MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   The Lounge (http://www.mmaforum.com/lounge/)
-   -   Religion.... (http://www.mmaforum.com/lounge/66829-religion.html)

CornbreadBB 03-29-2009 08:03 AM

Religion....
 
Making people stupider for thousands of years! :D

jcal 03-29-2009 08:51 AM

Phuck religion, how stupid can you be to believe those man made stories? A talking snake? Aburning bush? A man named Noah lives to be over 900 years old so he can build an ark to get 2 of every animal on the face of the earth on it? A giant fish swallows a man named Jonah and takes him to his destination? I could go on forever.

TERMINATOR 03-29-2009 09:08 AM

Man I dont know what to believe. Ya it sounds rediculous to think some of them things but I would hate to be the one now to say that theirs nothing after death, then when its my time gods like "aw see i told you you little Mother f**ker to believe in me" Anyways for now I will keep an open mind 50 50.

N1 03-29-2009 10:03 AM

im happy i live in a country where religion is more or less absence. yes we have our share of religious ppl but general opinion of them is that their "those crazy religious ppl ".
the whole north ( scandinavia in perticular ) is very unreligious. NOBODY goes to church on sundays for example . some ppl may go to church on christmas but thats more of a tradition

CornbreadBB 03-29-2009 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TERMINATOR (Post 853427)
Man I dont know what to believe. Ya it sounds rediculous to think some of them things but I would hate to be the one now to say that theirs nothing after death, then when its my time gods like "aw see i told you you little Mother f**ker to believe in me" Anyways for now I will keep an open mind 50 50.

To be honest, I'm the same way. (Want to meet up?) I only believe in God because I'm scared that if I don't he'll/she'll do something bad to me or be pissed when I die. Damn religious society. :(

Hawkeye6287 03-29-2009 11:08 AM

Always seems to me that alot religious people have a pretty low opinion of the God they supposedly worship. I mean someone who says "do exactly as I say or I will burn you in hell fire for ever" seems a little bit like a terrorist to me, but then again that exactly what alot of religious people believe God threatens them with. Also what kind of sycophantic narcissistic kind of being needs to be constantly praised all the time for everything. Thanks for the food, the house, the xbox etc.

So for most religious people GOd is an egotistical terrorist who demands props for all the good stuff and throws out the "works in mysterious ways" line for any bad stuff. That is some PR work there.

Belief in a higher power is all well and good, but the stunning inconsistencies in the teachings of most religions are ridiculous.

Also, I would think not believing in God would make you a better candidate for heaven not a worse one(if it all exists etc). If you believe in God (as part of religion) then all the good actions you done in your life are probably motivated by fear of eternal punishment or cos your religious leader says you must. I.e selfish cowardly reasons. (Little extreme but a reasonable concluesion)

However, if you dont believe in God then all the good actions you did in life were out genuine commitment to doing good and were in no way selfishly seeking some eternal reward. Can't believe God would be such an unreasonable asshole as to not appreciate the difference.

Anyway my 2 cents.

name goes here 03-29-2009 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Norway1 (Post 853433)
im happy i live in a country where religion is more or less absence. yes we have our share of religious ppl but general opinion of them is that their "those crazy religious ppl ".
the whole north ( scandinavia in perticular ) is very unreligious. NOBODY goes to church on sundays for example . some ppl may go to church on christmas but thats more of a tradition

Really? I thought you all worshiped Satan and listened to Dark Metal ;) Or failing that Odin, Thor etc ;)

Religion is fine if it isn't used as a vehicle for assholery

N1 03-29-2009 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by name goes here (Post 853499)
Really? I thought you all worshiped Satan and listened to Dark Metal ;) Or failing that Odin, Thor etc ;)

when we drink beer :thumbsup:

jcal 03-29-2009 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye6287 (Post 853455)
Always seems to me that alot religious people have a pretty low opinion of the God they supposedly worship. I mean someone who says "do exactly as I say or I will burn you in hell fire for ever" seems a little bit like a terrorist to me, but then again that exactly what alot of religious people believe God threatens them with. Also what kind of sycophantic narcissistic kind of being needs to be constantly praised all the time for everything. Thanks for the food, the house, the xbox etc.

So for most religious people GOd is an egotistical terrorist who demands props for all the good stuff and throws out the "works in mysterious ways" line for any bad stuff. That is some PR work there.

Belief in a higher power is all well and good, but the stunning inconsistencies in the teachings of most religions are ridiculous.

Also, I would think not believing in God would make you a better candidate for heaven not a worse one(if it all exists etc). If you believe in God (as part of religion) then all the good actions you done in your life are probably motivated by fear of eternal punishment or cos your religious leader says you must. I.e selfish cowardly reasons. (Little extreme but a reasonable concluesion)

However, if you dont believe in God then all the good actions you did in life were out genuine commitment to doing good and were in no way selfishly seeking some eternal reward. Can't believe God would be such an unreasonable asshole as to not appreciate the difference.

Anyway my 2 cents.

VERY god response:thumbsup:

CornbreadBB 03-29-2009 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hawkeye6287 (Post 853455)


However, if you dont believe in God then all the good actions you did in life were out genuine commitment to doing good and were in no way selfishly seeking some eternal reward. Can't believe God would be such an unreasonable asshole as to not appreciate the difference.

Anyway my 2 cents.

I'm pretty sure it's not so cut and dry. I do good things but not because I think I'll be rewarded by God but because it makes me feel good. (I mean if I were to do good things.) To be honest, I never got why you thank God if you're cured of cancer, but you don't blame him when you get cancer. The only way I would ever thank God for anything is if I'm a rapper that wins a Grammy...that's clearly God's work.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:37 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2