What Are You Doing Right Now!!!? - Page 3172 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #31711 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 07:54 AM
 
K R Y's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Wales, Boyo!
Posts: 10,734
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
I normally get sick* of the beard at about the 6 week mark but I havent shaved this year and Im determined to make it to at least 3 months.

I say shave, I cant remember the last time I actually shaved. Always just trim.


*Grief off the missus
Yes Hahaha.

I have a pretty long tash going and a thick beard that's longer on the chin. Not a fan of keeping the sides too bushy as it's impossible to keep neat. And as much as I love a beard, it has to be neat no matter the length! Trimmed using a grade 9 (7 on the sides) with trimmers about a month a go(regret) and just snip with scissors now and again.

About 5 months in from a complete trim down(summer with a big beard is hell). Haven't shaved in years. Aiming to keep it growing at least until April!






“There are three things all wise men fear: the sea in storm, a night with no moon, and the anger of a gentle man.”
K R Y is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #31712 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 08:16 AM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Way better than the other way around.

I've been having some ****ed up dreams lately. Super vivid and intense where I'm waking up aggressively. Gotta figure out what's up if I changed something I don't usually have such lucid dreams.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Did you by chance dream of a giant mecha Godzilla that was destroying the city and you had to fight his mecha babies to get to an egg that gives you the power to transform into a blue dragon so you can beat mecha Godzilla?




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
post #31713 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 10:20 AM
LONGHAIRED COUNTRYBOY
 
oldfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: NC.
Posts: 9,766
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Have y'all seen this? Looks like another Oscar for De Niro.


oldfan is offline  
post #31714 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 10:28 AM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
Chael looks so big next to them. What was Kevin Hart doing there?

Rauno is offline  
post #31715 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 11:53 AM
It's a league game, Smokey
 
Ape City's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Planet of the Apes
Posts: 8,241
                     
Most random commercial ever.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App


mad props: Toxic
Ape City is offline  
post #31716 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 01:52 PM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,304
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Way better than the other way around.

I've been having some ****ed up dreams lately. Super vivid and intense where I'm waking up aggressively. Gotta figure out what's up if I changed something I don't usually have such lucid dreams.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
It's really quite simple. You're an intense individual with a lot on your mind most likely. I know people who grind their teeth in their sleep. Myself, I have dreams about zombies all the time.

Try listening to meditation music before you go to sleep. Theta or delta waves. Whatever you watch or listen to before you sleep sometimes translate to how you sleep and dream.

I've tried the polyphasic sleep methods for years. Accomplishing a lot. But the regular 6-8 hours is the best to obtain optimal performance in ones' body and mind.

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
post #31717 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 03:37 PM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,459
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Whenever I have crazy dreams it's usually cos I've taken 5htp before bed.
Killz is offline  
post #31718 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 05:32 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 10,115
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post
It's really quite simple. You're an intense individual with a lot on your mind most likely. I know people who grind their teeth in their sleep. Myself, I have dreams about zombies all the time.

Try listening to meditation music before you go to sleep. Theta or delta waves. Whatever you watch or listen to before you sleep sometimes translate to how you sleep and dream.

I've tried the polyphasic sleep methods for years. Accomplishing a lot. But the regular 6-8 hours is the best to obtain optimal performance in ones' body and mind.
I think it's probably a lot of what is going on in my subconscious because they aren't weird like movies or anything like that. They are just incredibly odd and highly unlikely situations involving people in my life.

Probably most likely to do with nerves over getting a new business off the ground and the relatively new relationship and the uncertainty of everything going on in my life at the moment.




Quote:
Originally Posted by Killz View Post
Whenever I have crazy dreams it's usually cos I've taken 5htp before bed.
I don't usually have crazy dreans with 5-htp however I'd you're a JRE fan I did go through a period of taking alpha brain before I started making my own and I had CRAZY dreams, like so intense I would wake up and go about my day and not realize that my dreams didn't really happen.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #31719 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 02:19 AM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 12,304
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldfan View Post
Have y'all seen this? Looks like another Oscar for De Niro.

Watched a portion of this. It's watchable. It's like another version of Diggstown.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
I think it's probably a lot of what is going on in my subconscious because they aren't weird like movies or anything like that. They are just incredibly odd and highly unlikely situations involving people in my life.

Probably most likely to do with nerves over getting a new business off the ground and the relatively new relationship and the uncertainty of everything going on in my life at the moment.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
Bingo. I believe the subconscious part of our mind leaves clues in the form of dreams. It's up to us to decipher it. The meaning and symbolism behind it. As for the zombie dreams...I'm usually attacking them with a huge onslaught coming at me. I equate this to the enormous pressure of building a business, remaining fiscally solvent, and probably watching too much TWD. Lolz!

Which reminds me, why Inception was sooO bad ass!

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
post #31720 of 32427 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 04:58 AM
It's Hammer Time!
 
Hammerlock2.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 9,589
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerlock2.0 View Post
Did you by chance dream of a giant mecha Godzilla that was destroying the city and you had to fight his mecha babies to get to an egg that gives you the power to transform into a blue dragon so you can beat mecha Godzilla?
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Mercy View Post

Bingo. I believe the subconscious part of our mind leaves clues in the form of dreams. It's up to us to decipher it. The meaning and symbolism behind it. As for the zombie dreams...I'm usually attacking them with a huge onslaught coming at me. I equate this to the enormous pressure of building a business, remaining fiscally solvent, and probably watching too much TWD. Lolz!

Which reminds me, why Inception was sooO bad ass!
So what does my mecha Godzilla dream tell you about me?




Rookie Hammer Squad 2015
Frankie Edgar - Dominick Cruz - Jorge Masvidal - Cat Zingano - Holly Holm
Hammerlock2.0 is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome