MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos

MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos (http://www.mmaforum.com/)
-   The Lounge (http://www.mmaforum.com/lounge/)
-   -   "Gay" (http://www.mmaforum.com/lounge/79032-gay.html)

Soojooko 07-12-2010 11:29 AM

"Gay"
 
I'm fed up.

Personally, I love using the word gay. But very much in its original sense. As in... fun & gay & fluffyness. I call my wife gay all the time because of said gooey sentiments.

However, the flippin' homos completely hijacked the fecking word and now I cant say it without politically correct hitlers jumping out of the bushes and kicking my head in.

Well, I've had it. I want my "gay" back. You know, the word thats about 1000 years old? The one that has absolutely nothing to do with genitalia?! God damn, I want to be able to call gay stuff "gay" without getting torched.

Whos with me!?

Disclaimer : I know this has nothing to do with gay people. They don't seem to give a shit! At least, my gay friends don't. Besides, most of them prefer "poof".

... also a bit bored.






and finally a ;) .. just in case Hitler is reading.

coldcall420 07-12-2010 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Soojooko (Post 1223736)
I'm fed up.

Personally, I love using the word gay. But very much in its original sense. As in... fun & gay & fluffyness. I call my wife gay all the time because of said gooey sentiments.

However, the flippin' homos completely hijacked the fecking word and now I cant say it without politically correct hitlers jumping out of the bushes and kicking my head in.

Well, I've had it. I want my "gay" back. You know, the word thats about 1000 years old? The one that has absolutely nothing to do with genitalia?! God damn, I want to be able to call gay stuff "gay" without getting torched.

Whos with me!?

Disclaimer : I know this has nothing to do with gay people. They don't seem to give a shit! At least, my gay friends don't. Besides, most of them prefer "poof".

... also a bit bored.






and finally a ;) .. just in case Hitler is reading.


Use Gay all day but not God Damn.....he has nothing to do with this:thumbsup: and breathe....it's okay FTR this thread has a good chance of getting deleted but i feel ya, too many sensative peeps taking things only in the context they want.....its phucked up...

smokelaw1 07-12-2010 02:29 PM

The point is, that many, many, many people (I'd even say the vast majority) use the term "gay" to describe something as less than desireable. As in, "this movie is so GAY." They don't mean "This movie has a simply delightful sense of lighthearted fun, don't you agree, friend?" If you mean that, that's friggen awesome for you. but that's not how most people (in the US anyway) use the word. They mean this movie sucks.
This IS insulting to homosexuals. Do you mind possibly offending people? If no, then that's 100% your call. Just don't act all surprised when someone is offended by taking a term the way most people use it.

Fact is, it's pretty deeply offensive, and I don't want to be that guy.

If you knew me, you would know I am anything but PC for PC's sake. if you use the term to mean happy and lighthearted, as you twitter around saying you feel witty, and pretty and GAY!, then all power to you. I'm guessing you're not an American english speaker. Do you also refer to cigarettes as "***s" and mistakes as "boners?" If you break a ciarette, do you say "whoops, pulled a boner with my *** there..." Go ahead, feel free, just know that when you do, people might take you as meaning something else, and it might not be smoething you want them to think about you. Whether this is important to you or not is ENTIRELY up to you.

Signed, on behalf of the flippin' homos,

SL1

Soojooko 07-12-2010 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smokelaw1 (Post 1223840)
The point is, that many, many, many people (I'd even say the vast majority) use the term "gay" to describe something as less than desireable. As in, "this movie is so GAY." They don't mean "This movie has a simply delightful sense of lighthearted fun, don't you agree, friend?" If you mean that, that's friggen awesome for you. but that's not how most people (in the US anyway) use the word. They mean this movie sucks.
This IS insulting to homosexuals. Do you mind possibly offending people? If no, then that's 100% your call. Just don't act all surprised when someone is offended by taking a term the way most people use it.

Fact is, it's pretty deeply offensive, and I don't want to be that guy.

If you knew me, you would know I am anything but PC for PC's sake. if you use the term to mean happy and lighthearted, as you twitter around saying you feel witty, and pretty and GAY!, then all power to you. I'm guessing you're not an American english speaker. Do you also refer to cigarettes as "***s" and mistakes as "boners?" If you break a ciarette, do you say "whoops, pulled a boner with my *** there..." Go ahead, feel free, just know that when you do, people might take you as meaning something else, and it might not be smoething you want them to think about you. Whether this is important to you or not is ENTIRELY up to you.

Signed, on behalf of the flippin' homos,

SL1

Word!

You see. The thing is, the typical male ogre demographic ( who happen coincidently to be the biggest homophobes ) dislike gay stuff from both sides of the fence. Im sure they recoil in horror at anything remotely jovial and gay.. or as you say, anything with delightful sense of lighthearted fun!

I fecking love the term. Yes, I'm a frivolous Englishman with a pendent for camp theatrics. I'm not gay as in homosexual, but I am gay as in camp and fun and gay. Two completely different things. That's why this topic affects me personally.

Really, nobody has attacked me proper for using the term. I'm half having some fun on a hot day, and half curious as to the reaction if I poke the fire a bit and see what yous lot think about it.

Its one of my favourite words and it seems I'm not allowed to use it properly! Booooooo! ;)

vilify 07-12-2010 03:58 PM

This thread is gay :)

Soojooko 07-12-2010 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vilify (Post 1223907)
This thread is gay :)

Hahahaha!!

I was actually gonna respond to smokelaw with "dont be so gay" but realized that kind of silliness wouldn't help my case at all.

xeberus 07-12-2010 04:07 PM

I rarely every use the word "gay", maybe because its offensive to people. But when I do use it I typically use it to say something is "lame".

VolcomX311 07-12-2010 04:48 PM

You can smart the word up and say anally inclined :thumbsup:

I believe they have officially banned the term "***" in the military, or at least are in the process of, seriously.

jasvll 07-12-2010 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VolcomX311 (Post 1223935)
You can smart the word up and say anally inclined :thumbsup:

I believe they have officially banned the term "***" in the military, or at least are in the process of, seriously.

I heard they banned gay people, too.

coldcall420 07-12-2010 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jasvll (Post 1223939)
I heard they banned gay people, too.


Arent they doing away with dont ask dont tell??? You know what that means, Darkwraith could never join the military now to shoot even more guns.....:confused05:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:01 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.8 , Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SEO by vBSEO 3.3.2