What Are You Doing Right Now!!!? - Page 820 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #8191 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 08:17 AM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by HitOrGetHit View Post
I am driving from Florida to Maryland.
I know absolutely nothing about the distance, but i guess it's a long drive?

Rauno is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8192 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 08:20 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,356
Blog Entries: 1
                     
I just heard that i 'might' be getting matched up for my first MMA fight in may.... the guy i am possibly fighting is a guy who came to our gym for 1 or 2 sparring sessions last month and got dropped 4-5 times in both sessions (twice by me).

I have 2 problems with this.

1 - What do i have to gain from fighting a guy who is laughed at in our gym and has been knocked out in the 1st round in his last 3 fights. What if he catches me with a lucky shot and i go down?

2 - Ive said for months that i had no intention of fighting as i dont have time to train properly for it, as i have a young daughter, who i'm not overly keen on spending lots of time away from.

However, my coach has been giving me loads of good feedback on my striking recently and he want's me to fight.
Killz is offline  
post #8193 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 08:25 AM
HiiiPoWeR
 
Rauno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Estonia
Posts: 17,676
                     
At least you would get some experience inside the cage, get to deal with all the anxiety, weight cutting and such.

Rauno is offline  
post #8194 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 08:28 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,356
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
At least you would get some experience inside the cage, get to deal with all the anxiety, weight cutting and such.
that's the other side of the argument.

I get to fight a guy i KNOW i can beat, and most probably knock out.

I get to fight, infront of my friends and family

I probably will never get round to competing if i don't just do it.


I wouldn't underestimate him and i would train my ass off as if i was training to fight GSP.
Killz is offline  
post #8195 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 09:17 AM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,129
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rauno View Post
I know absolutely nothing about the distance, but i guess it's a long drive?


Mapquest has it around 13-14 Hours and it is about 845 miles.


-Always Supporting-
Miesha Tate - Urijah Faber - Dustin Poirier - Frankie Edgar - Claudia Gadelha - Tecia Torres - Demian Maia - Jessica Eye - Diaz Bro's

Sig Credit: M.C
HitOrGetHit is offline  
post #8196 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 10:04 AM
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,603
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killstarz View Post
that's the other side of the argument.

• I get to fight a guy i KNOW i can beat, and most probably knock out.

• I get to fight, infront of my friends and family

• I probably will never get round to competing if i don't just do it.


I wouldn't underestimate him and i would train my ass off as if i was training to fight GSP.

How long has it been since you seen this guy train?? Thats a big question. I would take it but I would be careful. You know him but he knows you.

And Hit that is a hell of a drive!!



Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline  
post #8197 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 10:13 AM
The Fun Police
 
Killz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: UK... Where the sun never shines.
Posts: 11,356
Blog Entries: 1
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Land View Post
How long has it been since you seen this guy train?? Thats a big question. I would take it but I would be careful. You know him but he knows you.

And Hit that is a hell of a drive!!
2 months ago maybe?

he doesnt really train, he just turns up to fight as far as i know. He has another fight in february and i'll be able to see if he is any better then.

to be honest, even if he has trained every week i'd still be confident of beating him.
Killz is offline  
post #8198 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 10:32 AM
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,603
                     
Well then its up to you bro



Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline  
post #8199 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 10:33 AM
Dexter Morgan
 
Intermission's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 5,804
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Killstarz View Post
2 months ago maybe?

he doesnt really train, he just turns up to fight as far as i know. He has another fight in february and i'll be able to see if he is any better then.

to be honest, even if he has trained every week i'd still be confident of beating him.
Take the fight buddy, I have seen so many time people put off fighting "to train a bit more" and then they never end up doing it. Worse come to worst you get ammy experience and can learn your stregnths and weaknesses.

Intermission is offline  
post #8200 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-17-2010, 11:43 AM
"I <3 Trolls"
 
TraMaI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 6,923
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermission View Post
Take the fight buddy, I have seen so many time people put off fighting "to train a bit more" and then they never end up doing it. Worse come to worst you get ammy experience and can learn your stregnths and weaknesses.
This. Doesn't matter even if you do lose. It's an ammy fight and won't even show up on your record.
TraMaI is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome