I never watched Oz, it was always on after TPB as I was growing up and it always scared me. However, with all of this hype I'm going to watch some this weekend and see if I can be hooked.
I thought about it a little bit and these are the shows that I enjoyed the most over my lifetime.
1. Beast Wars (Pretty funny that in canada it was actually called 'Beasties' to remove the word "war". I know the entire transformers story, and they blew my mind with some tie ins on this show. HANDS DOWN #1 for me.)
2. Seinfeld (No explanation. I'd be amazed if any show is ever watched more than this one)
3. Dexter (Makes me want to secretly kill people. Every single episode I am worried Dexter will be caught or found out. From the first episode to the last.)
4. The Wire (In the first season I was bothered by the farfetch'd-ness of the blatant police brutality etc, but then I realised it's just a tv show. I feel like it only gets good after the first season, but I feel the same way about Seinfeld.)
5. Breaking Bad (Needs more seasons, but this show whas whooping my behind after just every episode, just like Dexter)
I want to note something about Sons of Anarchy, this show could be really, really good. I would even say it IS really good, because I can't wait for the 3rd season. BUT, why do they need to have 8 commercial songs in every single episode? The last 3 mins of every episode they play a different song to wrap up and it makes it extra cheesy. Just had to get that off my chest.