What Are You Doing Right Now!!!? - Page 3009 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #30081 of 32427 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 05:28 PM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
Pretty sure the US government knows a way to find you on the internet.




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #30082 of 32427 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 06:21 PM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,382
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spite View Post
What exactly does a skunk smell like, if it is comparable to anything else, we don't get things like them in the UK.

Bitcoin, a new type of currency. It has its own exchange rate and such. It can be used to buy real things at retailers that accept it. It has the advantage of being completely anonymous - kinda like paying cash for something - no personal details are recorded in transactions, unless required as a part of the transaction.

A good example of its use would be to buy a VPN service with bitcoins. No personal details are recorded. Some VPN services do not keep user logs therefor keeping your identity and IP address completely anonymous - great for Torrents ect. If the authorities were obtain a court order, ordering the VPN to hand over customers details and logs, the VPN company would not be able to because a) You paid with bitcoins and b) they do not keep logs of IP addresses.

Not that I would participate in such activity
Yeah, that is what people use on Silk Road. Pretty insane. If you havent heard of silk road, google about it. You won't be able to get to the actual site very easily though. Just crazy that such a thing exists.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
Pretty sure the US government knows a way to find you on the internet.
The big thing about it is that it is untraceable. I read about it before. Can't remember exactly how it is done, but the coins are used to purchase illegal things and keep the buyer anonymous from authorities.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Diaz Bro's - Claudia Gadelha - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #30083 of 32427 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 03:38 AM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
Going to a smalltown port this weekend. Probably going to the local bar in the evening, a big fight will go down and i'm falling in love with the prettiest lady there. I can see my life turning into a movie already.

Sent from my GT-S5660 using VerticalSports.Com App

Rauno is offline  
post #30084 of 32427 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 03:47 AM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,376
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spite View Post
What exactly does a skunk smell like, if it is comparable to anything else, we don't get things like them in the UK.

Bitcoin, a new type of currency. It has its own exchange rate and such. It can be used to buy real things at retailers that accept it. It has the advantage of being completely anonymous - kinda like paying cash for something - no personal details are recorded in transactions, unless required as a part of the transaction.

A good example of its use would be to buy a VPN service with bitcoins. No personal details are recorded. Some VPN services do not keep user logs therefor keeping your identity and IP address completely anonymous - great for Torrents ect. If the authorities were obtain a court order, ordering the VPN to hand over customers details and logs, the VPN company would not be able to because a) You paid with bitcoins and b) they do not keep logs of IP addresses.

Not that I would participate in such activity
Funny you mentioned that. Once the smell dissipates a bit it smells somewhat similar to marijuana, but nothing as aromatic. That was the first time I was sprayed almost point blank...about 3 meters away and weaved Matrix style. As I walked in the other direction the wind blew it towards me and I choked on the noxious gas. I was coughing the whole night. It's definitely a very strange defense mechanism. Just imagine an atomic fart x 10 that's highly concentrated. It'll steer predators away.

Cool explanation on bit coin.

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
post #30085 of 32427 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 04:10 AM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
The big thing about it is that it is untraceable. I read about it before. Can't remember exactly how it is done, but the coins are used to purchase illegal things and keep the buyer anonymous from authorities.
Just because they tell you there's no record, doesn't mean there's no record. Look at it like this. Even France knows how to spy on its own people, so you better be sure some guy who sells you stuff that makes you anonymous knows how to keep records.




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
post #30086 of 32427 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 05:53 AM
YNWA
 
Spite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 5,144
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
Just because they tell you there's no record, doesn't mean there's no record. Look at it like this. Even France knows how to spy on its own people, so you better be sure some guy who sells you stuff that makes you anonymous knows how to keep records.
I'm 100% sure governments and other agencies would be able to find, not I'm not sure how they do though; just that it must be possible as they are able to snare top hackers, whom really know what they are doing.

But for grey legal areas, such as torrents ect your pretty much safe because of the amount of hoops your making the person tracking you jump through. They will always go after the soft targets.

I've never heard of anyone being caught downloading stuff who has took appropriate steps to maximise their security.

Nice article here for anyone who's interested in safeguarding their privacy - http://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services...dition-130302/

Spite is offline  
post #30087 of 32427 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 08:56 AM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,382
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
Just because they tell you there's no record, doesn't mean there's no record. Look at it like this. Even France knows how to spy on its own people, so you better be sure some guy who sells you stuff that makes you anonymous knows how to keep records.
It's possible, just not easy. From what I've heard of course. I've never actually used or gotten any.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Diaz Bro's - Claudia Gadelha - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #30088 of 32427 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 09:51 AM
YNWA
 
Spite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 5,144
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
The big thing about it is that it is untraceable. I read about it before. Can't remember exactly how it is done, but the coins are used to purchase illegal things and keep the buyer anonymous from authorities.
It should be pretty easy to access via the TOR network, which in itself is easy to access.

I've often thought about accessing the 'underground web' but I heard a horror story about a guy that used it once. However the story was probably bullshit and the network probably 100% safe.

But the silk road, 70% of stuff for sale there is narcotics. Pay with bitcoins, get the gear posted to you.

Spite is offline  
post #30089 of 32427 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 09:59 AM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,382
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spite View Post
It should be pretty easy to access via the TOR network, which in itself is easy to access.

I've often thought about accessing the 'underground web' but I heard a horror story about a guy that used it once. However the story was probably bullshit and the network probably 100% safe.

But the silk road, 70% of stuff for sale there is narcotics. Pay with bitcoins, get the gear posted to you.
Yeah I've read all about Silk Road. Online black market.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Diaz Bro's - Claudia Gadelha - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #30090 of 32427 (permalink) Old 07-13-2013, 02:30 AM
Cole World
 
Andrus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Estonia
Posts: 1,842
                     
2 fresh episodes of Dexter. In the middle point of the first one, oh god how i've missed it.



Andrus is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome