What Are You Doing Right Now!!!? - Page 827 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #8261 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 10:50 AM
Cupcake: Team Tate
 
LizaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 10,630
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
You'll be rolling around with another girl, what will your beloved one say about that?
Very funny.

She's as freaked out as I am, hopefully chatting with other female fighters will help over the next few weeks as I have a million and one questions to ask them all. Met a few online so my gal-pal brethren should hopefully keep me calm.

Never fought before so have no idea what are bad or good emotions coming into the fight
LizaG is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #8262 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Lightweight
 
Freelancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,658
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizaG View Post
Very funny.

She's as freaked out as I am, hopefully chatting with other female fighters will help over the next few weeks as I have a million and one questions to ask them all. Met a few online so my gal-pal brethren should hopefully keep me calm.

Never fought before so have no idea what are bad or good emotions coming into the fight
Here's some thoughts about that from Frank Murr.

"He who defeats himself is the mightiest warrior" - Confucius(I think)
Freelancer is offline  
post #8263 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 10:54 AM
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,603
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizaG View Post
Very funny.

She's as freaked out as I am, hopefully chatting with other female fighters will help over the next few weeks as I have a million and one questions to ask them all. Met a few online so my gal-pal brethren should hopefully keep me calm.

Never fought before so have no idea what are bad or good emotions coming into the fight

Get ready to have a blast!!! Take it all in from the weigh-ins to your hand getting raised!!! Its the best damn feeling in the world........except filling out all the damn paperwork lol......



Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline  
post #8264 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 10:59 AM
Cupcake: Team Tate
 
LizaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 10,630
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by G_Land View Post
Get ready to have a blast!!! Take it all in from the weigh-ins to your hand getting raised!!! Its the best damn feeling in the world........except filling out all the damn paperwork lol......
yeah lol, I'm dieting the best I can so the weight would be one less thing to worry about. I daren't even think of getting my hand raised though because I feel like I've been arrogant or jumping the gun to even believe I could win yet.

they're pairing me up as we speak, should be interesting to find out what kind of fighter I will be getting.

What paperwork would be involved? I'm guessing medical stuff?
LizaG is offline  
post #8265 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 11:05 AM
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,603
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by LizaG View Post
yeah lol, I'm dieting the best I can so the weight would be one less thing to worry about. I daren't even think of getting my hand raised though because I feel like I've been arrogant or jumping the gun to even believe I could win yet.

they're pairing me up as we speak, should be interesting to find out what kind of fighter I will be getting.

What paperwork would be involved? I'm guessing medical stuff?

With the hand being raised thing I ment dont look forward to it but dont get caught in the moment relish it!!!

And yeah medical stuff. Hep B and C / HIV tests pre-fight physicals, getting aproved by the commish its usually an all day thing



Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline  
post #8266 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 11:08 AM
Cupcake: Team Tate
 
LizaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 10,630
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Cool, it's an inter-club thing, one gym vs another gym so dunno what kinda commission stuff would apply here, but should be fun even if I do it just the once.

Just got an email from my coach so I have an opponent, a weight, as rule-set....now just need the training
LizaG is offline  
post #8267 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,603
                     
Nice remember dont leave anything on the matt........What ifs suck



Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline  
post #8268 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 11:32 AM
Cupcake: Team Tate
 
LizaG's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Posts: 10,630
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Good point and one I always have running through my head, I'm usually quite cautious so I gotta remember to keep the pace up.

The better half is already freaking out and that doesn't help so will have to do something about that or it will just grate on my nerves and distract me.
LizaG is offline  
post #8269 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 12:44 PM
Lightweight
 
Freelancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 1,658
                     
I've just seen Batman:Under the Red Hood.
I LOVE IT! IT'S ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! I LOVE THE DRAWINGS, THE ANIMATION, THE STORY, THE DIALOGUE!
I LOVE IT!!!

"He who defeats himself is the mightiest warrior" - Confucius(I think)
Freelancer is offline  
post #8270 of 32427 (permalink) Old 12-21-2010, 12:46 PM
Roll Tide Roll
 
G_Land's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: South West Alabama
Posts: 7,603
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freelancer View Post
I've just seen Batman:Under the Red Hood.
I LOVE IT! IT'S ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC! I LOVE THE DRAWINGS, THE ANIMATION, THE STORY, THE DIALOGUE!
I LOVE IT!!!

So tell us how you feel about "Batman:Under The Red Hood"?



Credit to M.C !!
G_Land is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome