Guns!!!! - Page 21 - MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos
The Lounge General off topic chat.

 6Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #201 of 208 (permalink) Old 08-15-2014, 12:25 PM
YNWA
 
Spite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Great Britain
Posts: 6,283
                     
Must Watch

Found this video to be interesting.

Basically its about how modern archers are crap but one guy studies the ancients way and is able to amazing things with a bow.

Excuse the narration, its a computer voice.


Spite is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #202 of 208 (permalink) Old 02-04-2015, 08:40 PM
Gone Fishing
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Gods country
Posts: 4,520
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Haven't posted in here in a while and maybe some of the new members are into this sort of thing.

Smith & Wesson .357



Kel Tec KSG


Not keeping quite the same pace as I was a year or so ago but still going strong. Will post more pics after I get some. Replaced some of the stuff posted in here on trade and bought some others. Armalite Ar-10, Remington 700 SPS in .308, Taurus 94 .22 revolver, Ruger SR22 semi auto, another Russian SKS, and a couple shotguns. One semi auto and a side by side 20 gauge.
Rusty is offline  
post #203 of 208 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 03:01 AM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 16,003
Blog Entries: 2
                     
You're the guy that ends up on the news after a kid breaks into his house and starts a school shooting.

I imagine you're house looking like that scene in the Matrix with the shelves of guns.

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #204 of 208 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 01:53 PM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 14,274
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMMAGURU View Post
Couldn't it be claimed that we're on an endless loop in this scenario?

Overthrow authority > establish personal freedoms > Make concessions for greater good > Fast forward > Repeat

Not being a dick by the way, just wondering what you think?
You are exactly right, it is a loop. That is why forgetting history is a dangerous thing and believing "it can't happen again" is dangerous thinking. Civilians have had to overthrow their leaders countless times throughout history. It's in human nature to want power, get power, and abuse that power. That is exactly and entirely why having an armed society with modernized weapons is as important as it is, and why Americans value their weapons. Nobody is "going Hitler" in America when 320 million people, more people than every army on earth combined, are armed with more guns than we know what to do with and are ready to go to war at a drop of the hat.
UKMMAGURU likes this.
M.C is offline  
post #205 of 208 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 06:41 PM
Panic-wrestler
 
UKMMAGURU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Wearside/St. Neots
Posts: 3,264
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.C View Post
You are exactly right, it is a loop. That is why forgetting history is a dangerous thing and believing "it can't happen again" is dangerous thinking. Civilians have had to overthrow their leaders countless times throughout history. It's in human nature to want power, get power, and abuse that power. That is exactly and entirely why having an armed society with modernized weapons is as important as it is, and why Americans value their weapons. Nobody is "going Hitler" in America when 320 million people, more people than every army on earth combined, are armed with more guns than we know what to do with and are ready to go to war at a drop of the hat.
Hey M.C just wanted to let you know you're an awesome admin - you read, respond and proactively look for ways to encourage debate on this forum regardless if the opinion opposes your own. I have been here since 2009 and hope that I make it here for many more years.

M.C and Trix like this.
UKMMAGURU is offline  
post #206 of 208 (permalink) Old 02-16-2017, 07:48 PM
The 45%
 
ClydebankBlitz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Glasgow
Posts: 16,003
Blog Entries: 2
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMMAGURU View Post
Hey M.C just wanted to let you know you're an awesome admin - you read, respond and proactively look for ways to encourage debate on this forum regardless if the opinion opposes your own. I have been here since 2009 and hope that I make it here for many more years.

You know, when he's not calling me the worst person in the world for saying Skyrim is a "geeky game" and then using the word to describe himself a month later

Personally, I think if you're going to go with the "I need guns for anarchy" excuse, you may as well go with zombie apocalypse since it's more realistic than government Vs civilians. I mean, M.C., do you really think you're gonna be on the civilians side in this day in age?

ClydebankBlitz is offline  
post #207 of 208 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 12:16 AM
M.C
.:DISTURBED:.
 
M.C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: California
Posts: 14,274
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKMMAGURU View Post
Hey M.C just wanted to let you know you're an awesome admin - you read, respond and proactively look for ways to encourage debate on this forum regardless if the opinion opposes your own. I have been here since 2009 and hope that I make it here for many more years.

Thanks, man.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
You know, when he's not calling me the worst person in the world for saying Skyrim is a "geeky game" and then using the word to describe himself a month later

Personally, I think if you're going to go with the "I need guns for anarchy" excuse, you may as well go with zombie apocalypse since it's more realistic than government Vs civilians. I mean, M.C., do you really think you're gonna be on the civilians side in this day in age?
You love being called the worst person in the world, though. I always thought I was just fulfilling one of your fetishes.

If a civil war broke out, I'd be on the civil side... as a civilian. Whether something like that happens in my life time or not is debatable.
ClydebankBlitz likes this.
M.C is offline  
post #208 of 208 (permalink) Old 02-17-2017, 11:39 AM
-DayDay Knucks-
 
HitOrGetHit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 20,760
Blog Entries: 13
                     
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClydebankBlitz View Post
You know, when he's not calling me the worst person in the world for saying Skyrim is a "geeky game"
This alone does not make you a terrible person. But combining this with your lack of Zelda gaming.... Definitely makes you a terrible person.
ClydebankBlitz likes this.
HitOrGetHit is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the MMA Forum - UFC Forums - UFC Results - MMA Videos forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.




Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome