*MMAF OFFICIAL* You Laugh; You Lose Thread! - Page 64 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply

Old 02-14-2011, 11:05 PM   #631 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
SpoKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 4,601
SpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
It is easy to disprove the bible. The bible is very fallible, and full of contradictions. Hence the thousands of manuscripts and versions of the bible, all different than the next.
If the bible is full of so many contradictions, than show me one. The only reason I fully believe the bible right now is because I personally did the research trying to disprove it. The bible has not 1 contradiction in it.

And if it does, than show me.
__________________

Sweet sig by Life B EZ


I feel like I get paid way to much money, but not enough -Nick Diaz
SpoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-14-2011, 11:06 PM   #632 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,451
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoKen View Post
How is that not proof? To say that a nation that didn't exist for over 1900 years would be reborn in 1 day in the same exact location is pretty definite.
make you a deal prove what you just said exactly and i will become a christian on the spot.

that is simply impossible :P but id love to see it if im wrong

Quote:
If the bible is full of so many contradictions, than show me one. The only reason I fully believe the bible right now is because I personally did the research trying to disprove it. The bible has not 1 contradiction in it.

And if it does, than show me.
no.

i will show you 10
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:08 PM   #633 (permalink)
M.C
-AUTHORITAH-
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 9,610
M.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the systemM.C has cheated the system
It's a random prediction that can be made by anyone. I could say that America will called something different someday somtime in the future, no real date, no details, just that it will be done in the future. It comes true, that makes me God, yes? No, it means over the course of an infinite amount of time, ANYTHING can happen.

What you call proof and evidence is not anything that any single person on this planet today could not do. If this was a court room, and you said "Yes, here is the proof" and you gave a prediction that someone made thousands of years ago that has no details, no time span, no nothing, just a simple prediction and it came true, you would lose in court, and lose bad. No court would ever accept that evidence, not even to the slightest bit, it would be null and void.

Evidence is something you can TEST, something you can test multiple times, something that you can see, feel and touch, not just once, but multiple times and can be proven that you are indeed feeling, touching, and seeing it, proven again, then proven again then proven again then proven again then proven again over and over and over until it became fact, and indeed evidence.

If you think someone making a prediction thouands of years ago about something that has almost no detail and an infnite amount of time is proof that there's a magic man in the sky, what can I say?
__________________



Click Images Above
M.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:09 PM   #634 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
SpoKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 4,601
SpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
make you a deal prove what you just said exactly and i will become a christian on the spot.

that is simply impossible :P but id love to see it if im wrong



no.

i will show you 10
I'll show you 10.

http://www.watchmanbiblestudy.com/Ar...sFulfilled.htm

Copy pasta action!
__________________

Sweet sig by Life B EZ


I feel like I get paid way to much money, but not enough -Nick Diaz
SpoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:11 PM   #635 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
SpoKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 4,601
SpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
It's a random prediction that can be made by anyone. I could say that America will called something different someday somtime in the future, no real date, no details, just that it will be done in the future. It comes true, that makes me God, yes? No, it means over the course of an infinite amount of time, ANYTHING can happen.

What you call proof and evidence is not anything that any single person on this planet today could not do. If this was a court room, and you said "Yes, here is the proof" and you gave a prediction that someone made thousands of years ago that has no details, no time span, no nothing, just a simple prediction and it came true, you would lose in court, and lose bad. No court would ever accept that evidence, not even to the slightest bit, it would be null and void.

Evidence is something you can TEST, something you can test multiple times, something that you can see, feel and touch, not just once, but multiple times and can be proven that you are indeed feeling, touching, and seeing it, proven again, then proven again then proven again then proven again then proven again over and over and over until it became fact, and indeed evidence.

If you think someone making a prediction thouands of years ago about something that has almost no detail and an infnite amount of time is proof that there's a magic man in the sky, what can I say?
I can go all day with bible prophecy if you like. There are LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of predictions with pin point accuracy.

Some of them haven't happened yet, but the ones that haven't happened mostly fall under the end of the world category.
__________________

Sweet sig by Life B EZ


I feel like I get paid way to much money, but not enough -Nick Diaz
SpoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:13 PM   #636 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,451
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoKen View Post

okay there are more like 50 contradictions, but in case its not included the age limitation set by god in genesis which is broken by moses and sarah pages later is my favorite.

__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:23 PM   #637 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
SpoKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 4,601
SpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
okay there are more like 50 contradictions, but in case its not included the age limitation set by god in genesis which is broken by moses and sarah pages later is my favorite.

It's kind of funny, I got half way through the list and I realized, there is no way for a non christian to discern spiritual things and physical things.

I can't go through the whole list obviously. But some that a lot of people get confused with is that god says he is 1 and he also says he is 3.

How can god be 1 person while being 3 people? Well, this is one of those spiritual things that only the holy ghost (1 of the 3) can reveal to you. I can sum it up the best way I can though.

Basically he is of 1 mind, and 1 mind controls all 3 persons. The father, the son, and the holy spirit. They all have different roles, but they are all the same.

I encourage you to, instead of reading 1 particular verse, find that chapter and read it. You can take a couple sentences out of any book and put it in any context you like. The bible stresses you read things in their proper context, and I can assure you all of those are taken out of context.
__________________

Sweet sig by Life B EZ


I feel like I get paid way to much money, but not enough -Nick Diaz
SpoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:24 PM   #638 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,451
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoKen View Post
I can go all day with bible prophecy if you like. There are LOTS and LOTS and LOTS of predictions with pin point accuracy.

Some of them haven't happened yet, but the ones that haven't happened mostly fall under the end of the world category.
i happen to have a bible handy.. well three.. but anyways i read the verse myself and here is the prophecy:

I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them," says the Lord your God.

there is no timeline what so ever given, the "promised land" is not exactly where israel now resides. we know this because the bible gives a good enough description of its location in the old testament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Land

that prophecy isn't just completely vague, the way you presented it was completely false. Nostradamus had way more success than the bible at predicting things x.X

Quote:
It's kind of funny, I got half way through the list and I realized, there is no way for a non christian to discern spiritual things and physical things.

I can't go through the whole list obviously. But some that a lot of people get confused with is that god says he is 1 and he also says he is 3.

How can god be 1 person while being 3 people? Well, this is one of those spiritual things that only the holy ghost (1 of the 3) can reveal to you. I can sum it up the best way I can though.

Basically he is of 1 mind, and 1 mind controls all 3 persons. The father, the son, and the holy spirit. They all have different roles, but they are all the same.

I encourage you to, instead of reading 1 particular verse, find that chapter and read it. You can take a couple sentences out of any book and put it in any context you like. The bible stresses you read things in their proper context, and I can assure you all of those are taken out of context.
__________________
oh you

ive read the bible on multiple occasions and actually used to believe in god. i fully understand the three in one, the trinity, god/jesus/holy spirit, no one to the father except thru the son, accepting jesus and allowing the holy spirit in your heart etc etc i would never use that particular one as a contradiction because even ill admit its kinda weak.

I know its off topic, but.. do you know dantes inferno? its cool and all, definitely the best. but its only 1 of 3. check out the other two (just for fun) they are awesome. in the last one (paradiso) he tries to describe the holy trinity as he ascends to the highest reaches of heaven. he fails to describe it, but i love his attempt
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.




Last edited by xeberus : 02-14-2011 at 11:29 PM.
xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:30 PM   #639 (permalink)
Super Heavyweight
 
SpoKen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Portland, Or
Posts: 4,601
SpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF MaterialSpoKen Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
i happen to have a bible handy.. well three.. but anyways i read the verse myself and here is the prophecy:

I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them," says the Lord your God.

there is no timeline what so ever given, the "promised land" is not exactly where israel now resides. we know this because the bible gives a good enough description of its location in the old testament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Land

that prophecy isn't just completely vague, the way you presented it was completely false. Nostradamus had way more success than the bible at predicting things x.X
Ahh, of course. If your looking for a timeline, you want to be in the book of Daniel. The bible throws a lot of stuff around, but Daniel is good with timelines. Heh, very good with timelines.

Here ya go.
http://www.teachinghearts.org/dre03propdanielnotes.html
This site has a pretty good layout.

As for the holy land, it specifically says in other places that there will be many disputes over land. It makes a big case about Jerusalem being a burden stone to the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeberus View Post
i happen to have a bible handy.. well three.. but anyways i read the verse myself and here is the prophecy:

I will bring back my exiled people Israel; they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them. They will plant vineyards and drink their wine; they will make gardens and eat their fruit. I will plant Israel in their own land, never again to be uprooted from the land I have given them," says the Lord your God.

there is no timeline what so ever given, the "promised land" is not exactly where israel now resides. we know this because the bible gives a good enough description of its location in the old testament.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_Land

that prophecy isn't just completely vague, the way you presented it was completely false. Nostradamus had way more success than the bible at predicting things x.X



oh you

ive read the bible on multiple occasions and actually used to believe in god. i fully understand the three in one, the trinity, god/jesus/holy spirit, no one to the father except thru the son, accepting jesus and allowing the holy spirit in your heart etc etc i would never use that particular one as a contradiction because even ill admit its kinda weak.

I know its off topic, but.. do you know dantes inferno? its cool and all, definitely the best. but its only 1 of 3. check out the other two (just for fun) they are awesome. in the last one (paradiso) he tries to describe the holy trinity as he ascends to the highest reaches of heaven. he fails to describe it, but i love his attempt
Surely if you read the bible you're familiar with the verse 1 john 2:19.

"They went out from us, but they were not really of us; for if they had been of us, they would have remained with us; but they went out, so that it would be shown that they all are not of us."
__________________

Sweet sig by Life B EZ


I feel like I get paid way to much money, but not enough -Nick Diaz

Last edited by M.C : 02-14-2011 at 11:37 PM. Reason: double post you troll!!!!
SpoKen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 11:36 PM   #640 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,451
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpoKen View Post
Ahh, of course. If your looking for a timeline, you want to be in the book of Daniel. The bible throws a lot of stuff around, but Daniel is good with timelines. Heh, very good with timelines.

Here ya go.
http://www.teachinghearts.org/dre03propdanielnotes.html
This site has a pretty good layout.

As for the holy land, it specifically says in other places that there will be many disputes over land. It makes a big case about Jerusalem being a burden stone to the world.

my bible actually has a timeline somewhere in it. its the "zonervan: NIV study bible" its actually my favorite bible

the problem with that prophecy and the ones like it, are that they are to vague when they shouldn't and didn't have to be. and even if they were wrong you could always say to those verses that they merely hadn't came to fruition yet. i'd need something specific, something exact and correct. but even that would have to be special, as many prophecies in the bible as there are.. even a broken watch is exactly right twice a day.
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios