfectly fine and dandy without even considering carrying a gun, and live full, healthy lives (in regards to getting shot or whatever).

Anyways, no big deal, everyone feels however they feel. We're all going to die in 2 months anyways.

Now, has anyone here ever had cooked sheep nuts? Or goat nuts, I don't remember what it was. I was tricked into eating this like 3-4 years ago and they were surprisingly tasty. I'm actually going to try to find these tomorrow at stores... I doubt I'll have any luck but, am very curious to see what I can find out about them locally.
__________________


“Anna, my strong, terrifying Anna.” -Cas
"You lack the testicular fortitude to study under me" -Elodin
“slow and drunk is no match for fast and scared shitless.”-Jacob
M.C is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 05:42 AM   #23657 (permalink)
American Fighter
 
PheelGoodInc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Eastvale, Ca
Posts: 3,884
PheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings SystemPheelGoodInc Is Beyond A Rankings System
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
If you feel uneasy and "pray to god today isn't the day", then you are indeed very paranoid about this subject. I am not saying that to be insulting, I'm saying 99% of the American population doesn't walk around with guns when they go shopping, and none of them are hoping "today isn't the day". You're talking about over 310,000,000 people who are perfectly fine and dandy without even considering carrying a gun, and live full, healthy lives (in regards to getting shot or whatever).
I am aware that I am one of the few with this mindset. I take that as a compliment, not an insult.

Quote:
Anyways, no big deal, everyone feels however they feel. We're all going to die in 2 months anyways.
If I die, I die with my gun!

__________________


Team PheelGood Fantasy Fight League

Jon Jones / Mark Hunt / Cub Swanson / Dustin Poirier / Darrell Montague
PheelGoodInc is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 08:46 AM   #23658 (permalink)
WEC For Life
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 17,883
Blog Entries: 13
HitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the systemHitOrGetHit has cheated the system
Loving the iphone5. This thing destroys the 4.
__________________

The 2014 Hit Squad (FFL)
Eddie Alvarez - Junior Dos Santos - Patricio Freire - Jessica Eye - Pat Curran
HitOrGetHit is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 08:47 AM   #23659 (permalink)
The Fun Police

 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 9,759
Blog Entries: 1
Killz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among MenKillz Is A God Among Men
Catching up on the walking dead after I abandoned series 2 a couple of episodes in. It appears to be getting good again.
__________________


"You see a mousetrap and I see free cheese and a f**king challenge" ~ Scroobius Pip

My Super FFL Team That Most Definitely Isn't Going to Come 2nd Last This Year!
Jose Aldo • Carlos Condit • Hector Lombard • Edson Barboza • Anthony 'Rumble' Johnson
Killz is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 10:05 AM   #23660 (permalink)
Cheeky freak of the week
 
luckbox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Norway
Posts: 1,646
luckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Greatluckbox Is A Pound 4 Pound Great
What is the difference between Supermod and regular mod on these boards?
__________________

luckbox is offline  
Closed Thread



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios