Close call for me last night!!!! - Page 3 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

Reply

Old 09-28-2008, 04:58 AM   #21 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJB23 View Post
No you would not. You obviously have no idea how a breathalizer works. You would blow over the legal limit, doesn't mean you would be drunk because everyone has different tolerances but you would definetly blow over the legal limit if you had 4 shots and then got pulled over. Drinking 2 beers in an hour is enough to be legally drunk.
Your wrong. I know exactly how a breathalyzer works. You need to know your body weight. It tests your BAC (blood alcohol level) depending on the state is can vary as far as what BAC you can have and be fine. But a male 185lbs gains .02%/BAC per 1 drink he consumes, the average male body disposes of .9-1.3 of these "drinks" per hour. More of less its your body filtering the alcohol out of your blood. 1 drink = 12ounces of 5%alc beer/wine or a 1shot of a 40%alc substance. The more blood in your body (the more you weigh) the less your BAC compared to someone smaller. 4 drinks for the average male being 4 beers/4shots of vodka would make him blow a .08 however 5min/60 12% less of a shot meaning as long as I weigh 185+ what I said was absolutely a true statement.

I've read the books, ive taken the classes, ive been to court, ive been arrested and I have no convictions. You obviously have no idea what you are talking about, maybe know something about it before you try to correct people next time, eh?

Just for kicks and giggles I would break the simple math involved to find out what I would blow 5minutes after having 4 shots of my favorite 40% alcohol vodka. The last time I was weighed I was around 235, I would blow a 0.068 grams of alcohol per 100 grams of my blood.
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.



xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-28-2008, 07:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Your a ******* moron zztiger, if you can't see whats wrong with being .01 under the limit. There has been times in my life when I would have had no problem dropping a shoulder of vodka and going on about my daily buisness with little ill effect whatsoever, and I still wouldn't get behind the wheel after ONE drink. Why? Because it does affect you. You said it yourself, "I don't have to be 100% for the ride home". Nice. Nice.

Do you have any idea how ******* retarded you sound? "I'm fine I'm only after a few drinks." Yeah, and I'm bruce Lee when I'm drunk, my fighting skill goes through the roof andI can successfully take on groups of people.

Your reply only shows what a douchebag you really are lol. Way to defend yourself on accusations of being a tit.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:41 AM   #23 (permalink)
Light Heavyweight
 
Biowza's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Posts: 3,474
Blog Entries: 1
Biowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A BallerBiowza Is A Baller
I agree with most people in this thread. You never should have gotten behind the wheel of the car, even if you feel fine, the chances are that you weren't. It is people like you who say "Nah mate, I'm fine" who end up killing people.
Biowza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:47 AM   #24 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
Wow, so now ANYONE who drinks at all before driving is a douche?
Well, that is what I said isn't it?

Oh wait, no it wasn't......

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
He was under the limit,
Just barely, and thats not why I think he is a retard.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HexRei View Post
I don't see why he becomes a douche for having three drinks in an evening before driving home. That's really not much, hell I would barely even feel a buzz from that.
And some people would be stumbling around half drunk.


I have an idea, we should have people do drukeness tests where they get to drink as many drinks as they like till they know they are still fine to drive and then test their alcohol level. This can then be the legal drinking and driving level for that person. We could do it as part of the test to get a driving license and have it programmed into it and shit, that'd rule. Thus solving the age old problem of people not being allowed to drinkas much as they think they can handle and still drive once and for all.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:50 AM   #25 (permalink)
The Forum Drunk
 
xeberus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 9,450
xeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Materialxeberus Is Future HOF Material
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation View Post
Well, that is what I said isn't it?

Oh wait, no it wasn't......


Just barely, and thats not why I think he is a retard.



And some people would be stumbling around half drunk.


I have an idea, we should have people do drukeness tests where they get to drink as many drinks as they like till they know they are still fine to drive and then test their alcohol level. This can then be the legal drinking and driving level for that person. We could do it as part of the test to get a driving license and have it programmed into it and shit, that'd rule. Thus solving the age old problem of people not being allowed to drinkas much as they think they can handle and still drive once and for all.
haha loved that last part. the problem is at .08 I still have about the same judgment, reasoning, logic and all the same activities i could normally, the problem is my ability to multitask has taken a dive and my reaction time is down by 15-20%. driving on a dark road without a lot of traffic etc sure most people are going to be fine. but its when a dog runs out in front of you or something happens that you have to adjust your driving to quickly that problems occur. personally i dont drink and drive because of the hefty fines and the fear of losing my license, again. <-- agreed to give up my license for a period of 6months for the court to accept a plea of not-guilty to minor in possession, under age DUI, DUI at the advice of my legal council.
__________________


If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so. ~ Thomas Jefferson


Sig by D.P.




Last edited by xeberus : 09-28-2008 at 10:55 AM.
xeberus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:03 AM   #26 (permalink)
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
 
ZZtigerZZ81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,065
Blog Entries: 3
ZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World Renown
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gluteal Cleft View Post
Actually... you're the idiot for thinking that you would be able to accurately judge how fit you were to drive after you've had a few drinks. Even though you were a tiny touch under the limit, you simply cannot have that alcohol level and still be 100%. Sure, you felt like it, but that didn't make it so.

It's douchebags that say "No, I'm good to drive, I feel fine" that kill people. If you're going to drink, have someone else drive. And if you have to say "Don't judge me", then it's pretty much a given that what you were doing was wrong.

Just last week I got to sit in my brother's DUI trial, and see a whole lot of people who thought they were just fine to drive, too. My brother is going to jail, and I'm kind of glad. As much as I love him, he just doesn't take drinking and driving seriously, even after his first DUI. So the judge is rightfully giving him a reason to take it seriously. Hopefully you'll start taking it seriously on your own, before someone else (or someone else's death) forces you to.
Actually I am not an idiot, but thanks for thinking I am. I made a decision to drive well after the effects of alcohol had worn off. If you think for a second I would have gotten behind the wheel to drive 30 miles while a little drunk you are an idiot and that was what I was saying. You don't know me and to assume I am an idiot makes you look lie one. I took it seriously before, if I hadn't there would have been no way in hell I could have reached the age of 27 and not have one DUI on my record. Cops look hard for that. They will just pull you over after certain hours to check and really have no reason to do so. I have always worked in the food and beverage indutry and worked late at night. So, I got pulled over a lot going home from work.

I know why the laws are made so try not to sound so high and mighty when lecturing me.

It is people like you that think people can't make good decisions at anytime after consuming alcohol that piss me off. I am still an adult and still able to make good decisions. The fact that I didn't get any more drinks in the last hour is one. The fact that I hung out a little outside of the bar talking is another. I am conscientious person even when I drink, regardless of what you or a couple of other retards think.

I wasn't saying don't judge me for what I was doing. But you assume I am unable to make a logical decision while having had a few drinks hours before I got behind the wheel. Don't judge my decision making process, regardless of when it happens. Because like the original post pointed out, I am not like everyone else and blanket assumptions such as the one you, Xitup, and the Negation made aren't warranted, welcomed, or correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XitUp View Post
Wow, showing off about getting away with drink driving. You're so ******* cool.
If you took that as showing off, then you are much dumber then I thought. I actually thought you were intelligent. I was only sharing a story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNegation View Post
Your a ******* moron zztiger, if you can't see whats wrong with being .01 under the limit. There has been times in my life when I would have had no problem dropping a shoulder of vodka and going on about my daily buisness with little ill effect whatsoever, and I still wouldn't get behind the wheel after ONE drink. Why? Because it does affect you. You said it yourself, "I don't have to be 100% for the ride home". Nice. Nice.

Do you have any idea how ******* retarded you sound? "I'm fine I'm only after a few drinks." Yeah, and I'm bruce Lee when I'm drunk, my fighting skill goes through the roof andI can successfully take on groups of people.

Your reply only shows what a douchebag you really are lol. Way to defend yourself on accusations of being a tit.
I don't have to be 100% for the ride home, on fact a rarely am 100% at 2 am regardless of whether or not I had something to drink. Your problems with alcohol dwarf mine and I am sorry to hear that you went through that in your life. I rarely drink and I had a good time with some friends. If you want to wish me off to jail go right ahead, but I will not sit here and agree with you. I am surprised that you are in agreement with the lawmakers that .08 should be the standard and not looked at in any other fashion.

I am fine after only a few drinks. If an adult person can't do anything after drinking at all, then why do we have it available to us? IF that makes me sound retarded in your eyes, so be it. I assure you that it does not hurt my feelings for an outspoken tool such as yourself to think any less of me. Or criticize my decision making abilities because well, I made an okay decision afterall. I did okay in the eyes of Johnny Law and I am not mad at them for doing their job. I am mad that I blew a .079 and felt no effects of alcohol when I got behind the wheel. I honestly was stone cold sober. For the three of you to miss that point is amazing. Everyone else seemed to comprehend it just fine. Especially as much as the two from the UK nitpick posts.
__________________
ZZtigerZZ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
www.toezup.com
 
ToeZup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,189
ToeZup Is Beloved By AllToeZup Is Beloved By AllToeZup Is Beloved By AllToeZup Is Beloved By AllToeZup Is Beloved By AllToeZup Is Beloved By AllToeZup Is Beloved By AllToeZup Is Beloved By AllToeZup Is Beloved By AllToeZup Is Beloved By AllToeZup Is Beloved By All
That does sound like a close call bro i'm glad it all worked out. Doesn't get any closer than that.
__________________
ToeZup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:25 AM   #28 (permalink)
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,393
bail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crossesbail3yz Is Respected By All He Crosses
Im going to side with ZZtiger. I have a feeling alot of these replies are from people that dont drink very often.

If you drink enough, you'll know your limit. And thats actually irrelevant because he was still below the legal limit so who cares? And the legal limit is set VERY low. He was just surprised that he was that close when he thought he was way under because he felt completely fine and stopped drinking awhile ago.

People calling him a retard, and comparing him to drunk drivers that killed families are retarded.
bail3yz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:27 AM   #29 (permalink)
LEGEN...wait for it...DARY
 
ZZtigerZZ81's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Georgia
Posts: 5,065
Blog Entries: 3
ZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World RenownZZtigerZZ81 Is World Renown
People that kill people behind the wheel are often sober.

41,000+ die every year in the US from fatal car crashes
http://www-fars.nhtsa.dot.gov/Main/index.aspx

13,470 of those were alcohol related
http://www.alcoholalert.com/drunk-dr...tatistics.html

So, statistically speaking 33% of people involved in traffic related fatalities, alcohol played a role. That leaves 66% of all traffic fatalities in the year of 2006 not alcohol related. So, to try and use fear mongering or blanket statements about me potentially killing someone. I am twice as likely to do that when I am sober. It has a lot more to do with everyother factor involved with the one person then you care to admit. Such as the quality of vehicle, driving conditions, driving experience, driving habits, knowledge of areas, traffic volume, vehicle design, etc. I admit that alcohol will affect a person's ability to drive more then any one of these reasons, but to not consider them is just ignoring facts. That said, all these other conditions were ideal.

The fact that you assume a person who has been drinking is automatically to blame also skews your opinion of the facts. But I imagine your response would be, "they shouldn't be on the road to get in the accident anyway". Maybe they aren't and the three-year-old on the sidewalk that they stopped the other driver from hitting gets killed instead. See, fear-mongering goes both ways.
__________________
ZZtigerZZ81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:33 AM   #30 (permalink)
Banned
 
TheNegation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 6,809
TheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He CrossesTheNegation Is Respected By All He Crosses
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZtigerZZ81 View Post

It is people like you that think people can't make good decisions at anytime after consuming alcohol that piss me off.
Driving that close to being over the legal limit was a great decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZtigerZZ81 View Post
I am still an adult and still able to make good decisions. The fact that I didn't get any more drinks in the last hour is one. The fact that I hung out a little outside of the bar talking is another. I am conscientious person even when I drink, regardless of what you or a couple of other retards think.
Good job, you were conscientous enough to get away with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZtigerZZ81 View Post
I wasn't saying don't judge me for what I was doing. But you assume I am unable to make a logical decision while having had a few drinks hours before I got behind the wheel. Don't judge my decision making process, regardless of when it happens. Because like the original post pointed out, I am not like everyone else and blanket assumptions such as the one you, Xitup, and the Negation made aren't warranted, welcomed, or correct.
Making logical decisions isn't really the issue. Some drunk retard stumbles in front of your car on his walk home and you've got alcohol in you that shit slows down your reaction time( I don't care how good you feel, thats a fact). Having had a few drinks can be the difference between killing someone or not.





Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZtigerZZ81 View Post
I don't have to be 100% for the ride home, on fact a rarely am 100% at 2 am regardless of whether or not I had something to drink. Your problems with alcohol dwarf mine and I am sorry to hear that you went through that in your life. I rarely drink and I had a good time with some friends. If you want to wish me off to jail go right ahead, but I will not sit here and agree with you. I am surprised that you are in agreement with the lawmakers that .08 should be the standard and not looked at in any other fashion.
I don't wish you off to jail, I wish whatever it would take to make you drop this insane attitude towards drinking and driving you have could happen to you though.

I don't think people should be allowed to drive with any alcohol in their system, for the same reasons you don't agree with the way it is currently. Alcohol affects people in different ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZtigerZZ81 View Post
I am fine after only a few drinks. If an adult person can't do anything after drinking at all, then why do we have it available to us? IF that makes me sound retarded in your eyes, so be it. I assure you that it does not hurt my feelings for an outspoken tool such as yourself to think any less of me. Or criticize my decision making abilities because well, I made an okay decision afterall. I did okay in the eyes of Johnny Law and I am not mad at them for doing their job. I am mad that I blew a .079 and felt no effects of alcohol when I got behind the wheel. I honestly was stone cold sober. For the three of you to miss that point is amazing. Everyone else seemed to comprehend it just fine. Especially as much as the two from the UK nitpick posts.
Nobody is missing your point. What is this shit you are talking about decision making? Do you think people who get drunk and drive think o themselves "No actually, I'll hit this person/flip my car, that'd be a laugh."

I don't care if you could drink Motorhead under the table and operate a spacecraft, being that close to the legal limit and then thinking to yourself "Well, clearly the law is wrong, I feel totally great to drive. How ridiculous that law is." Does make you sound quite possibly mentally retarded.
TheNegation is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios