What Are You Doing Right Now!!!? - Page 3225 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #32241 of 32427 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 04:15 PM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
Anyone in here actually been to a live UFC event?
I went to UFC 103 featuring Franklin vs Belfort and also JDS vs CC, Kos vs Trigg, Daley vs Kampmann and a night full of knockouts.


Also went to the last ever Strikeforce event in OKC that had Tarec, Marquardt, Cormier, Barnett, Jacare, Gracie and others.

I posted pictures of both. I have tons more pics.

OU is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32242 of 32427 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 04:30 PM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,899
Blog Entries: 13
                     
How close do you need to be to get a decent view?


-Always Supporting-
Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Demian Maia - Miesha Tate - Claudia Gadelha - Jessica Eye - Tecia Torres

Come watch me make a fool of myself on YouTube
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #32243 of 32427 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 04:35 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 9,917
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
How close do you need to be to get a decent view?
Depends on the arena, I've been to quite a few and honestly I prefer sitting in the first row of the upper bowl over everything. It's really cool to sit on the floor, I sat about 100ft from the cage at UFC 123, but you spend a lot of time looking at the screens and it can be hard to see the ground work. But the cage is massive you can see it well form pretty much anywhere in the arena.

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #32244 of 32427 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 04:37 PM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 19,899
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Cool. Getting ready to buy my tickets for the Browne/Werdum Fight Night!


-Always Supporting-
Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Demian Maia - Miesha Tate - Claudia Gadelha - Jessica Eye - Tecia Torres

Come watch me make a fool of myself on YouTube
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #32245 of 32427 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 04:40 PM
OU
Ultra-weight
 
OU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 6,080
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Life B Ez View Post
Depends on the arena, I've been to quite a few and honestly I prefer sitting in the first row of the upper bowl over everything. It's really cool to sit on the floor, I sat about 100ft from the cage at UFC 123, but you spend a lot of time looking at the screens and it can be hard to see the ground work. But the cage is massive you can see it well form pretty much anywhere in the arena.
This exactly. I had the choice for the SF event of sitting on the floor a few rows back or sitting in the front 1 of the next highest section and I did just that. I happened to be right where all the fighters walked where they left the cage, it's where I was assaulted by a disease filled towel by Josh Barnett, hit me right in the face with it lol

Now I sat in the lower part of the 2nd deck in Dallas for UFC 103 but I was right in the center of the cage, no obstructed view at any time and the replay monitor was very large at American Airlines Arena. I had 2 very different, but equally great experiences but my view was better for UFC 103 when I was higher up but center stage. But it's important to note I was in the front row of both sections which really helped.
OU is offline  
post #32246 of 32427 (permalink) Old 02-12-2014, 04:49 PM
"Focus"
 
Life B Ez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Detroit, MI
Posts: 9,917
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by OU View Post
This exactly. I had the choice for the SF event of sitting on the floor a few rows back or sitting in the front 1 of the next highest section and I did just that. I happened to be right where all the fighters walked where they left the cage, it's where I was assaulted by a disease filled towel by Josh Barnett, hit me right in the face with it lol

Now I sat in the lower part of the 2nd deck in Dallas for UFC 103 but I was right in the center of the cage, no obstructed view at any time and the replay monitor was very large at American Airlines Arena. I had 2 very different, but equally great experiences but my view was better for UFC 103 when I was higher up but center stage. But it's important to note I was in the front row of both sections which really helped.
At 123 I was in a folding chair on the ground floor about six or seven rows from the security gate that divides the crowd from the cage/prep area and it was an amazing experience but sitting that close, at least in the arena I was in, I was basically underneath the cage looking up into it so a lot of things were blocked or obstructed especially on the far side. I'm glad I spent the money to get those seats, but I probably won't ever do it again honestly.

Think. It Ain't Illegal Yet
"Discipline Hurts Less Than Regret"
Life B Ez is offline  
post #32247 of 32427 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 09:34 AM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,644
                     
Sochi is freakin' weird. Caught a glimpse of skiing today. People in short sleeved shirts and +12C.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Rauno is offline  
post #32248 of 32427 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 11:16 AM
BEWARE OF THE PENGUIN!
 
No_Mercy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 11,908
                     
Ran into this video ---> Didn't exactly think it was worthy for a standalone thread, but given our latest hot trending alcohol thread I thought it be fitting.

Heineken Irish Legend Talent Search


Gonna grab some breakfast.

Marcus Aurelius: Tell me again, Maximus, why are we here?
Maximus: For the glory of the Empire, sire.

Baked, not fried... the healthy choice.

No_Mercy is offline  
post #32249 of 32427 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 11:29 AM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,644
                     
Preparing some dinner.

Rauno is offline  
post #32250 of 32427 (permalink) Old 02-13-2014, 02:05 PM
Featherweight
 
AlanS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,244
                     
As soon as I got a hard drive of X-Files to watch on nights, we get stuck with a trainee all night. No flunking off for us

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

Sig Rep: Toxic

Formerly known as Firemass
AlanS is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome